I am currently useing a FiiO E17 amp with a pair of Sennheiser 598s and I absolutely love the sound I am getting. I am pretty inexperianced as an audiophile and my setup could probaby be tuned to produce even better sound in the hands of someone more experianced but I love what I have discovered so far. I aquired a Denon DRA397 reciever from a friend for free and I would like to know if you guys think it is worth hooking up to my PC. I have a couple questions about it too...
- Can I still use my FiiO E17 with the reciever and if I can is that even recommended?
- Would the sound be partially or noticably different than my current setup?
- Does the reciever act like an amp such as my FiiO does?
- How exactly do I go about hooking up the reciever if it is worth the hassle?
- Would I notice a differnce in my main speakers sound quality? (They are not connected to the
My computer does not have a sound card, just built in 7.1 audio or something of the sort, and the speakers I use are Razer Mako 2.1s.
Thank you so much for any answers, I have no idea how I would get through this alone!