Hello everyone, first of all, thank you for the great list and detailed impressions of each headphone!
I'm in the market for a new full-size, sturdy, semi-balanced, closed portable, and only having demo'ed the H6, I was wondering what would best fit my tastes.
My main physical requirements are that the headphones be:
- Full-Sized. (Around Ear preferred for comfort)
- Portable. (Example: M50's are fine for me)
- Sturdy & Stylish. (Metal/High Quality Construction is welcome!)
When it comes to sound, I want two things:
- Neutral. I don't want heavily V-shaped or overly bright sound signatures. Bass is welcome but I don't want a recessed midrange. (A la M-100)
- Fun. That said, I still want the sound to be dynamic, and not perfectly neutral or deadly flat. The ATH-M50's sound alright to me, though I would like more detail and a bit more balance. (MAybe a bit more punch in the lower end?)
My spending limit is $400 after tax - so discount codes or promotions are welcome. I'd like to keep the price to around $300-$350 if possible.
I've been looking strongly at the AKG K845BT, and the NAD VISO HP50 (White) - I've also demo'ed the B&O H6, though it wasn't with my own music - and liked them more than I expected.
So I'm left with a question - which of the above would be best for me? Is there something else I should be looking at? Are the H6 REALLY worth the $450 in the first place?
Any help is welcome.