New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Rainbow Foil, Initial impressions  

post #1 of 466
Thread Starter 
My sample of Rainbow foil arrived this morning and I treated one shpongle disc with a 1mm strip and left the other Shpongle disc untreated..... both shpongle discs are the same album "are you shpongled"


UNTREATED DISC


DISC TREATED WITH 1mm OF RAINBOW FOIL

I was "highly" sceptical that a 1mm strip of foil could make the sound any better so really did go into this with a closed mind. I listened to the first track of the untreated disc and then listened to the first track of the Rainbow foil treated disc and you know what?................













CLOSEUP OF RAINBOW FOIL



















The Rainbow foil treated disc sounded a bit clearer and it was a lot easier to pick out the different instruments..... I was (am) stunned and am in the process of treating a few more CD's and will report back (in full) once I have made copies of a few of my favourite albums and audition them with and without Rainbow foil.





EDIT: I'm going to have to be absolutely certain that the Rainbow foil is producing this improvement and not my imagination so it will be a few days before I fully review it. All I can say at the moment is it sure appears to have made a pretty pronounced improvement to the Shpongle album..... I keep doing an A B listen and the treated disc clearly sounds a lot more defined and less muddy sounding than the untreated copy....... I didn't think a few days I'd be writing more than one sentence about the stuff (along the lines of it doesn't work) but I think there's more to this Rainbow foil than meets the eye and, as such, it deserves comprehensive listening tests.

I'm about to treat my Sennheiser HD600's with it (a 1mm strip attached to both HD600 labels) to see what effect that has and I am also going to open the CD player up and attach a strip of rainbow foil to the laser mechanism....... if all the other people who have ordered samples can do the same thing we can evaluate this stuff along the same testing procedure.

Pinkie >OK x26
post #2 of 466
Thread Starter 
Others who are awaiting their Rainbow foil samples may be interested in this article taken from a google groups thread:

"If you have never tried this before, get a photo of yourself, and
place a strip of Rainbow Foil on the front and back of your image.
You need a photo without other people in it, and I would suggest an A-
B-A test of listening first, applying the Foil, listening again,
removing the Foil, and listen for the third time.
You can then sign your 'name > o.k.' and 'x 26 'x on the rear. Listen
again. Then put the photo in a bag (PWB clear bag ideally) and write
the 'x 26 'x motif on the bag and put it in the freezer. You might
want to check on the PWB website for the details of this which were
produced when the Red 'x' pen was introduced a number of years ago.

The importance of this approach is that you treat yourself, wherever
you are, and if you ever go to concerts, listen to a car stereo or
visit friends, the photo benefit travels with you. I like it for this
very reason.

Peter has pointed out that all photos in the home have an effect on
the sound anyway, and so you get the benefit of this particualrly in
the home - it's a bit like the freezer which improves the sound
alone, but also becomes a device for treating other items.

When you have treated a photo it becomes a device too! Place the
photo against say a loudspeaker, and tap the photo with the red pen.
You can also dial your own telephone number, and placing the photo
against the receiver, get a pleasing result by tapping the photo.

As with everything else, the better a photo is treated the better the
result. So I will list what I have done and you can decide what you
wish to do:

The following Foil strips are applied to the front and back of the
photo:-
Rainbow
X
Black 26
Blue Z
Safehole
Communication
Comfort
Quantum
Frosted
2cm and 3cm Film

If you have a Clip, the Grey Clip Film can also be added.

I then spray the photo with Morphic Liquid, and when dry, cover the
Foils in a film of Electret Cream, and tap the Foils with the Jar.

Finally sign and add 'x 26 'x to the rear of the photo and apply the
Clip.

I then place mine in a specific PWB Photo Folder - a bit like the one
introduced recently for Rooms; I think the people and car versions
are getting out of date now, and so I will use this posting to beg
Peter for an update (and surely the CD disc is getting long in the
tooth too...).

The Photo then can go in the freezer. If you don't have a PWB Photo
Wallet I think the bag with 'x 26 'x on it will help alot anyway.

The photo, as stated above becomes a device for tapping, and your
very presence elsewhere will enhance things for others.

And finally, treat the photos of everyone in the home, and take
photos of your car if you have one, and your locked front door. The
same treatment to these really helps. Peter has expressed the
importance of boundaries, but felt the car was experienced as akin to
a family member. I'm not so sure I concur with this, but do feel that
one has a relationship with the car that is powerful,
whether 'feeling' its perimeter when parking, or thrashing it Basil
Fawlty style! Someone should comment somewhere on whether the car was
designed anthropomorphically (two headlight eyes and grill-mouth).

As usual, the above advice is for people to experiment, and too few
of us do these things to know how generisable they are.

As stated re: freezing, May has developed cheap trial packs of
Message Foils to try, and such a pack would treat freezer, Photo and
much more.

This process though I think is most freaky of all of Peter's ideas
because it resonates with the image manipulations of magic and
voodoo. But then are the ideas of magic but the crude formulations
and methods of individuals aware of action at a distance? Who knows!

Good Luck, and I'd be interested to hear your results.

Richard Graham"
post #3 of 466
Where do I get free samples of this stuff?
post #4 of 466
Never mind, I just found the X coordinate pen thread.
post #5 of 466
I hope people don't really believe this...

If any difference at all is made, it is likely psychosomatic. Do a double blind test and I'm sure your subjects will notice no difference.
post #6 of 466
You're late. April Fools was two weeks ago.
post #7 of 466
Thread Starter 
erm......... I'm afraid to announce that this is no April fool joke and I'll put my credibility on the line............ this stuff works, try a free sample you've got nothing to lose.

Pinkie.

Free sample of P.W.B. Silver Rainbow Foil
If you would like a free sample of P.W.B. Silver Rainbow Foil
Please send your full postal address to:-

foil@belt.demon.co.uk

sourced from: http://www.belt.demon.co.uk/
post #8 of 466
You got to be kidding me right? How can a strip of cheap multi-colored foil put on the LABEL side of a compact disc improve the sound quality? I would believe it if it tried another different approach on the DATA side of the disc but this??
post #9 of 466
Blind test? The point of the foil is seeing it. Does it push your mind towards hearing things differently? Could very well do that. In fact, it's supposed to do that.

If your mind and senses are susceptible to it, then it works for you. The mind is very powerful.
post #10 of 466
Thread Starter 
As I say........... "free sample" use your ears.
post #11 of 466
Quote:
Originally posted by oneeyedhobbit
I hope people don't really believe this...

If any difference at all is made, it is likely psychosomatic. Do a double blind test and I'm sure your subjects will notice no difference.
its the placebo effect. i for one is quite skeptical about it. i ordered a free sample. its free stuff... cant hurt. if it doesnt work, i can just stick on random stuff and make them look shiny. lol.

before we all start bashing PinkFloyd, look at this way, if i was ill and a doctor gave me a sugar pill and the placebo effect kicked in and i felt like a million bucks the next morning... sugar pill or not, it did the job. if PinkFloyd is happy with his rainbow foil then lets not rain on his parade.

Quote:
Originally posted by Welly Wu
You got to be kidding me right? How can a strip of cheap multi-colored foil put on the LABEL side of a compact disc improve the sound quality? I would believe it if it tried another different approach on the DATA side of the disc but this??
last time i checked, the "label" side is what holds the "data". try taking a cd and scratch the "bottom / non label" side with a knife or a sharp object then try scratching the "label" side. ull notice that the "label" side will peel off taking the "data" side with it causing the cd to become a see-thru peice of plastic. the "non label" side will just get all scratched up but it wont rip off the thin film of "data" thats on the cd.


ive read a while back (i think it was in headfi) about specific cds to use to burn audio. supposively the black cds were the best since the dark color absorbed most of the laser light when reading. theres a slight chance that this strip does the same thing... one problem tho... it doesnt cover the entire cd so i dont see what a shiny rainbow strip could possibly do. you could see that normal cds dont absorb most of the light just by holding up a normal "light green" tinted cd up to the light and u can see right thru it.
post #12 of 466
Quote:
Originally posted by PinkFloyd
Others who are awaiting their Rainbow foil samples may be interested in this article taken from a google groups thread:

"If you have never tried this before, get a photo of yourself, and
place a strip of Rainbow Foil on the front and back of your image.
You need a photo without other people in it, and I would suggest an A-
B-A test of listening first, applying the Foil, listening again,
removing the Foil, and listen for the third time.
You can then sign your 'name > o.k.' and 'x 26 'x on the rear. Listen
again. Then put the photo in a bag (PWB clear bag ideally) and write
the 'x 26 'x motif on the bag and put it in the freezer. You might
want to check on the PWB website for the details of this which were
produced when the Red 'x' pen was introduced a number of years ago.

The importance of this approach is that you treat yourself, wherever
you are, and if you ever go to concerts, listen to a car stereo or
visit friends, the photo benefit travels with you. I like it for this
very reason.

Peter has pointed out that all photos in the home have an effect on
the sound anyway, and so you get the benefit of this particualrly in
the home - it's a bit like the freezer which improves the sound
alone, but also becomes a device for treating other items.

When you have treated a photo it becomes a device too! Place the
photo against say a loudspeaker, and tap the photo with the red pen.
You can also dial your own telephone number, and placing the photo
against the receiver, get a pleasing result by tapping the photo.

As with everything else, the better a photo is treated the better the
result. So I will list what I have done and you can decide what you
wish to do:

The following Foil strips are applied to the front and back of the
photo:-
Rainbow
X
Black 26
Blue Z
Safehole
Communication
Comfort
Quantum
Frosted
2cm and 3cm Film

If you have a Clip, the Grey Clip Film can also be added.

I then spray the photo with Morphic Liquid, and when dry, cover the
Foils in a film of Electret Cream, and tap the Foils with the Jar.

Finally sign and add 'x 26 'x to the rear of the photo and apply the
Clip.

I then place mine in a specific PWB Photo Folder - a bit like the one
introduced recently for Rooms; I think the people and car versions
are getting out of date now, and so I will use this posting to beg
Peter for an update (and surely the CD disc is getting long in the
tooth too...).

The Photo then can go in the freezer. If you don't have a PWB Photo
Wallet I think the bag with 'x 26 'x on it will help alot anyway.

The photo, as stated above becomes a device for tapping, and your
very presence elsewhere will enhance things for others.

And finally, treat the photos of everyone in the home, and take
photos of your car if you have one, and your locked front door. The
same treatment to these really helps. Peter has expressed the
importance of boundaries, but felt the car was experienced as akin to
a family member. I'm not so sure I concur with this, but do feel that
one has a relationship with the car that is powerful,
whether 'feeling' its perimeter when parking, or thrashing it Basil
Fawlty style! Someone should comment somewhere on whether the car was
designed anthropomorphically (two headlight eyes and grill-mouth).

As usual, the above advice is for people to experiment, and too few
of us do these things to know how generisable they are.

As stated re: freezing, May has developed cheap trial packs of
Message Foils to try, and such a pack would treat freezer, Photo and
much more.

This process though I think is most freaky of all of Peter's ideas
because it resonates with the image manipulations of magic and
voodoo. But then are the ideas of magic but the crude formulations
and methods of individuals aware of action at a distance? Who knows!

Good Luck, and I'd be interested to hear your results.

Richard Graham"

This is absolutely ridiculuous, how are people believing it?!?! Its the biggest load of bunk I've ever read...so, if I treat a picture of myself and stick it in a freezer my hearing will miraculously improve? That is grade A bull sh1t my friends, as are all of these products. There is no evidence in any field of science about harmful energy fields that affect sound reproduction. This sounds more like wacky religion to me. A foil sticker cannot improve sound quality, there is no logic behind that at all. All it is is shiny foil, buy your own shiny foil stickers, toss them on a CD, and nothing will happen. Its snake-oil at its finest!
post #13 of 466
It's called placebo EFFECT. It works, that's all there is to it. If someone's cancer gets better after a sugar pill, it's still better. Did the pill do anything? Well yes, actually, it most likely affected his mental health in a positive manner which probably contributed to his body fighting off the cancer.

If you don't want to try the free sample, don't try it. You know, all those people who got better after taking a sugar pill...still got better, after all.

I think you most likely could devise your own foil strip that would do the same job. Would help if it looked as nice though, and not just "tossed on a cd." The big scam is probably selling the foil for so much money. At least they offer a free sample.
post #14 of 466
I'm perfectly versed in what the PLACEBO effect is, it hence my refernce to what so many are calling a sound improvement being psychosomatic. But, to by a piece of foil to achieve the placebo effect is stupid. If you know it is the placebo effect, save your money--that is the point I've been trying to make.
post #15 of 466
The effect only works if you actively do something to stimulate it. The effect also has a fairly high probability of working, as has been shown in countless studies, medical and not. To do nothing = 0% chance. People play the lottery and gamble on far less chances than the placebo effect.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
This thread is locked