- 1,059 Posts. Joined 8/2010
- Location: U.S. Texas
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- WTB: AKG K702 65th Anniversary ( Possibly HD650, HD600, or HE-400 ) Last post on 5/23/13 at 5:26pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- AKG 702 65th Anniversary for Mad Dog 3.2, with Alpha dog pads preferred Last post on 9/19/14 at 9:20am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- anyone own the he400 and have returned the he400i Last post on Today at 11:16 am in Headphones (full-size)
- HE-560 VS Vmoda M100 Last post on 9/18/14 at 1:12pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Worth experimenting with ZxR + O2+ODAC? Last post on 9/15/14 at 9:29am in Portable Headphone Amps
I bought my RP3 for my headphone set up to enter in the world of vinyl and what a buy! Overall the rega is a very sensitive Turntable however, it awes me everytime I plug it in a play.
I have owned the WA2 for about a year now. I typically listen to Alternative Rock, occasional Rap and some Blues. I am using a Arcam rDac with it and I also have a Rega RP-3 and a Project Phono...
Disclaimer: I was sent a sample of the Brainwavz S5 for review. This will not affect my opinion of these IEMs in any way. You can also find this review(with pictures) on my own blog...
Switching from desktop audio system to the dap system is a painful experience if you have a seriously monitoring taste for any music and get used to top-notch headphones system like hd800+ ecba...
Presentation That's a lovely box it comes in. I'm not being snarky at all; it really is nice. Totally for presentation though, not for transport/portability. Construction The...
AKG K702 65th Anniv VS Hifiman HE400 - Page 4
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I saw your other post, I'm surprise you don't have to adjust the arms. I didn't think my head is big and I have to increase it. The heaviness will go away after awhile if you find them comfy. Glad you enjoying them. I just bought me the he500 a few weeks back and still enjoy the he400. Their is something with both of these hifiman that I just enjoy them a lot. I'm about to pick me up a better amp, hopefully I'll get some distance in like ability between the two as of right now Im thinking the he400 has such great value. The he500 is still In the lead, I'm just wanting more out of them. With these two, the anniv. Is a sitting duck.
Of course I would love a HE-500, but it is out of my price range at the moment.
I'm really surprised about the fit on these headphones, I honestly just don't even understand it.
I've never had a headphone that fit my big head on the smallest adjustment...
I'm not really telling u to get the he500, just saying the he400 for me right now is such a good value, and not that far apart as far as enjoyability from he500. after going to the he500, Ive learned I can live with the he400 and be happy, but now that I have the he500 I'm just curious to see what else it could do. This is with the m/m stack.
Well bring into notices the diff. b.w the two (also including Quincy Jones model of AKG) :
Better Clarity -->HE-400
Better Instrument Separation --> HE-400 (though AKG ones have much bigger and better SoundStage...Magic of Orthos)
Better Positioning --> Positioning also refers to Directionality capabilities of a HP which will look better on Thin-Sounding Headphones. HE-400 is Thicker whereas Annie/Quincy are much Thinner. But also Instrument Separation and Positioning goes hand-by-hand but heard Annie/Quincy has better positioning where as Instrument Separation is much better on HE-400....A point to Discuss (Enlighten Me!!)
Better Over-all Presentation -->HE-400 as it is more Engaging & listening to them after coming back from other Headphones seems that some Energy was lost in music in those Headphones.
Better Treble --> AKG K702 Annie/Q701
Better Mids -->HE-400 (Tough Competition there but Keeping such Gr8 Lows with Mids being Intact is just Phenomenal!!)
Better Bass --> HE-400 Comfort --> Annie & Quincy Amplification --->HE-400
Looks--> All Good, Matter of Personal Choice ;)
Price to Value Ration --> K702 65th Anniversary & HE-400 are almost same but if AKG Q701 (being a lower price model) is almost identical to K702 Annie then How it fairs up against HE-400 is a question as HE-400 Low End is comparable to some v.good High-End Headphones & its Mids are ALWAYS intact which happen v.less for a Headphone having Superb Low end though being at 400$... (Readers in Need of all yours comment for the same )
Edited by gab840 - 1/13/14 at 2:14pm
Seems that you've had your HE-400's for several months by now, how are you enjoying them after the 150hour burn in mark...
Any problems with them at all ? Did you do any mods to them?
- AKG K702 65th Anniv VS Hifiman HE400
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Light Harmonic GEEK 1 minute ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-ESW9 and ATH-ESW9A Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 3 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 3 minutes ago
- › VSonic VSD1/VSD1S Reviews/Impression Thread 5 minutes ago
- › $500 DAC; Shciit Biforst Uber upgrade or Audio-GD NFB 3 5 minutes ago
- › Headphones or 2.1 Speakers? ($500 budget) 6 minutes ago
- › Multi-IEM Review - 321 IEMs compared (NarMoo S1 added 09/04/14 p. 966) 6 minutes ago
- › I have a $300 budget for a new pair of headphones, can I get some... 6 minutes ago
- › Headphones up to £100 with DacMagic XS USB DAC 7 minutes ago
- › Rega RP3 by Nhubley
- › Woo Audio 2 by Nhubley
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by razor5cl
- › Aune M1 Hi-Fi Wav Player by wtnwin111
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Armaegis
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Brooko
- › Audio-gd NFB29 by kvtaco17
- › Grado RS1i Reference Series Headphones by Textfeud
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by donniefalcone
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by lizhenghong728
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)