Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Dedicated Source Components › REVIEW - Yulong Audio Sabre DA8 Reference DAC
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

REVIEW - Yulong Audio Sabre DA8 Reference DAC - Page 26

post #376 of 1511
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarKen23 View Post


Well obviously it wouldnt be better than a dedicated amplifier. And given Luxman P1-u and HD800's wonderful synergy, the DA8 would be an excellent addition.

You can even pair the setup with the v200 and get a killer sounding system.

Or even better, wait for the upcoming A28 amp (fully balanced!) to be released, which is designed to be paired with the DA8  :)

 

 


Edited by Viper2005 - 10/10/13 at 3:17am
post #377 of 1511
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper2005 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarKen23 View Post

Well obviously it wouldnt be better than a dedicated amplifier. And given Luxman P1-u and HD800's wonderful synergy, the DA8 would be an excellent addition.


You can even pair the setup with the v200 and get a killer sounding system.
Or even better, wait for the upcoming A28 amp (fully balanced!) to be released, which is designed to be paired with the DA8:





Why must you torture my wallet..Damn, that amp is sexy! And its actually being built to match the D8, not the DA8, you can pair it with the DA8 but its being made as the D8/A28 stack. If im not mistaken, the A28 is a limited production.

Heres the D8. ERRMYYGAWWD
Edited by DarKen23 - 10/10/13 at 3:06am
post #378 of 1511
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarKen23 View Post


Why must you torture my wallet..Damn, that amp is sexy! And its actually being built to match the D8, not the DA8, you can pair it with the DA8 but its being made as the D8/A28 stack. If im not mistaken, the A28 is a limited production.

Heres the D8. ERRMYYGAWWD

 

You're thinking of the A8 amp  ;)  

The A28 is a different beast.

post #379 of 1511
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper2005 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarKen23 View Post

Why must you torture my wallet..Damn, that amp is sexy! And its actually being built to match the D8, not the DA8, you can pair it with the DA8 but its being made as the D8/A28 stack. If im not mistaken, the A28 is a limited production.


Heres the D8. ERRMYYGAWWD

You're thinking of the A8 amp  wink.gif  
The A28 is a different beast.
Oh..Dont you dare post a picture tongue.gif
post #380 of 1511
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarKen23 View Post


Oh..Dont you dare post a picture tongue.gif

You mean these?  :)

 

 

post #381 of 1511

Wow. What are the specs for the A28 and the A8?

post #382 of 1511
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper2005 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarKen23 View Post

Oh..Dont you dare post a picture tongue.gif
You mean these?  smily_headphones1.gif





post #383 of 1511

Going to a separate headamp, what kind of quality gain can you get. I have Senn 598, they are pretty easy to drive. Maybe the next step would be better headphones.. vs an amp


Edited by mcullinan - 10/10/13 at 6:31am
post #384 of 1511
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper2005 View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarKen23 View Post

Oh..Dont you dare post a picture tongue.gif
You mean these?  smily_headphones1.gif




Wow, The quality of parts and power look awesome. Is that a XLR pre-out i see in the rear-middle of the amp that isn't hooked up? That is something I would like to see so users can hook up some active monitors to this baby. I would also like to see an aluminum divider between the toroids and boards too since this is a TOTL offering.

Edited by brunk - 10/10/13 at 6:41am
post #385 of 1511

Is anyone selling an A18 amplifier? :(

post #386 of 1511
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngGeezeh View Post

Is anyone selling an A18 amplifier? frown.gif
Maybe... I can then get the A28 or A8

Here we go again...
Edited by DarKen23 - 10/10/13 at 10:28am
post #387 of 1511

Off topic but seems like Yulong is also preparing a D200 for release with 32/384 and DSD support through an XMOS input and the ESS9016 as the DAC chip. I wonder how much sleep he gets.

 

http://erji.net/read.php?tid=1519645

post #388 of 1511
* He needs to slow down.
post #389 of 1511

Where does the D200 stand in the lineup?

post #390 of 1511
any streamer in Yulong pipe ? ;-)
just to compete the Lumin at lower price.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Dedicated Source Components
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Dedicated Source Components › REVIEW - Yulong Audio Sabre DA8 Reference DAC