- 1,059 Posts. Joined 8/2010
- Location: U.S. Texas
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- WTB: AKG K702 65th Anniversary ( Possibly HD650, HD600, or HE-400 ) Last post on 5/23/13 at 5:26pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- he 400 Last post on 9/25/14 at 1:58pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HE400+Magni/modi combo Last post on 9/21/14 at 7:00am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- AKG 702 65th Anniversary for Mad Dog 3.2, with Alpha dog pads preferred Last post on 9/19/14 at 9:20am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- anyone own the he400 and have returned the he400i Last post on 9/21/14 at 11:16am in Headphones (full-size)
This is a review of Bowers & Wilkins B&W C5 Series 2 (new 2014 version) in-ear premium headphones with in-line remote....
Introduction – So a few weeks into my search and discovery of budget-based earphones has led me here - to the Xiaomi Piston 2.1. The Pistons are the result of the popular Chinese smartphone...
There aren't many sub-$10 IEMs in the market. With all the recent budget IEMs being priced at around $50, it leaves very little choice for people who are looking for a very cheap IEM. As far as I...
Since I was among the early adopters of this updated 2.0 version of R3, I already posted a detailed review with pictures in the original R3 review thread. Therefore, I'm just going to provide a...
Im probably like you right now, I was once reading reviews a bunch of comments, watching a bunch of videos of what to purchase... and everyone kept suggesting the ATH-M50x, so in a frantic search...
AKG K702 65th Anniv VS Hifiman HE400 - Page 4
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I saw your other post, I'm surprise you don't have to adjust the arms. I didn't think my head is big and I have to increase it. The heaviness will go away after awhile if you find them comfy. Glad you enjoying them. I just bought me the he500 a few weeks back and still enjoy the he400. Their is something with both of these hifiman that I just enjoy them a lot. I'm about to pick me up a better amp, hopefully I'll get some distance in like ability between the two as of right now Im thinking the he400 has such great value. The he500 is still In the lead, I'm just wanting more out of them. With these two, the anniv. Is a sitting duck.
Of course I would love a HE-500, but it is out of my price range at the moment.
I'm really surprised about the fit on these headphones, I honestly just don't even understand it.
I've never had a headphone that fit my big head on the smallest adjustment...
I'm not really telling u to get the he500, just saying the he400 for me right now is such a good value, and not that far apart as far as enjoyability from he500. after going to the he500, Ive learned I can live with the he400 and be happy, but now that I have the he500 I'm just curious to see what else it could do. This is with the m/m stack.
Well bring into notices the diff. b.w the two (also including Quincy Jones model of AKG) :
Better Clarity -->HE-400
Better Instrument Separation --> HE-400 (though AKG ones have much bigger and better SoundStage...Magic of Orthos)
Better Positioning --> Positioning also refers to Directionality capabilities of a HP which will look better on Thin-Sounding Headphones. HE-400 is Thicker whereas Annie/Quincy are much Thinner. But also Instrument Separation and Positioning goes hand-by-hand but heard Annie/Quincy has better positioning where as Instrument Separation is much better on HE-400....A point to Discuss (Enlighten Me!!)
Better Over-all Presentation -->HE-400 as it is more Engaging & listening to them after coming back from other Headphones seems that some Energy was lost in music in those Headphones.
Better Treble --> AKG K702 Annie/Q701
Better Mids -->HE-400 (Tough Competition there but Keeping such Gr8 Lows with Mids being Intact is just Phenomenal!!)
Better Bass --> HE-400 Comfort --> Annie & Quincy Amplification --->HE-400
Looks--> All Good, Matter of Personal Choice ;)
Price to Value Ration --> K702 65th Anniversary & HE-400 are almost same but if AKG Q701 (being a lower price model) is almost identical to K702 Annie then How it fairs up against HE-400 is a question as HE-400 Low End is comparable to some v.good High-End Headphones & its Mids are ALWAYS intact which happen v.less for a Headphone having Superb Low end though being at 400$... (Readers in Need of all yours comment for the same )
Edited by gab840 - 1/13/14 at 2:14pm
Seems that you've had your HE-400's for several months by now, how are you enjoying them after the 150hour burn in mark...
Any problems with them at all ? Did you do any mods to them?
- AKG K702 65th Anniv VS Hifiman HE400
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › FiiO X1, the new start of the high-res DAP with individual DAC and... 44 seconds ago
- › Headphone Sightings 2 49 seconds ago
- › The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 1 minute ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 1 minute ago
- › Requesting your input on M3U playlist support for X3, X5 2 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 3 minutes ago
- › THE HYPE.............................. Appreciation Thread. 4 minutes ago
- › Yulong's new DA8 4 minutes ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 4 minutes ago
- › Bowers & Wilkins C5 S2 In-Ear Headphones, Black by twister6
- › Xiaomi Pistons 2.0 MK301 by Audiophile1811
- › MEElectronics M9-BK Hi-Fi Sound-Isolating Earphones (Black) by lin0003
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by twister6
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by Michaelc136
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Kamakahah
- › Comply Custom Wraps by ClieOS
- › Bowers & Wilkins P5 Mobile Headphones by twister6
- › FiiO E17 by DwightLooi
- › FIDUE A81 In-Ear Noise Isolating Earphones Heaphones with High-End... by Brooko
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)