Can i use Lg optimus g pro as my main source ??? portable source i mean with flac files??? or should i need to add and amp??? im going to use CIEM and V-moda m100 with Fiio e17 or JDSlabs C5???
Related Forum Threads
- DT 990 pro help Last post on 3/8/15 at 12:13am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for an upgrade to AKG Anniversary headphones....less than 350 preferably Last post on 10/6/14 at 2:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") Last post on Yesterday at 6:32 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Non-Fiio DAC/AMP for Note 3 Last post on 2/19/14 at 12:01am in Portable Source Gear
- Fiio E10 Vs E17 For V Moda M100 Last post on 2/1/14 at 12:19pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 6/30/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 6/26/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)Last edited: 6/26/15
The Soundmagic E80 was purchased by me from Penon Audio. I’m not in any way affiliated with Penon Audio or Soundmagic. The price was $69 when I bought them and this is where I ordered them...
(note: pictures included are not mine, I grabbed them from the net to make the article easier to read) I've had these for well over a year and used them at least 5 days-a-week during that...
Many thanks to Brooko for arranging this tour unit Pros: External Playlists: Pretty much my number one priority after sound, this took some fiddling to get working from my Mac/iTunes but I...
At the time of the review, the Venture Electronics Zen was on sale on the company’s Aliexpress store. Here is a link to their listing of the...
Lumia 640 LTE I never owned a portable device (apart from a Sony Walkman in the 80's) because I never felt the use of it. Just out of curiosity, not expecting much, I plugged my Sony MDR-Z7 in my...
LG Optimus G Pro as a source or with amp???
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 610/3/13 at 8:42ampost #3 of 610/3/13 at 8:55am
I have one and the sound quality is pretty good, it's just lacking a little bit volume-wise....I have to turn the volume higher with it than say one of my DAPs. I haven't actually tried pairing it with an amp or a DAC....it powers my portable headphones well enough, and I don't have the right cable to attach my ELE DAC to it.post #4 of 610/4/13 at 3:51pmI went ahead and picked up the lg optimus pro g. I know the gs2 is not a good comparison (gs2 my previous phone) but i feel the lg is a much better source. Ive only tried it amped with my fiio. That amp gives a little boost. But unamped the lg still sounded great.post #5 of 610/4/13 at 9:36pmQuote:
The screen is gorgeous, and the quad-core CPU and 2GB of RAM mean you never lack processing power. And if you keep the screen off, the battery lasts a long time. It's a pretty sweet phone, if i do say so myself.post #6 of 610/14/13 at 12:36amQuote:Originally Posted by Achmedisdead
I have one and the sound quality is pretty good, it's just lacking a little bit volume-wise....I have to turn the volume higher with it than say one of my DAPs. I haven't actually tried pairing it with an amp or a DAC....it powers my portable headphones well enough, and I don't have the right cable to attach my ELE DAC to it.
I tried an Optimus G Pro at a showroom yesterday and i liked a lot the headphone out sound quality. Hence i'd just need to assess the output power issue since i've read on a few sites that volume levels might be lacking.
Could you compare it with other sources of yours to get a rough idea?
- LG Optimus G Pro as a source or with amp???
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
- › Integrating a Subwoofer into existing system 7 seconds ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 26 seconds ago
- › Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › Cheap DAC recommendation 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 3 minutes ago
- › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › DX50 Bug List, Wish List Fix 4 minutes ago
- › Orthodynamic Roundup 4 minutes ago
- › Lyr 2 as a pre-amp for HE-400's and Genelecs? 4 minutes ago
- › Reviews + impressions thread: Final Audio Design Pandora Hope VI... 7 minutes ago
- › Soundmagic E80 in-ear monitor headphone by peter123
- › Sennheiser HD8 DJ On Ear Headphones by LAmitchell
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by ade_hall
- › VE Zen by Hisoundfi
- › Lumia 640 LTE RM-1072 Black - Factory Unlocked - International... by Mink
- › MEElectronics M6 PRO Universal-Fit Noise-Isolating Musician’s... by whitemass
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by eke2k6
- › Beats Solo HD On-Ear Headphone by Skylarke
- › Heaven VII by peter123
- › Noble Audio BTS by HiFiChris
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3