Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › need advice for an good on-ear headphone
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

need advice for an good on-ear headphone

post #1 of 15
Thread Starter 
Looking for a good balanced onear headphone, with neutral to warm tone, no harsh or bright sound, good details price is not a big problem as long as it has a good value, I tried noontec zoro hd and ue 4000, they have good sounds, noontec is better imo, 4000 is a little bit v-shape I think, but their ear pads are not rotatable, which creates too much pressure on my back ear bone, so I would like a rotatable onear, I am looking at the akg k67 any advice?



I wear glasses, so no overears, sad



thank you guys for your help
post #2 of 15

The Audio-Technica ATH-ESW9, from my brief research, is known to have a warm tone and will not sound harsh or bright unless you have terrible quality recordings. They also rotate too! I can't comment on the AKG K67, as I haven't heard them.

 

Amazon Link: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0030O0Q2U/ref=s9_simh_gw_p23_d0_i1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=1C6GTMYKV5RE1G76RS2Z&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1389517282&pf_rd_i=507846

post #3 of 15
Thread Starter 
But they are overear right?
post #4 of 15

No, they are on ear.

post #5 of 15

V-moda M80, The CAL! are over ear but small and might work.

post #6 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by BestEarCN View Post

Looking for a good balanced onear headphone, with neutral to warm tone, no harsh or bright sound, good details price is not a big problem as long as it has a good value, I tried noontec zoro hd and ue 4000, they have good sounds, noontec is better imo, 4000 is a little bit v-shape I think, but their ear pads are not rotatable, which creates too much pressure on my back ear bone, so I would like a rotatable onear, I am looking at the akg k67 any advice?



I wear glasses, so no overears, sad



thank you guys for your help

If price is not a big problem, the absolute industry standard for what you ask is the Sennheiser HD-25 II.  On ear, very neutral with perhaps a tad shaded to bass (yet with sparkling highs), excellent isolation, and a left-channel can that rotate above and away from the ear.


Edited by tomb - 7/18/13 at 7:17pm
post #7 of 15
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomb View Post

If price is not a big problem, the absolute industry standard for what you ask is the Sennheiser HD-25 II.  On ear, very neutral with perhaps a tad shaded to bass (yet with sparkling highs), excellent isolation, and a left-channel can that rotate above and away from the ear.

but according to joker, they are pretty bright

post #8 of 15
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinBieber View Post

No, they are on ear.

is es10 or es700 on ear too? i kinda dont like wooden build 

post #9 of 15
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaryFatKidGT View Post

V-moda M80, The CAL! are over ear but small and might work.

thx, will look into that

post #10 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by BestEarCN View Post

is es10 or es700 on ear too? i kinda dont like wooden build 


lol why not? They look fancy

 

HD25's, Amperiors, DT1350

post #11 of 15

I have an AKG K167 and I am really happy with it. I can not comment on 67 though. Just I know all Tiesto series are sort of fragile so they are definitely not made to carry around. They are better for home & Office use.

post #12 of 15
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by reeshahn View Post

I have an AKG K167 and I am really happy with it. I can not comment on 67 though. Just I know all Tiesto series are sort of fragile so they are definitely not made to carry around. They are better for home & Office use.

i heard about the fragile too, i am so scared that they will break in couple of weeks

post #13 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by BestEarCN View Post

but according to joker, they are pretty bright

Maybe you should read Tyll's reviews on the HD25, instead. He does not like bright headphones, IMHO.wink.gif  I prefer to think of HD25's as very punchy with rock solid bass, great midrange and some sparkle to keep things airy and interesting.

post #14 of 15
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomb View Post

Maybe you should read Tyll's reviews on the HD25, instead. He does not like bright headphones, IMHO.wink.gif  I prefer to think of HD25's as very punchy with rock solid bass, great midrange and some sparkle to keep things airy and interesting.

interesting, will look into it

post #15 of 15
Thread Starter 

After doing a lot of searching, I ended up getting a sony mdr-1r, which is an over-ear :) It is one of the most comfortable over-ear headphones I tried, with glasses. Clamping force is pretty small. The cushion is very soft too.  And I like its sound the most among those comfortables. Pretty balanced imo, bass is not overwhelming like those XBs and x05/10, mids highs pretty clear. thanks for you guys help

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › need advice for an good on-ear headphone