Hello there everyone, I am looking for a pair of IEMs that I can use for when I am traveling on the plane or in the car that will give very crisp and positional sound. I am not an exceptional audiophile, but I am very very particular about my sound when it comes to music and video gaming. In the title I just listed 3 particular IEMs, the Shure SE 535 Reds, Sennheheiser IE 80s and Weston 4-Rs, that I have come across in my browsing in various threads in the forums that seem to have very high popularity, but I am sure that are many more high end IEMs out there.
I have been using my Sennheiser 595, 598, for quite some time now and love the sound quality and sound stage. However, I suffer from chronic migraines and the headset/phone, while they are all very comfortable can still be an annoyance if I get a migraine and I still want to listen to some soothing tunes. So out of all the high end IEMs I have been looking at, there is just so much information to take in, I have just can't seem to figure out which way to go. These would be the categories I would be primarily be interested in.
1. Sound Stage must be amazing (for positional awareness within gaming)
2. Comfort (must be able to use for extend periods of time 8-12 hours without ears getting soar)
3. Clarity and crispness not too high but very clear
4. Works well with virtual
5. Most optimal for Pop, 70s Rock, 90s Rock, Country, Classical (I Know this is a wide range, I listen to a lot, I would probably say, Pop and classical the most)
6. Not overwhelming bass, but still apparent
7. I currently use a Asus Xonar Essence STX on my desktop PC, just noting that
8. $700 or less
As for highs, mids, lows, as I said I am by no means I am not a audiophile, but I did list what I have been accustomed to listening to over the past few years and I believe they sound very good. So I would be looking for something definitely on par or not above that level of sound quality. Thank you for any input.