or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Comparisons: 33 of the Top Closed/Portable Headphones Around
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Comparisons: 33 of the Top Closed/Portable Headphones Around - Page 127

post #1891 of 4207
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakeride74 View Post

I picked up the P7 and burned them in overnight. Sounds about like what I remember in the best buy I demoed them in which is a solid, enjoyable sound. The issue I am having with them and may be a cause for a return is the vocals. They just sound too removed for my tastes.

I prefer a more front row vocal presentation so I'm not sure where to go next, maybe PSB? I'm going to mess with the eq a bit and see what I can do. Does anyone know if the Apple stores have the m500 on display?

The PSB's mids are certainly not pushed back as they can be on the P7s. But they are big headphones.

post #1892 of 4207
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacedonianHero View Post
 

Well, the Martin Logan Mikros 90s are now updated on the original post:

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/672743/comparisons-13-of-the-top-closed-portable-headphones-around#post_9622611

 

Great little headphones that offer outstanding value!

 

Next up...Monster DNA On-Ears. 

 

Thank MH! I guess they would move quite a ways up your list if you factored in "bang for buck".

 

Fwiw, I feel they have much better detail and resolution than the M500's, and I keep switching back to the 90's because of that. Oh oh.

post #1893 of 4207
Check out Sony 7520. Might be what you are looking for in terms of prez.
post #1894 of 4207
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes world View Post
 

 

Thank MH! I guess they would move quite a ways up your list if you factored in "bang for buck".

 

Fwiw, I feel they have much better detail and resolution than the M500's, and I keep switching back to the 90's because of that. Oh oh.

Bang for your buck, they are #1 on my list. If only they were more comfortable. 

post #1895 of 4207
Yeah, I thought that comfort would be a major issue with them for me. I'm not sure if it's because I bent them out a bit, or if I just got used to them, but I can wear them for hours no problem. Compared to the m500's though, and yeah, they are torture devices lol.
post #1896 of 4207

Just to go back a little, these B&O H6s are really superb. It's been a few weeks now but I'm prepared to call them the best closed portable I've had (ESW9; DT-250, DT-1350; Momentum; P5s). I wish there was someone local with the P7s I could borrow for a week or two to properly assess them.

post #1897 of 4207
Quote:
Originally Posted by redrich2000 View Post

Just to go back a little, these B&O H6s are really superb. It's been a few weeks now but I'm prepared to call them the best closed portable I've had (ESW9; DT-250, DT-1350; Momentum; P5s). I wish there was someone local with the P7s I could borrow for a week or two to properly assess them.

I though the P7 are more bassy in comparison? @.@ that's one of the reason I avoided them and the treble spikes claimed from many reviews frown.gif stiffed pads and clamping frown.gif but those are all from what I have read though
post #1898 of 4207
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillsonChang007 View Post


I though the P7 are more bassy in comparison? @.@ that's one of the reason I avoided them and the treble spikes claimed from many reviews frown.gif stiffed pads and clamping frown.gif but those are all from what I have read though

 

I guess it depends on how he/she reated the Momentum. To me the Momentum has more bass than the P7 and in all cases neither are bass heavy like many of the Beats sets etc.

 

I got a big head. I struggle to find helmets that fit etc., but I don't even think about any sort of clamping from the P7 and now after some weeks the pads are just perfect. Stiff enough to keep shape and seal while at the same time being comfortable. Could wear these for 10-12 hours a day without any discomfort at all.

 

Treble can sound a bit odd at times, but 98% of the time it is just perfect in my opinion. Probably the best feature of the headset (which makes me think it is more of a mixing/recording problem than a headset issue when you got "treble spikes").

post #1899 of 4207
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacedonianHero View Post
 

Bang for your buck, they are #1 on my list. If only they were more comfortable. 

 

I think the problem (again, I think) you had is that the pair you tried was not yours, so you could not bend the headband to your heart's content.   Many people have reported (myself included) comfort problems that went away when they stretched the headband.

post #1900 of 4207
I still encounter comfort problems. They're definitely not as comfortable as any over ear can.
post #1901 of 4207
Quote:
Originally Posted by Havre View Post

I guess it depends on how he/she reated the Momentum. To me the Momentum has more bass than the P7 and in all cases neither are bass heavy like many of the Beats sets etc.

I got a big head. I struggle to find helmets that fit etc., but I don't even think about any sort of clamping from the P7 and now after some weeks the pads are just perfect. Stiff enough to keep shape and seal while at the same time being comfortable. Could wear these for 10-12 hours a day without any discomfort at all.

Treble can sound a bit odd at times, but 98% of the time it is just perfect in my opinion. Probably the best feature of the headset (which makes me think it is more of a mixing/recording problem than a headset issue when you got "treble spikes").

Apologize! I was saying H6 vs P7 smily_headphones1.gif
post #1902 of 4207
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trunks159 View Post

I still encounter comfort problems. They're definitely not as comfortable as any over ear can.

 

True.

 

We will never see an over the ear Mikros...what a wonderful headphone that would be (if they kept the same signature, that is).

 

Still, stretching the headband greatly improved the comfort for me.  I don't think I could have used them (and enjoyed them) for more than a few minutes with the clamping force they had out of the box.

post #1903 of 4207
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvergun View Post
 

 

True.

 

We will never see an over the ear Mikros...what a wonderful headphone that would be (if they kept the same signature, that is).

 

 

ML would have made those if people had considered mikros to be worth 300$. People voted and the vote was for those to be awesome headphones for 70$. If ML were to release a fullsize can it would be priced somewhere around 800$...takes some allowances to hype for those.

post #1904 of 4207
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacedonianHero View Post

The PSB's mids are certainly not pushed back as they can be on the P7s. But they are big headphones.
And there's battle for balance. On one hand I want something with a reasonably small footprint for portability and while on public transportation. On the other hand I am more concerned with SQ and of equal importance, something I can crank without leaking sound in a very quite office.

Did you do any leakage tests with these?
post #1905 of 4207
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beocord View Post
 

ML would have made those if people had considered mikros to be worth 300$. People voted and the vote was for those to be awesome headphones for 70$. If ML were to release a fullsize can it would be priced somewhere around 800$...takes some allowances to hype for those.

 

What are you talking about...have you even heard the Mikros 90?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Comparisons: 33 of the Top Closed/Portable Headphones Around