Can i use Lg optimus g pro as my main source ??? portable source i mean with flac files??? or should i need to add and amp??? im going to use CIEM and V-moda m100 with Fiio e17 or JDSlabs C5???
Related Forum Threads
- Is there a difference between the Fiio e07k and e17 when pluged into a E09k? Last post on 9/29/13 at 10:06pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Apple devices, moderate impedance (80ohm) headphones, a striving audiophile, and a boy. Last post on 9/25/13 at 6:52pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- New User, I've been browsing all evening and I'm still lost on my next purchase. Last post on 9/24/13 at 7:50pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Best $100 amp? Last post on 9/18/13 at 7:34pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Just ordered...... Last post on 9/26/13 at 2:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: Today
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
DISCLAIMER This review is based on the demo set at Jaben Singapore, which I have demoed extensively no less than 3 times. Though fit is pretty good, but as perfect fit is not achieved, I shall...
Sound Quality Straight out of the box, it sounded great, pretty much like the original CAL!. I’ve done over 100 hours of burn-in. DAC is FiiO E10. As I mentioned in one of the posts, it reminded...
The smallest, toughest, yet great sounding player you can buy. Though that really depends on your luck, but it can be found for as low as 20 euros on eBay, other classifieds, or your local...
My audio chain is MP3@320 or FLAC > HiFimeDIY USB Isolator > HiFimeDIY Sabre U2 > Fiio 6" cable > Objective2 w/ 16v 400mA adapter > M-Audio Q40. There isn't much I have to add to other...
My audio chain is MP3@320 or FLAC > HiFimeDIY USB Isolator > HiFimeDIY Sabre U2 > Fiio 6" cable > Objective2 w/ 16v 400mA adapter > SR950. The SR950s are fairly detailed headphones possessing a...
LG Optimus G Pro as a source or with amp???
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 610/3/13 at 8:42ampost #3 of 610/3/13 at 8:55am
I have one and the sound quality is pretty good, it's just lacking a little bit volume-wise....I have to turn the volume higher with it than say one of my DAPs. I haven't actually tried pairing it with an amp or a DAC....it powers my portable headphones well enough, and I don't have the right cable to attach my ELE DAC to it.post #4 of 610/4/13 at 3:51pmI went ahead and picked up the lg optimus pro g. I know the gs2 is not a good comparison (gs2 my previous phone) but i feel the lg is a much better source. Ive only tried it amped with my fiio. That amp gives a little boost. But unamped the lg still sounded great.post #5 of 610/4/13 at 9:36pmQuote:
The screen is gorgeous, and the quad-core CPU and 2GB of RAM mean you never lack processing power. And if you keep the screen off, the battery lasts a long time. It's a pretty sweet phone, if i do say so myself.post #6 of 610/14/13 at 12:36amQuote:Originally Posted by Achmedisdead
I have one and the sound quality is pretty good, it's just lacking a little bit volume-wise....I have to turn the volume higher with it than say one of my DAPs. I haven't actually tried pairing it with an amp or a DAC....it powers my portable headphones well enough, and I don't have the right cable to attach my ELE DAC to it.
I tried an Optimus G Pro at a showroom yesterday and i liked a lot the headphone out sound quality. Hence i'd just need to assess the output power issue since i've read on a few sites that volume levels might be lacking.
Could you compare it with other sources of yours to get a rough idea?
- LG Optimus G Pro as a source or with amp???
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Question: LCD 2.2<<HE 500<< LCD 3? 5 seconds ago
- › Formula 1-fi (Read the First Post!) 1 minute ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 1 minute ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 1 minute ago
- › Bicycle-Fi! 3 minutes ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser's Own Balanced Cables for HD 600/650, HD 700, and HD 800... 5 minutes ago
- › Grado Bushmills X - Grado's first closed-back headphone? 5 minutes ago
- › Analog Paper^2 Discussion and Appreciation Thread. 5 minutes ago
- › The Official JRPG Thread (aka Japanese Role Playing Games) 6 minutes ago
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by Joe-Siow
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by kingpage
- › Sony NWZ-A818 8GB by stuartfang
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by adevriesc
- › Samson SR950 by adevriesc
- › Yamaha HPH-200 Headphone (Black) by adevriesc
- › Skullcandy INK'D Earbuds (Green) by Bassbanger101
- › Q-Audio French Silk Cable by WNBC
- › Superlux HD-681 EVO Black Professional Monitor Headphones by boombox589
- › Audio-gd Master 9 Preamp & Headphone amp by staalf
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi