- 1,059 Posts. Joined 8/2010
- Location: U.S. Texas
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- WTB: AKG K702 65th Anniversary ( Possibly HD650, HD600, or HE-400 ) Last post on 5/23/13 at 5:26pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- AKG 702 65th Anniversary for Mad Dog 3.2, with Alpha dog pads preferred Last post on Yesterday at 9:20 am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- anyone own the he400 and have returned the he400i Last post on 9/18/14 at 4:11pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HE-560 VS Vmoda M100 Last post on 9/18/14 at 1:12pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Worth experimenting with ZxR + O2+ODAC? Last post on 9/15/14 at 9:29am in Portable Headphone Amps
I am from China and I'd like to say Chinese people are lucky enough to have the opportunity to reach most of device in the area of audio especially some brand only provided in China.So it made me...
The Theorem 720 is magical.. Using it is like stepping into a foreign land where everything is crisp, detailed, and so very vivid that you’ll never want to leave again for the boring, veiled,...
This is my first DAP. I bought it in August with pre-installed 2.1 firmware and I have to say I am positively surprised how great this player sounds. I honestly can not compare it with other DAPs...
i just bought an Asus Vulcan pro gaming headset on a whim and I've gotta say I'm pleasantly surprised so I thought id share my experience. Now let me qualify this, I'm not saying they have the same...
Warm sound, good mid, great price Easy to drive compare with other studio headphone, there is shouldn't be too much complaint consider this headphone now only retail about $70 and sound really...
AKG K702 65th Anniv VS Hifiman HE400 - Page 4
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I saw your other post, I'm surprise you don't have to adjust the arms. I didn't think my head is big and I have to increase it. The heaviness will go away after awhile if you find them comfy. Glad you enjoying them. I just bought me the he500 a few weeks back and still enjoy the he400. Their is something with both of these hifiman that I just enjoy them a lot. I'm about to pick me up a better amp, hopefully I'll get some distance in like ability between the two as of right now Im thinking the he400 has such great value. The he500 is still In the lead, I'm just wanting more out of them. With these two, the anniv. Is a sitting duck.
Of course I would love a HE-500, but it is out of my price range at the moment.
I'm really surprised about the fit on these headphones, I honestly just don't even understand it.
I've never had a headphone that fit my big head on the smallest adjustment...
I'm not really telling u to get the he500, just saying the he400 for me right now is such a good value, and not that far apart as far as enjoyability from he500. after going to the he500, Ive learned I can live with the he400 and be happy, but now that I have the he500 I'm just curious to see what else it could do. This is with the m/m stack.
Well bring into notices the diff. b.w the two (also including Quincy Jones model of AKG) :
Better Clarity -->HE-400
Better Instrument Separation --> HE-400 (though AKG ones have much bigger and better SoundStage...Magic of Orthos)
Better Positioning --> Positioning also refers to Directionality capabilities of a HP which will look better on Thin-Sounding Headphones. HE-400 is Thicker whereas Annie/Quincy are much Thinner. But also Instrument Separation and Positioning goes hand-by-hand but heard Annie/Quincy has better positioning where as Instrument Separation is much better on HE-400....A point to Discuss (Enlighten Me!!)
Better Over-all Presentation -->HE-400 as it is more Engaging & listening to them after coming back from other Headphones seems that some Energy was lost in music in those Headphones.
Better Treble --> AKG K702 Annie/Q701
Better Mids -->HE-400 (Tough Competition there but Keeping such Gr8 Lows with Mids being Intact is just Phenomenal!!)
Better Bass --> HE-400 Comfort --> Annie & Quincy Amplification --->HE-400
Looks--> All Good, Matter of Personal Choice ;)
Price to Value Ration --> K702 65th Anniversary & HE-400 are almost same but if AKG Q701 (being a lower price model) is almost identical to K702 Annie then How it fairs up against HE-400 is a question as HE-400 Low End is comparable to some v.good High-End Headphones & its Mids are ALWAYS intact which happen v.less for a Headphone having Superb Low end though being at 400$... (Readers in Need of all yours comment for the same )
Edited by gab840 - 1/13/14 at 2:14pm
Seems that you've had your HE-400's for several months by now, how are you enjoying them after the 150hour burn in mark...
Any problems with them at all ? Did you do any mods to them?
- AKG K702 65th Anniv VS Hifiman HE400
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 5 minutes ago
- › How do I rip the best quality files for my Dap 10 minutes ago
- › DHC Silver Peptide Cable, Adapters for Hifiman, Alpha Dogs, Oppo... 10 minutes ago
- › THE ACOUSTIC MUSIC THREAD 10 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 12 minutes ago
- › Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II 12 minutes ago
- › Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5 12 minutes ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.5.0 13 minutes ago
- › Ultimate Ears UE 900 Discussion and Impressions Thread 14 minutes ago
- › HM-901 15 minutes ago
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by lizhenghong728
- › Cypher Labs Theorem 720 DAC Headphone Amplifier by cripple1
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by marhol
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by lumberjake
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)