- 65 Posts. Joined 5/2013
- Location: Canada
- Select All Posts By This User
- productSennheiser HD 598tagged by System, 7/20/13
Related Forum Threads
- HD 598 for vocals Last post on 5/21/15 at 5:23pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Sennheiser HD650 Sub Bass Last post on 5/13/15 at 8:09am in Headphones (full-size)
- Something as comfy as Sennheiser's but with more bass? Last post on 3/4/15 at 8:38am in Headphones (full-size)
- Minimum amp requirement for AKG K702? Last post on 2/13/15 at 5:36am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best listening experience: iPod + AMP or new DAP? Last post on 2/12/15 at 9:57am in Portable Source Gear
Fiio X3 2nd generation preview Disclaimer: before jumping into the device itself, I have to talk a little bit about myself. I am still an amateur on the subject of sound quality, but I’ll...
They re absoultely amazing I srsly reccomend you buy them listening to songs with them are like hearing the artists in real life its honestly amazing!
As my wife will tell you, at just about every major audio show I attend I buy something (shocker right?). There’s something cool about looking at my pieces of gear and thinking about the show...
So i bought the DT 880 250 Ohm Pro model. I also have KEf m200 in ears, a pair of AKG k450. I owned Audio Technica m30, Sennheiser Momentum on ear and Beyerdynamic dt 770 80 Ohm. The difference is...
Introduction Over the past year, Audiofly released their "Performance" range of IEMs, designed by musicians as stage monitors. A while back I had a chance to sample the top of the range AF180 and...
Entry level dac for sennheiser hd 598?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I got a pair of sennheiser hd 598 for a grad/birthday gift combined. What is an entry dac I can buy that matches the hd 598 sound signature? I am looking to buy an amp as well. I live in Canada otherwise I would order a modi/magni combo. I am looking to spend $200 on the two of them.
Might help to know what source(s) the DAC (or DAC/amp) are going to be plugged into?
An Asus Xonar DG internal sound card is only around $30 and is fairly decent at driving 50-Ohm Sennheiser HD5XX series headphones (I own the HD558s).
The Fiio E10 is an external USB/DAC/Amp ($65 USA), but I do not believe it offers audio quality any better then the Xonar DG.
Sound Blaster Z internal sound card , ($80 USA), better DAC and head amp, then the Xonar DG (and guessing better then the E10).
Fiio E17, external USB, optical, coaxial, DAC, head amp, ($110-$140 USA).
Can use the E17 with lots of different source(s) for driving the HD598s
Audioengine D1 external USB/optical, DAC, head amp. ($175 USA)
Runs off AC and can connect to USB and S/PDIF optical ports
I'm assuming your into FPS gaming (3 graphics cards).
If you want to be able to use the motherboard's on-board audio for Headphone Surround Sound, you would need to use a S/PDIF (optical or coaxial) connection between the motherboard and external DAC.
(USB will bypass on-board audio).
Off hand my brain is too tired to think anymore, back in 8 hours.
I plan on going PC>USB Port>DAC>Amp>headphones>my ears>audial nerve>synapses in my brain to recognize sound
Sorry I've had a few lol.
DAC Destroyer USB DAC, might be able to get one off eBay for around $55, ships from Canada.
Ebay seller hotaudio40
PAV2V (Personal Amp. 2 Version 2) headphone amplifier, sells on eBay,
bids only, might get it for around $65
Ebay seller grans-ar
If the laptop comes with a S/PDIF (optical & coaxial) output (to connect to the E17), then you get to use full audio features
May I ask why you aren't interested in a combo? I listen to a wide range of music and find the Aune T1 hybrid dac/amp to be an excellent choice for driving the 598s little brother 558 (same driver). The Aune is a small package in your price range (tube rolling can boost the cost but it sounds good with the standard tube). If you are set on discrete dac and amp the Schiit Magni and Modi are $99 each and may be worth reading up on.
- Entry level dac for sennheiser hd 598?
- › Focal SPIRIT PROFESSIONAL Impressions thread 6 seconds ago
- › Android phones and USB DACs 9 seconds ago
- › Are Soul by Ludacris any good? 20 seconds ago
- › For 6AS7G tube rollers here ..... 21 seconds ago
- › "The Lab" 42 seconds ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 56 seconds ago
- › Budget amp for HD 598 and DT 880 Pro 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Three Word Story 5 minutes ago
- › Oppo HA-1 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by m1ku
- › Monster PowerBeats Sport Headphones by HeadPhones ON
- › ALO Audio - The New Rx by mscott58
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by bodopopa
- › Audiofly AF120 In-Ear Headphones by Woodhouse
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by hakushondaimao
- › Ray Samuels P-51 Mustang by Zennheiser
- › FiiO E17 by Zennheiser
- › Sennheiser RS 130 Wireless Surround Sound Headphones by Tail
- › T-Peos Baguette Dynamic Earphones by twister6
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2