Can i use Lg optimus g pro as my main source ??? portable source i mean with flac files??? or should i need to add and amp??? im going to use CIEM and V-moda m100 with Fiio e17 or JDSlabs C5???
Related Forum Threads
- Non-Fiio DAC/AMP for Note 3 Last post on 2/19/14 at 12:01am in Portable Source Gear
- Fiio E10 Vs E17 For V Moda M100 Last post on 2/1/14 at 12:19pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Got new headphone, V-Moda M100. How to properly power it? Last post on 12/21/13 at 1:50am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Is there a difference between the Fiio e07k and e17 when pluged into a E09k? Last post on 9/29/13 at 10:06pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Apple devices, moderate impedance (80ohm) headphones, a striving audiophile, and a boy. Last post on 9/25/13 at 6:52pm in Portable Headphone Amps
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
Thanks to slwiser, Spidermeng and Woody469 for some of the pictures used in this video.
LG Optimus G Pro as a source or with amp???
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 610/3/13 at 8:42ampost #3 of 610/3/13 at 8:55am
I have one and the sound quality is pretty good, it's just lacking a little bit volume-wise....I have to turn the volume higher with it than say one of my DAPs. I haven't actually tried pairing it with an amp or a DAC....it powers my portable headphones well enough, and I don't have the right cable to attach my ELE DAC to it.post #4 of 610/4/13 at 3:51pmI went ahead and picked up the lg optimus pro g. I know the gs2 is not a good comparison (gs2 my previous phone) but i feel the lg is a much better source. Ive only tried it amped with my fiio. That amp gives a little boost. But unamped the lg still sounded great.post #5 of 610/4/13 at 9:36pmQuote:
The screen is gorgeous, and the quad-core CPU and 2GB of RAM mean you never lack processing power. And if you keep the screen off, the battery lasts a long time. It's a pretty sweet phone, if i do say so myself.post #6 of 610/14/13 at 12:36amQuote:Originally Posted by Achmedisdead
I have one and the sound quality is pretty good, it's just lacking a little bit volume-wise....I have to turn the volume higher with it than say one of my DAPs. I haven't actually tried pairing it with an amp or a DAC....it powers my portable headphones well enough, and I don't have the right cable to attach my ELE DAC to it.
I tried an Optimus G Pro at a showroom yesterday and i liked a lot the headphone out sound quality. Hence i'd just need to assess the output power issue since i've read on a few sites that volume levels might be lacking.
Could you compare it with other sources of yours to get a rough idea?
- LG Optimus G Pro as a source or with amp???
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Which Headphone is next on your "To Buy" list? 48 seconds ago
- › Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones 57 seconds ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 4/17/2014: AKG... 1 minute ago
- › Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II 1 minute ago
- › Furman Elite-15 PF power conditioner 1 minute ago
- › my T5p+cash for your TH900 or W3000ANV 1 minute ago
- › Need DAC Advice 2 minutes ago
- › The Centrance HiFi M8 thread 2 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › [SOLD] Tralucent ORIGINAL 1Plus2 (Version 1) with 5N OCC SPC Custom... 3 minutes ago
- › Astell & Kern AK240 by Currawong
- › Shure SE215 Special Edition by TherryK13
- › V-MODA XS by Tom22
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by xflight297
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by Bonny
- › HifiMan Electronics HM-700 DAC with RE-400b Balanced In-Ear... by lin0003
- › Astrotec AX35 by tomscy2000
- › Denon AH-D600 by derbigpr
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by Morph91
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by JamesSitter
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob