or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Comparisons: 33 of the Top Closed/Portable Headphones Around
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Comparisons: 33 of the Top Closed/Portable Headphones Around - Page 94

post #1396 of 4207
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by gelocks View Post
 

 

Where?

It's not up yet....I want to finish all three and update it once all headphones are done. :o It will be on the first post on this thread.

post #1397 of 4207
Oh got it! Lol
It read as if it was already up... (or at least that's how I interpreted it)
post #1398 of 4207

Okay so I finally got to spend some time with the P7s today. Hmm..

 

Firstly, these are a HUGE step up from the P5s, should anyone be considering the latter over the former. I threw many different genres at the P7 and it sounded very musical with all of them (classical, techno, jazz, etc..). Honestly, I prefer the P3s over the P5s sound wise but the P7s are in a different category (I'd say largely due to the design). Unfortunately (no!), I agree with Tyll on the comfort as these are good but not great. I'm beginning to realise that the use or non-use of memory foam is a deal breaker in that department. Comfort ranking (of those that i've tried):

QC15>MDR-1R>Momentum>H6>P5/P7>ESW9>ES10>DT1350 

 

So at the moment it seems like the H6 is leading the race for me, as I preferred them overall to everything else so far. A real shame as I like everything about the P7s except the comfort (which isn't bad, but it's my main concern here; if the ES10s we more comfortable I would never sell them). Having said that I am yet to try the HF300, HP50 or the M500. The new HD 26 Pros look good too..

 

Hope everything is going well with the update Macedonian Hero :)


Edited by coolguyalex - 1/29/14 at 9:16pm
post #1399 of 4207
MH you've done an awesome job on this thread and we appreciate all the dollars you have spent. Bravo!
post #1400 of 4207
Quote:
Originally Posted by bixby View Post

MH you've done an awesome job on this thread and we appreciate all the dollars you have spent. Bravo!

 

Agreed! :smile:

post #1401 of 4207
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorspeaker View Post
 

havent been following this thread... has the MartinLogan Mikros90 been thrown into this arena? 

Any quick answers...is it up there with the best, or ...?

:confused_face_2:

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by MacedonianHero View Post
 

Nope...sorry. This has been an expensive venture...but if someone would like to send one to me, I'm game. 

 

I hope that you are able to try out the Mikros 90's some day. Based on the below, they are the cat's meow:

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/633514/martin-logan-mikros-90-on-ear-headphones/660#post_10220367

Quote:
Originally Posted by pataburd View Post
 

Hey guys!

Who can chime in on this one--maybe again?

From my experience/comparison, the Mikros 90 uniformly crushes the M500.  On the "sonic bang-for-the-buck" scale: MLs worth every penny at MSRP of $300.  KEFs worth maybe $99.  Paid $80 for my Mikros 90 and $250 for the M500.  Promptly sold the KEFs.

In all fairness, my outboard monitors are KEFs and my subwoofer is a Martin Logan.  :wink:

post #1402 of 4207
They are indeed. Very detailed, very accurate.
post #1403 of 4207
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bixby View Post

MH you've done an awesome job on this thread and we appreciate all the dollars you have spent. Bravo!

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
 

 

Agreed! :smile:

Thanks fellas....while this hasn't been cheap, it's been fun.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes world View Post
 

 

 

I hope that you are able to try out the Mikros 90's some day. Based on the below, they are the cat's meow:

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/633514/martin-logan-mikros-90-on-ear-headphones/660#post_10220367

 

 

I do plan to. For under $100 used, I'm wiling to give them a go. How are they at noise isolation? I sold the M500s for that very reason?

post #1404 of 4207
Much better than the M500 at isolation. Fantastic actually. Not UE6000 passive level though.
post #1405 of 4207
Sub
post #1406 of 4207
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trunks159 View Post

Much better than the M500 at isolation. Fantastic actually. Not UE6000 passive level though.

I found the UE9000's in passive good (say 3.5 / 5) at isolation. Thanks. That helps.

post #1407 of 4207
Let me go see real fast. I can tell you the ML sounds veeery good on the train and bus. Better isolation than average for sure.
post #1408 of 4207
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trunks159 View Post

Let me go see real fast. I can tell you the ML sounds veeery good on the train and bus. Better isolation than average for sure.

:popcorn:

post #1409 of 4207
OK. The Mikros basically blocks out other voices completely, while with the UE6000, you'll here the lower frequencies slightly easier. I might have to give it to the Mikros actually. Funny, I lose no bass while on public transportation with the 90 but loose a little with the UE6000.
post #1410 of 4207
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trunks159 View Post

OK. The Mikros basically blocks out other voices completely, while with the UE6000, you'll here the lower frequencies slightly easier. I might have to give it to the Mikros actually. Funny, I lose no bass while on public transportation with the 90 but loose a little with the UE6000.

Good to hear...then in that case, it is now on my radar. Thanks!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Comparisons: 33 of the Top Closed/Portable Headphones Around