- 1,048 Posts. Joined 8/2010
- Location: U.S. Texas
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- WTB: AKG K702 65th Anniversary ( Possibly HD650, HD600, or HE-400 ) Last post on 5/23/13 at 5:26pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- DT770 vs DT880 vs M100 vs D600 vs Q40 vs HFI580 vs HE400 vs UE6000 Last post on 6/24/14 at 8:30am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Amp for Hifiman HE-400 Last post on 6/22/14 at 8:14am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Hifiman HE-400 with a PA2v2? Last post on 6/15/14 at 12:16am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone for FiiO X3? Last post on Yesterday at 5:04 pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Thanks to Oppo Digital Japan for allowing us to borrow the PM-1 and HA-1. Oppo coming out with a pair of headphones was quite a surprised, especially a pair of planars. Likewise the HA-1,...
Brainwavs are at it again with their new 10mm dynamic driver based IEM named "S5". I must say I was intrigued to try the new sample and where they'd come from Brainwavs B2 I owned many months...
A decade ago; I had bought into the crappy Logitech Bluetooth devices which I swore NEVER to buy again deeming it a bad technology. Ten years later; I now needed an in wireless in-ear device for...
I was looking for a cheap and cheerful, fun sounding closed can for listening at my computer at work and some limited portable use. I typically listen to EDM in this setting and had been using the...
I built my first ever PC with this sound card, I had already brought a Asus board that has SupremeFX and well the ZxR dethroned the Asus immediately. I have not heard any of the Asus Xonar PCIe...
AKG K702 65th Anniv VS Hifiman HE400 - Page 4
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I saw your other post, I'm surprise you don't have to adjust the arms. I didn't think my head is big and I have to increase it. The heaviness will go away after awhile if you find them comfy. Glad you enjoying them. I just bought me the he500 a few weeks back and still enjoy the he400. Their is something with both of these hifiman that I just enjoy them a lot. I'm about to pick me up a better amp, hopefully I'll get some distance in like ability between the two as of right now Im thinking the he400 has such great value. The he500 is still In the lead, I'm just wanting more out of them. With these two, the anniv. Is a sitting duck.
Of course I would love a HE-500, but it is out of my price range at the moment.
I'm really surprised about the fit on these headphones, I honestly just don't even understand it.
I've never had a headphone that fit my big head on the smallest adjustment...
I'm not really telling u to get the he500, just saying the he400 for me right now is such a good value, and not that far apart as far as enjoyability from he500. after going to the he500, Ive learned I can live with the he400 and be happy, but now that I have the he500 I'm just curious to see what else it could do. This is with the m/m stack.
Well bring into notices the diff. b.w the two (also including Quincy Jones model of AKG) :
Better Clarity -->HE-400
Better Instrument Separation --> HE-400 (though AKG ones have much bigger and better SoundStage...Magic of Orthos)
Better Positioning --> Positioning also refers to Directionality capabilities of a HP which will look better on Thin-Sounding Headphones. HE-400 is Thicker whereas Annie/Quincy are much Thinner. But also Instrument Separation and Positioning goes hand-by-hand but heard Annie/Quincy has better positioning where as Instrument Separation is much better on HE-400....A point to Discuss (Enlighten Me!!)
Better Over-all Presentation -->HE-400 as it is more Engaging & listening to them after coming back from other Headphones seems that some Energy was lost in music in those Headphones.
Better Treble --> AKG K702 Annie/Q701
Better Mids -->HE-400 (Tough Competition there but Keeping such Gr8 Lows with Mids being Intact is just Phenomenal!!)
Better Bass --> HE-400 Comfort --> Annie & Quincy Amplification --->HE-400
Looks--> All Good, Matter of Personal Choice ;)
Price to Value Ration --> K702 65th Anniversary & HE-400 are almost same but if AKG Q701 (being a lower price model) is almost identical to K702 Annie then How it fairs up against HE-400 is a question as HE-400 Low End is comparable to some v.good High-End Headphones & its Mids are ALWAYS intact which happen v.less for a Headphone having Superb Low end though being at 400$... (Readers in Need of all yours comment for the same )
Edited by gab840 - 1/13/14 at 2:14pm
Seems that you've had your HE-400's for several months by now, how are you enjoying them after the 150hour burn in mark...
Any problems with them at all ? Did you do any mods to them?
- AKG K702 65th Anniv VS Hifiman HE400
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The AKG K712 Pro Support and Impressions Thread 1 second ago
- › Fostex T50RP Incremental Mods and Measurements 39 seconds ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 48 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 IEM 2 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › iFi iRACK - don't wish your desktop system was hot like me... 3 minutes ago
- › Closed & Over ear Headphones for £250 3 minutes ago
- › Dark Voice 339 3 minutes ago
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by H20Fidelity
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › AKG K267 by Blinxat
- › AKG K490 NC by MP3guy
- › Corsair Vengeance 2000 Wireless 7.1 Gaming Headset (CA-9011115-NA) by DallasDanielle
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)