Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Dedicated Source Components › REVIEW - Yulong Audio Sabre DA8 Reference DAC
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

REVIEW - Yulong Audio Sabre DA8 Reference DAC - Page 62

post #916 of 1511
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcullinan View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew_WOT View Post
  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

We should start the registry of amps used with Yulong DA8. Me first. :smile:

Headamp GS-1 (Dynalo+ modules, same as in new GSX-2), perfect form/factor match as well.

 

 

Wow..  nice photo ;) I just have my stuff stacked on top of each other... I need some kind of rack but I don't think my room is big enough... ;(
btw.. you like the sharp filter better in your setup?

 

They are sitting side by side now in the office setup. Yes, I am pretty much on Sharp filter exclusively these days, except may be when using overly aggressive in treble phones (TH600, T1).

I found Dell heavy duty monitor stand working great for stacking equipment on the desk w/o taking a lot of space, using it with AURALiC. One day I'll probably find something prettier, so far no luck.

P/N 4354D

post #917 of 1511
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew_WOT View Post

They are sitting side by side now in the office setup. Yes, I am pretty much on Sharp filter exclusively these days, except may be when using overly aggressive in treble phones (TH600, T1).
I found Dell heavy duty monitor stand working great for stacking equipment on the desk w/o taking a lot of space, using it with AURALiC. One day I'll probably find something prettier, so far no luck.
P/N 4354D

Thats pretty nice. Ill check it out. What about balanced cables for in between tbe amp and DA8 anyone find anything good thats not crazy expensive, but doesnt have to be super cheap either. Can be pretty short they are right on top of each other right now wink.gif
post #918 of 1511
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew_WOT View Post
 

We should start the registry of amps used with Yulong DA8. Me first. :smile:

Headamp GS-1 (Dynalo+ modules, same as in new GSX-2), perfect form/factor match as well.

 

DA8 with Violectric V200 and LCD2.2 (and soon the HD800!) with Squeezebox as source 

 

post #919 of 1511
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcullinan View Post
 
 
 
Thats pretty nice. Ill check it out. What about balanced cables for in between tbe amp and DA8 anyone find anything good thats not crazy expensive, but doesnt have to be super cheap either. Can be pretty short they are right on top of each other right now wink.gif

Blue Jeans, the best quality for the price.

post #920 of 1511

Yulong A28 is officially launched in China yesterday, retailing at RMB3280 which is slightly less than half the price of DA8 in China:

 

http://www.erji.net/read.php?tid=1591807

 

No impressions from the local audiophile community yet, but people who ordered yesterday will be receiving their units in the next days.

post #921 of 1511
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwtim01 View Post
 

Yulong A28 is officially launched in China yesterday, retailing at RMB3280 which is slightly less than half the price of DA8 in China:

 

http://www.erji.net/read.php?tid=1591807

 

No impressions from the local audiophile community yet, but people who ordered yesterday will be receiving their units in the next days.

*

post #922 of 1511

hello,

 

just wanted to ask if the Yulong DA8 would be somewhat good upgrade for my Audiolab M-DAC?

Would the difference be audible. I'm interested in the Yulong since i saw the first pics

 

I hope someone can help me out?

thanks

 

 

 

Edit: also if somebody knows a yulong reseller for europe, please let me know.

post #923 of 1511
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwtim01 View Post
Yulong A28 is officially launched in China yesterday

http://www.head-fi.org/t/699772/yulong-a28#post_10155026


Edited by Esprit - 1/12/14 at 4:24am
post #924 of 1511
Quote:
Originally Posted by amigastar View Post
 

 

Edit: also if somebody knows a yulong reseller for europe, please let me know.

http://www.audiophonics.fr/yulong-audio-sabre-da8-dsd-dac-32bit384khz-class-silver-p-7903.html?osCsid=22c3eb0a23b4b9285d4c0cd1b38f4cb2

post #925 of 1511
Quote:
Originally Posted by amigastar View Post
 

hello,

 

just wanted to ask if the Yulong DA8 would be somewhat good upgrade for my Audiolab M-DAC?

Would the difference be audible. I'm interested in the Yulong since i saw the first pics

 

I hope someone can help me out?

thanks

 

 

 

Edit: also if somebody knows a yulong reseller for europe, please let me know.

 

http://www.pc-hifi-shop.com/

post #926 of 1511

Alright, thanks for the links guys.

post #927 of 1511
Quote:
Originally Posted by amigastar View Post
Edit: also if somebody knows a yulong reseller for europe, please let me know.

Yulong has an european distributor: https://www.pc-hifi-shop.com
I know a french online store: http://www.audiophonics.fr

and the italian: http://www.palmtop.it (the lowest price I've found)

post #928 of 1511

Mine arrived today: balanced and RCA output are inverted in the rear (as in the Mytek). :confused_face: 

 

I'm using now the DA8 with Audivana Plus: in the software display every PCM from 44.1 to 384 is always 32 bit: it's correct?


Edited by Esprit - 1/13/14 at 6:34am
post #929 of 1511

so In the end you finally decided to go for it! Good boy.:wink_face:

 

Yes always 32 bit is displayed.

post #930 of 1511
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esprit View Post
 

Mine arrived today: balanced and RCA output are inverted in the rear (as in the Mytek). :confused_face: 

 

I'm using now the DA8 with Audivana Plus: in the software display every PCM from 44.1 to 384 is always 32 bit: it's correct?

That's weird, sure your channels are not remapped in software?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Dedicated Source Components
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Dedicated Source Components › REVIEW - Yulong Audio Sabre DA8 Reference DAC