Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers - Page 793

post #11881 of 12004

Okay, then I think I am just going to grab a pair of those Bugle Boys again and call it good for a while.

post #11882 of 12004
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtMrFire View Post
 

Okay, then I think I am just going to grab a pair of those Bugle Boys again and call it good for a while.


You seemed to enjoy your last BB's...

 

:beerchug:

post #11883 of 12004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starburp701 View Post


I've been dying to check em' out. Can't seem to find a used pair anywhere.

 

They are definitely worth picking up. I mainly picked them up to have the ability to use my amp if tubes disappear off the face of the earth, but bonus; turns out they are amazing!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starburp701 View Post


If I thought they would be my default I would just buy them new. I didn't have a chance to hear them, but I was holding them at CanJam earlier this month and talking to one of the Schiit guys at the booth about them. I think they would be good for gaming with that solid state analytical, tight, sterile sound. By the time I was done synergizing with MJ2 + GuMBy it was time to move on to the next booth 😊

 

 Can confirm they are great for gaming, positional cues are much better than with tubes. You are spot on with what you expect from them.

 

 

post #11884 of 12004
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtMrFire View Post

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AMPEREX-BUGLE-BOY-6DJ8-ECC88-VACUUM-TUBE-1960s-MATCH-PAIR-NO-PAINT-SWEET-/222409715010?hash=item33c8a6ed42:g:eLMAAOSw5cNYQHMR

Seems to be a good seller, but how can he tell what they are with no paint?

Dude.. just fair warning.
I boght orange globes off of him that had a horrible hiss. When I told him he asked me if I followed the instructions that were included which say to burn them in for 50 hours, clean the pins, and that if you use your own tube reader that his is more accurate, basically. I told him I did and that I want to return or exchange them and settled on 6DJ8 Phillips. So he tells me to send the tubes back and he will mail me new ones. Well, he didn't send me any prepaid shipping label and expected me to just send them back to him. Strike 1. Next, I tell him that's a no go and he pretends like he didn't know and cant figure out how to do a return on ebay when he was trying to get me to pay for shipping or act like I didn't even ship them back and keep em', and being very rude through the process by giving short answers and only 1 answer a day making this take over a week for a shipping label. Finally get the label and send it back, he didn't tell me but he went on vacation for a week! Strike 2. So my tubes are with him and he didn't send mine out and I have to wait even more. Finally sends them out 1 1/2 weeks later and I get the Phillips. They are super microphonic, so microphonic I can't click my mouse on my desk without them ringing like are bell. Strike 3. I buy herbies tube dampers, isolation pads, and finally, tubemonger socket savers work like a charm. I already know he's impossible to work with and don't want to deal with a return so I leave it as be and just leave honest feedback.

Tl;dr I would avoid him if you want to save yourself frustration.
Edited by Starburp701 - 2/17/17 at 10:11am
post #11885 of 12004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starburp701 View Post

Elaborate
Just poking fun. I have a very good balance ss amp. I keep the lyr for rolling tubes. I'm sure the lysst are fine. I'm just not that curious since I have an iha6 and h10 and and LC . Since this is a rolling thread I thought I'd side with the other kids in the yard. No trolling just having fun
post #11886 of 12004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starburp701 View Post


Dude.. just fair warning.
I boght orange globes off of him that had a horrible hiss. When I told him he asked me if I followed the instructions that were included which say to burn them in for 50 hours, clean the pins, and that if you use your own tube reader that his is more accurate, basically. I told him I did and that I want to return or exchange them and settled on 6DJ8 Phillips. So he tells me to send the tubes back and he will mail me new ones. Well, he didn't send me any prepaid shipping label and expected me to just send them back to him. Strike 1. Next, I tell him that's a no go and he pretends like he didn't know and cant figure out how to do a return on ebay when he was trying to get me to pay for shipping or act like I didn't even ship them back and keep em', and being very rude through the process by giving short answers and only 1 answer a day making this take over a week for a shipping label. Finally get the label and send it back, he didn't tell me but he went on vacation for a week! Strike 2. So my tubes are with him and he didn't send mine out and I have to wait even more. Finally sends them out 1 1/2 weeks later and I get the Phillips. They are super microphonic, so microphonic I can't click my mouse on my desk without them ringing like are bell. Strike 3. I buy herbies tube dampers, isolation pads, and finally, tubemonger socket savers work like a charm. I already know he's impossible to work with and don't want to deal with a return so I leave it as be and just leave honest feedback.

Tl;dr I would avoid him if you want to save yourself frustration.

 

That sucks, sorry to hear it.  He does only have 3 bad marks though out of almost 1,500, not to diminish your experience, but it doesn't seem to be a common thing from his feedback.  I may take a chance.

post #11887 of 12004
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvnosaint View Post

Just poking fun. I have a very good balance ss amp. I keep the lyr for rolling tubes. I'm sure the lysst are fine. I'm just not that curious since I have an iha6 and h10 and and LC . Since this is a rolling thread I thought I'd side with the other kids in the yard. No trolling just having fun

I didn't think you were trolling! I do guess it's a little taboo for a topic around these parts but I cannot discuss my love for Siemens until either TK's tubes hit my doorstep or the Siemens JAN'S from Canada!
post #11888 of 12004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starburp701 View Post


Dude.. just fair warning.
I boght orange globes off of him that had a horrible hiss. When I told him he asked me if I followed the instructions that were included which say to burn them in for 50 hours, clean the pins, and that if you use your own tube reader that his is more accurate, basically. I told him I did and that I want to return or exchange them and settled on 6DJ8 Phillips. So he tells me to send the tubes back and he will mail me new ones. Well, he didn't send me any prepaid shipping label and expected me to just send them back to him. Strike 1. Next, I tell him that's a no go and he pretends like he didn't know and cant figure out how to do a return on ebay when he was trying to get me to pay for shipping or act like I didn't even ship them back and keep em', and being very rude through the process by giving my mouse on my desk without them ringing like are bell. Strike 3. I buy herbies tube dampers, isolation pads, and finally, tubemonger socket savers work like a charm. I already know he's impossible to work with and don't want to deal with a return so I leave it as be and just leave honest feedback.

Tl;dr I would avoid him if you want to save yourself frustration.


Sorry to hear you had an issue with him.  I have bought several tubes frommhim.  Was always a good vendor for me.  Only had one issue with noise,  I brought it to his attention, sent it back and he promptly replaced it.  I did not ask for a refund so I do not know how quick he is for those.

 

If you have an issue use ebay and paypal.  You will get a refund and the vendor will receive a negative from both if they receive too many they begin to delay payment to the vendor.  I have had vendors say keep the tubes and give me refund just to not involve ebay and paypal.

post #11889 of 12004
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtMrFire View Post

That sucks, sorry to hear it.  He does only have 3 bad marks though out of almost 1,500, not to diminish your experience, but it doesn't seem to be a common thing from his feedback.  I may take a chance.

Just looking out for you. I may add you can get Bugle Boys off of Tubemonger for around $10 more? They have labels and all lol
post #11890 of 12004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starburp701 View Post


Just looking out for you. I may add you can get Bugle Boys off of Tubemonger for around $10 more? They have labels and all lol


Tubemonger is a good vendor have couple set of tube socket savers.  If they ever fail Tubemonger will replace them at no charge.  Bet they are just as good with tubes.

post #11891 of 12004
Quote:
Originally Posted by MWSVette View Post


Tubemonger is a good vendor have couple set of tube socket savers.  If they ever fail Tubemonger will replace them at no charge.  Bet they are just as good with tubes.

Agreed. They are fantastic.
post #11892 of 12004

Are 6N2P 12AX7 Voskhod Russian compatible with Lyr 1?

post #11893 of 12004
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtMrFire View Post
 

Are 6N2P 12AX7 Voskhod Russian compatible with Lyr 1?


No 12v tubes are......

post #11894 of 12004
post #11895 of 12004
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtMrFire View Post
 

Are 6N2P 12AX7 Voskhod Russian compatible with Lyr 1?


If you are interested in tubes it would really behoove you to read at least the first page of this thread.

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/755300/schiit-lyr-lyr-2-tube-compatibility-list

 

You will find it will answer many of your questions.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers