- 1,056 Posts. Joined 8/2010
- Location: U.S. Texas
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- WTB: AKG K702 65th Anniversary ( Possibly HD650, HD600, or HE-400 ) Last post on 5/23/13 at 5:26pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Open Headphones and Amp Advice Last post on 8/20/14 at 4:36pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Recommendations for exciting open back headphones on a budget Last post on 8/12/14 at 4:09pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- DT770 vs DT880 vs M100 vs D600 vs Q40 vs HFI580 vs HE400 vs UE6000 Last post on 8/9/14 at 10:55am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Amp for Hifiman HE-400 Last post on 6/22/14 at 8:14am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
I have used this amp for about a year now, and I must say it has served me well. POWER Through many different headphones, the FiiO E09K hasn't skipped a beat, and has driven everything from...
Using WASAPI, ASIO and onboard stock drivers yielded the exact same result. Same sound quality and same sound coloration. Unless you are suffering from serious EMI and static noise then these dont...
This is a review of TTPOD T1E dual dynamic driver in-ear headphones. http://penonaudio.com/TTPOD-T1E-Bass Here you go, another in-ear headphone gem for under $50! Though I was a bit skeptical...
My first quality IEM purchase was the Hifiman RE-400 when they first came out. I was used to low end Skullcandy sets at the time, and I really wanted to see what "reference sound" sounded like for...
This is going to be a short review, just letting you know in advance. I listen to mostly contemporary pop, classic rock, as well as a little classical. In my search for a good headphone to use for...
AKG K702 65th Anniv VS Hifiman HE400 - Page 4
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I saw your other post, I'm surprise you don't have to adjust the arms. I didn't think my head is big and I have to increase it. The heaviness will go away after awhile if you find them comfy. Glad you enjoying them. I just bought me the he500 a few weeks back and still enjoy the he400. Their is something with both of these hifiman that I just enjoy them a lot. I'm about to pick me up a better amp, hopefully I'll get some distance in like ability between the two as of right now Im thinking the he400 has such great value. The he500 is still In the lead, I'm just wanting more out of them. With these two, the anniv. Is a sitting duck.
Of course I would love a HE-500, but it is out of my price range at the moment.
I'm really surprised about the fit on these headphones, I honestly just don't even understand it.
I've never had a headphone that fit my big head on the smallest adjustment...
I'm not really telling u to get the he500, just saying the he400 for me right now is such a good value, and not that far apart as far as enjoyability from he500. after going to the he500, Ive learned I can live with the he400 and be happy, but now that I have the he500 I'm just curious to see what else it could do. This is with the m/m stack.
Well bring into notices the diff. b.w the two (also including Quincy Jones model of AKG) :
Better Clarity -->HE-400
Better Instrument Separation --> HE-400 (though AKG ones have much bigger and better SoundStage...Magic of Orthos)
Better Positioning --> Positioning also refers to Directionality capabilities of a HP which will look better on Thin-Sounding Headphones. HE-400 is Thicker whereas Annie/Quincy are much Thinner. But also Instrument Separation and Positioning goes hand-by-hand but heard Annie/Quincy has better positioning where as Instrument Separation is much better on HE-400....A point to Discuss (Enlighten Me!!)
Better Over-all Presentation -->HE-400 as it is more Engaging & listening to them after coming back from other Headphones seems that some Energy was lost in music in those Headphones.
Better Treble --> AKG K702 Annie/Q701
Better Mids -->HE-400 (Tough Competition there but Keeping such Gr8 Lows with Mids being Intact is just Phenomenal!!)
Better Bass --> HE-400 Comfort --> Annie & Quincy Amplification --->HE-400
Looks--> All Good, Matter of Personal Choice ;)
Price to Value Ration --> K702 65th Anniversary & HE-400 are almost same but if AKG Q701 (being a lower price model) is almost identical to K702 Annie then How it fairs up against HE-400 is a question as HE-400 Low End is comparable to some v.good High-End Headphones & its Mids are ALWAYS intact which happen v.less for a Headphone having Superb Low end though being at 400$... (Readers in Need of all yours comment for the same )
Edited by gab840 - 1/13/14 at 2:14pm
Seems that you've had your HE-400's for several months by now, how are you enjoying them after the 150hour burn in mark...
Any problems with them at all ? Did you do any mods to them?
- AKG K702 65th Anniv VS Hifiman HE400
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Ok so I started making the move to better sound quality headphones... 1 minute ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 1 minute ago
- › AKG K812 Pro 1 minute ago
- › DNA Stratus 2A3 amplifier - first impressions 2 minutes ago
- › [For Sale] Fostex TH-900 -Warranty (Like New) 2 minutes ago
- › The NEW Cayin C5 portable power house. 2 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-ZX700 with Dynamat damping 3 minutes ago
- › Sony XBA-H1 and XBA-H3 Hybrid Dynamic and BA IEM 3 minutes ago
- › Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon &... 5 minutes ago
- › The Centrance HiFi M8 thread 5 minutes ago
- › FiiO E09K by MacroPower
- › FiiO Andes (E07K) Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier -... by wigglepuff
- › TTPOD T1-E High Definition Dual Dynamic Professional In-ear Earphone by twister6
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by bhazard
- › AKG K712 Pro by achelgeson
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Barra
- › PHILIPS-HEADPHONES SHQ1200/28 SHQ1200/28 SPORTS IN EAR HEADPHONES by dieTasse
- › Beats by Dr. Dre Tour In-Ear Headphones by juston
- › Sennheiser Momentum by MacroPower
- › Grado Labs SR225e by yage
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)