They are 300 ohm headphones.
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by System, 7/18/13
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for COMFORTABLE Audiophile grade headphones Last post on 4/15/14 at 4:30pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Bought new headphones (Sennheiser hd 600), ears got damaged instantly (Tinnitus). Last post on 4/13/14 at 9:53pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Trying out Headphones Last post on 4/11/14 at 3:17am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Need recommendation Last post on 4/7/14 at 6:54pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Fidelio X1 vs. HD600 Early Comparisons Last post on 4/5/14 at 1:05pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
The Sennheiser Momentum On Ear is bursting with goodness. Nice looks, sound, and great value to go with it. Now, Let's go straight into it! These look so phenomenal, with all that alcantara...
The Sennheiser PX 360 headphones look good, and are very comfortable, at least to me, but the earcups fit just nicely over my ears. Any smaller and I would not be able to fit these over my ears....
Bass response doesn't bleed to the vocals or any other frequency whatsoever, thin lightweight cable with no microphonics and small plug to connect to portable devices. Some people called...
I don't consider them nice or even fun but everytime I'm working out I feel like I made a great investment. Going out with my Westone 4R or my customs make me feel paranoid to some extend. The...
I noticed so much praise around here that my expectations were quite high and I gotta say: I was not disappointed at all. There's little new we can say about such a famous/infamous IEM. I bought a...
HD 600's, will an Onkyo TX-SR608 drive them "adequately?"post #1 of 57/18/13 at 12:54pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 57/18/13 at 2:28pmpost #3 of 57/18/13 at 3:00pmThread Starterpost #4 of 57/18/13 at 3:18pmIt will depend on what sort of integrated headphone amp is in the receiver. But, try it and see. If the HD600 is underdriven, it won't have much impact or dynamics, and it will be a lot softer at the frequency extremes than in the mids. Driven well, it should be pretty impactful, and while not particularly bassy, it should still have good punch and be fairly linear in terms of frequency response.post #5 of 57/20/13 at 5:00pm
Hell, a Sansa Clip+ is capable of driving the HD600 well. It's a common misconception that the HD600 is difficult to power. It's just fairly transparent, and since better amps often have higher output powers, people started thinking it was hard to drive.
Receivers usually have a high output impedance, but since they in fact are 300 ohm headphones, you won't run into any problems there. It might not sound very good if it's a low end unit though.
- HD 600's, will an Onkyo TX-SR608 drive them "adequately?"
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › REVIEW: Ostry KC06 1 minute ago
- › The Video Game Music Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 2 minutes ago
- › NAD Viso HP50 : Another superb headphone from Paul Barton? 3 minutes ago
- › DIY Cable Gallery!! 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum On-Ear Impressions 4 minutes ago
- › My DIY electrostatic headphones 4 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 6 minutes ago
- › Oppo PM-1 Planar Magnetic Headphone Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Pics of Headphones... Rules: ONE PIC. NO WORDS! 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by TripBitShooter
- › Sennheiser PX 360 Collapsible Wired Headphone with Clear Natural... by TripBitShooter
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by squallkiercosa
- › Shure SE215 by squallkiercosa
- › Ultimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie... by squallkiercosa
- › Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones by LaPierre
- › Noble Audio FR by HideousPride
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by AManAnd88Keys
- › JBL J33 Premium In-Ear Headphones - Black by QyababAM
- › Sennheiser HD 580 by achelgeson
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob