Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Dedicated Source Components › REVIEW - Yulong Audio Sabre DA8 Reference DAC
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

REVIEW - Yulong Audio Sabre DA8 Reference DAC - Page 69

post #1021 of 1520
Quote:
Originally Posted by teiki arii View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by kundo View Post

The preamp seems good, conveniently loud listening volume at -24 dB setting, full volume in windows. (Connected directly to my Threshold SA/3 power amp) Yes I am running windows on my mac mini. No OS X installed at all.
Hi,
I have plugged the Yulong DA8 into my Threshold SA/6e but never had any "noise floor", sorry.frown.gif  
Dead quiet here as well. A lot of times I can't tell if it's on of off.
post #1022 of 1520

Noise floor? :confused:

There should be none, any chance you are just experiencing infamous ground loop, it's quite common on PC to audio equipment electrical connections?

post #1023 of 1520

Jitter eliminator switch: y/n? :rolleyes:

post #1024 of 1520
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esprit View Post
 

Jitter eliminator switch: y/n? :rolleyes:

should this matter? i get no noise with it on or off

post #1025 of 1520

I apologize: it wasn't a question regarding the noise floor :(

post #1026 of 1520
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esprit View Post
 

I apologize: it wasn't a question regarding the noise floor :(

oh haha i see. i leave mine off as i use usb which should have less jitter than spdif. i haven't encountered any problems though over toslink from my ps3 (though admittedly i haven't used my ps3 much since the arrival of the da8), with jitter elimination off. over usb i hear no difference with it on/off

post #1027 of 1520

Tnx ;)

I think I've found my nirvana: I'm using Audirvana Plus WITHOUT the direct and integer mode
That's the sound I was looking with the Yulong, now my Adam(s) disappear in the room and I have only the music flowing...

 

I'm also using this script: http://www.computeraudiodesign.com/osx-audio-optimization/

P.S. Heed all warnings...


Edited by Esprit - 2/3/14 at 3:47am
post #1028 of 1520
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarKen23 View Post


Dead quiet here as well. A lot of times I can't tell if it's on of off.

No noise AT ALL with the proper cable (Straight Wire Encore II). Thanks for your replies, sorry for the false alarm :-)

post #1029 of 1520

I have just changed the Filter mode to "Soft". "Sharp" seems to be a little bit harsh on my system, but it may be changed after the burn-in period. What settings are you using? A dumb question, what phase is? What is it for?

post #1030 of 1520
Quote:
Originally Posted by kundo View Post
 

I have just changed the Filter mode to "Soft". "Sharp" seems to be a little bit harsh on my system, but it may be changed after the burn-in period. What settings are you using? A dumb question, what phase is? What is it for?

I use sharp, + phase, jitter elimination off. phase inversion you should leave + unless you have old records that you know are recorded with inverted phase

post #1031 of 1520
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esprit View Post
 

Tnx ;)

I think I've found my nirvana: I'm using Audirvana Plus WITHOUT the direct and integer mode
That's the sound I was looking with the Yulong, now my Adam(s) disappear in the room and I have only the music flowing...

 

I'm also using this script: http://www.computeraudiodesign.com/osx-audio-optimization/

P.S. Heed all warnings...

Which Adams do you own? The a7x?

post #1032 of 1520
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarKen23 View Post
Which Adams do you own? The a7x?

S3X-V 

post #1033 of 1520
Quote:
Originally Posted by kundo View Post
 

I have just changed the Filter mode to "Soft". "Sharp" seems to be a little bit harsh on my system, but it may be changed after the burn-in period. What settings are you using? A dumb question, what phase is? What is it for?

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jd007 View Post
 

I use sharp, + phase, jitter elimination off. phase inversion you should leave + unless you have old records that you know are recorded with inverted phase

 

Switched back Filter mode to "Sharp", seems better. Harshness gone. Clear and detailed sound, but a little bit dry, no lush sometimes, not really involving and warm. Maybe I have to replace my speakers. I have Infinity Kappa 80s.

post #1034 of 1520
Quote:
Originally Posted by kundo View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by kundo View Post

 
I have just changed the Filter mode to "Soft". "Sharp" seems to be a little bit harsh on my system, but it may be changed after the burn-in period. What settings are you using? A dumb question, what phase is? What is it for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jd007 View Post

 
I use sharp, + phase, jitter elimination off. phase inversion you should leave + unless you have old records that you know are recorded with inverted phase

Switched back Filter mode to "Sharp", seems better. Harshness gone. Clear and detailed sound, but a little bit dry, no lush sometimes, not really involving and warm. Maybe I have to replace my speakers. I have Infinity Kappa 80s.
I like the slow filter more for both headphones as well as speakers.

I recently got a pair of Genelec monitors and absolutely love em using the DA8, the sound is jaw-dropping. My HE-6 has been collecting dust since the Genelecs came frown.gif
post #1035 of 1520
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esprit View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarKen23 View Post
Which Adams do you own? The a7x?

S3X-V 

Nice freakin monitors. Totally jealous..

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Dedicated Source Components
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Dedicated Source Components › REVIEW - Yulong Audio Sabre DA8 Reference DAC