- 65 Posts. Joined 5/2013
- Location: Canada
- Select All Posts By This User
- productSennheiser HD 598tagged by System, 7/20/13
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser HD558 or HD598 Last post on 7/11/16 at 4:52pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- HD 598 for vocals Last post on 5/21/15 at 5:23pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Sennheiser HD650 Sub Bass Last post on 11/26/15 at 8:40am in Headphones (full-size)
- Something as comfy as Sennheiser's but with more bass? Last post on 12/30/15 at 1:10am in Headphones (full-size)
- Minimum amp requirement for AKG K702? Last post on 2/13/15 at 5:36am in Headphones (full-size)
When i first got the Cayin iHA-6 and iDAC-6 combo and paired it with my HD800S, i wasn't too thrilled. Compared to my previous HDVD800, there was more detail present from the dac, but it came with...
For larger views of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION I can remember when I first joined Head-Fi, I started with some pretty cheap gear, and I...
At the time this review was written, the TFZ Series 3 was listed for sale on Penon Audio’s website. Here is a link to their listing of the...
Background: I own Sennheiser HD600 and Fiio X3II. I love HD600 because it is comfortable and also works well for my classical music and vocal music. But it doesn't play well with any pop music...
PETEREK cables Balanced cable for Sony EX series. Standard custom for Sony EX series Standard 2 pin cable for LEAR,ASG,SHURE ETC. Standard MMCX...
Entry level dac for sennheiser hd 598?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I got a pair of sennheiser hd 598 for a grad/birthday gift combined. What is an entry dac I can buy that matches the hd 598 sound signature? I am looking to buy an amp as well. I live in Canada otherwise I would order a modi/magni combo. I am looking to spend $200 on the two of them.
Might help to know what source(s) the DAC (or DAC/amp) are going to be plugged into?
An Asus Xonar DG internal sound card is only around $30 and is fairly decent at driving 50-Ohm Sennheiser HD5XX series headphones (I own the HD558s).
The Fiio E10 is an external USB/DAC/Amp ($65 USA), but I do not believe it offers audio quality any better then the Xonar DG.
Sound Blaster Z internal sound card , ($80 USA), better DAC and head amp, then the Xonar DG (and guessing better then the E10).
Fiio E17, external USB, optical, coaxial, DAC, head amp, ($110-$140 USA).
Can use the E17 with lots of different source(s) for driving the HD598s
Audioengine D1 external USB/optical, DAC, head amp. ($175 USA)
Runs off AC and can connect to USB and S/PDIF optical ports
I'm assuming your into FPS gaming (3 graphics cards).
If you want to be able to use the motherboard's on-board audio for Headphone Surround Sound, you would need to use a S/PDIF (optical or coaxial) connection between the motherboard and external DAC.
(USB will bypass on-board audio).
Off hand my brain is too tired to think anymore, back in 8 hours.
I plan on going PC>USB Port>DAC>Amp>headphones>my ears>audial nerve>synapses in my brain to recognize sound
Sorry I've had a few lol.
DAC Destroyer USB DAC, might be able to get one off eBay for around $55, ships from Canada.
Ebay seller hotaudio40
PAV2V (Personal Amp. 2 Version 2) headphone amplifier, sells on eBay,
bids only, might get it for around $65
Ebay seller grans-ar
If the laptop comes with a S/PDIF (optical & coaxial) output (to connect to the E17), then you get to use full audio features
May I ask why you aren't interested in a combo? I listen to a wide range of music and find the Aune T1 hybrid dac/amp to be an excellent choice for driving the 598s little brother 558 (same driver). The Aune is a small package in your price range (tube rolling can boost the cost but it sounds good with the standard tube). If you are set on discrete dac and amp the Schiit Magni and Modi are $99 each and may be worth reading up on.
- Entry level dac for sennheiser hd 598?
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 55 seconds ago
- › Sony MDR-1000X 1 minute ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 2 minutes ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 5 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 6 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 6 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 8 minutes ago
- › Grado e Series 10 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 13 minutes ago
- › K5, FiiO's new docking desktop amp. How do you like it? Update... 14 minutes ago
- › Philips SHP9500 by MaximumEnnui
- › Cayin iDAC-6 by EvenR
- › Sennheiser HD 800 S by Brooko
- › The Fragrant Zither (TFZ) Series 3 Hifi Earphones by Hisoundfi
- › Bowers & Wilkins P3 by foobar2015
- › "PETEREK (Verbessen)" by Hawaiibadboy
- › FiiO AM2 - Medium Power Amplifier Module for X7 by howdy
- › DiDiT DAC212 by Runningwater
- › Soundaware Esther by FUYU
- › Edifier R1700BT Bluetooth Bookshelf Speakers - Active Near-field... by ryanjsoo
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...