I am new to head-fi. :)
Prefer headphones over IEMs but an IEM (with mic) makes life livable when one cant use headphones, say during work hours? :P
I am looking at buying a new phone for use as an audio source primarily.
- Has to offer great (and as neutral as possible) audio quality via 3.5mm out, out-of-the-box
- Should have enough volume/driving power as is, without requiring an additional amp. A phone with another box banded to it is not too appealing at the moment. (Might consider getting one later or use an USB DAC maybe. By then, it might be time for a new phone maybe)
- Doesn't matter much if Android/WP8 but prefer Android.
- Price is not a big issue. If there's something available for less, superb. If there is something pricier for minimal gain, depends on other features. If there is something significantly better for more, worth considering it definitely is.
- Other notes: Want to avoid SAMOLED but Galaxy S3 might be one of main the contenders, so not stressing much on that.