- 2,296 Posts. Joined 4/2006
- Location: Ok-ish now, yet still cold place..... actually EVEN colder...
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productBeats Executive Over-Ear Headphones (Silver)tagged by joe, 8/20/13
- productBeats Studio by Dr. Dre - Hi-Def Noise-Canceling Over-Ear Headphonestagged by joe, 8/20/13
- productBeats Studio Over-Ear Headphone (Black) - NEWtagged by joe, 8/20/13
- productBeyerdynamic Tesla DT 1350tagged by System, 7/16/13
- productBose QuietComfort 15 Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphonestagged by joe, 8/20/13
- productKEF M500 Hi-Fi On-Ear Headphones, Aluminum/Blacktagged by joe, 8/20/13
- productMartinLogan Mikros 90 Reference On-Ear Headphonestagged by Fearless1, 7/3/14
- productPSB M4U 2 Noise Canceling headphonestagged by System, 7/16/13
- productSennheiser MOMENTUMtagged by joe, 8/20/13
- productSkullcandy Aviator Headphone Black, One Sizetagged by joe, 8/20/13More
- productSony MDR-1Rtagged by System, 7/16/13
- productUltimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphonestagged by joe, 8/20/13
Related Forum Threads
- best headphones under 400 Last post on 2/24/15 at 12:33pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser Momentum vs. Bowers & Wilkins P7 vs. Sony MDR-1R vs. Parrot Zik vs. Bose QC15 Last post on 2/17/14 at 1:59am in Headphones (full-size)
- $300 over-ear headphone recommendation Last post on 3/3/14 at 6:38pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Mid-Fi Headphone battle Last post on 2/26/14 at 9:48am in Headphones (full-size)
- K550 vs Hp100 vs MDR-1r? Anyone compared these? Last post on 9/28/13 at 10:41pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/6/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 7/31/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 8/6/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)Last edited: 7/2/15
INTRODUCTION The Encore RockMaster IE is a new crowd-funded IEM from SonicUnity, and new audio company formed by Rick Hopkins. Rick's a music industry veteran who's helped with concert design for...
I'll do my best to keep this review nice and short, and hit all the key points. Sections: -Overview about myself (to give background on music preferences, previously owned IEMs,...
Introduction Everyone here and their mothers have heard of the HD600/650. After over 10+ years, the HD600 series still remains a timeless classic, withstanding the test of time with is...
I first joined Head-Fi in November of 2014. At the time I owned a couple of pairs of IEM’s, and had just purchased my first DAP (Fiio X3) and over ear headphones (Sennheiser HD598). I really...
So these headphones only came-in for me three days ago. I got them used on Amazon for $240, and have listened to them about 10 hours a day (seriously) since I got them, for a total of over 30...
Comparisons: 26 of the Top Closed/Portable Headphones Around - Page 77post #1141 of 364112/11/13 at 2:52pmBy the way guys. That KEF M500 used for goldenears measurement is mine. Just to say, I like my pair and they are not that really veiled to my ears.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1142 of 364112/11/13 at 3:39pmQuote:Originally Posted by Trunks159
Quote:Originally Posted by Stil
But isn't this the hobby where people will spend multiple hundreds of extra dollars for less than 1-3% improvement in SQ?
That said, I did find the P7 having a better build than either the momentum and the M500. It's only 50$ more than the momentum, but seems a lot better built, plus it folds down smaller. That alone might be worth the extra money to some.
http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-505630-Momentum-Headphone-Brown/dp/B009QV15DU/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1386800258&sr=8-2&keywords=momentum - its $100 more.
Sure people do it, though it's not really smart. If your actually going to pay for quality, why not just get some open headphones?
That being said, I guess I should actually try them first. They better be a good improvement over the m500/ws99/Momentum! lol
Ahh looks like you can get it on Amazon for cheaper. I was going by retail store prices where they are list $349 :) I actually did listen to them and preferred the P7 over the Momentum and M500 listening from my source (Audioengine D1 from my laptop and directly out of an iPhone) , but since SQ is subjective, I was only using build quality and materials as a differentiator.post #1143 of 364112/11/13 at 4:16pmQuote:
Interesting, thanks. And no, they don't sound veiled to my ears at all either.post #1144 of 364112/11/13 at 4:29pm
No veil when I owned them either. I prefer a bit more forward mids but they were far from being veiled. My issues with the M500 boiled down to fit and slightly bright treble presentationpost #1145 of 364112/11/13 at 5:08pmpost #1146 of 364112/12/13 at 3:44ampost #1147 of 364112/12/13 at 5:22ampost #1148 of 364112/12/13 at 4:37pmpost #1149 of 364112/12/13 at 4:41pmpost #1150 of 364112/12/13 at 10:06pmpost #1151 of 364112/16/13 at 11:00amThread StarterWell...as it appears, my ears are finally coming back around to IEMs. I no longer seem to have a nagging pain after a listening session with them. So I picked up a pair of Bose QC20i (thanks to Tyll's review in part on innerfidelity.com). I think I'll add them to my comparison over the holidays. Gotta say the NC circuitry is scary good! So much better than anything I've heard before (including the QC15s). Sound quality is very clean. More to come...On another note, time to thin the herd down a bit and I've listed both my Sennheiser Momentums (Over Ear) and KEF M500s on the F/S fourm (see my sig for further details). Please let me know if you're interested.post #1152 of 364112/16/13 at 11:13amThe QC20 is now my go to IEM, they are so comfortable and quiet. The sound quality is about that of a $100 but for trains and the street that good enough for me.
My goto headphone these days is the AKG K545, the best portable headphone I have owned period.post #1153 of 364112/16/13 at 2:33pmpost #1154 of 364112/16/13 at 6:14pmThread StarterQuote:
I couldn't either...then I heard the QC20s. Wowza.post #1155 of 364112/16/13 at 11:54pmQuote:
The "MK2" version or original? I find the MK2 sound much better with deeper and tighter bass but the mids sound rather colored
- Comparisons: 26 of the Top Closed/Portable Headphones Around
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Headstage Arrow HE: Reviews, Impressions, Perceptions & Sensations 7 seconds ago
- › What audio combo is best for me? Headphone's + AMP + DAC ( For... 1 minute ago
- › The Best IEM's for Bass are...... (The IEM Bass club) 1 minute ago
- › Sony Xperia Z5 Range - Audio Quality 2 minutes ago
- › How to equalize your headphones: A Tutorial 2 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 2 minutes ago
- › OPPO HA-2 Portable Headphone Amplifier/DAC Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › TRINITY AUDIO ENGINEERING LAUNCH NEW CAMPAIGN FOR HIGH-END SPORTS... 4 minutes ago
- › Analog Squared Paper Discussion Thread. 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › Encore RockMaster IE by nmatheis
- › Noble 3 by WhatToChoose
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Headphone by dazzerfong
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by hakushondaimao
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by goodyfresh
- › Creative Sound Blaster Roar 2 Portable NFC Bluetooth Speaker with... by lin0003
- › Encore RockMaster OE by Armaegis
- › Final Audio Design Heaven VII by AndrewH13
- › Brainwavz Kidwavz KV100 Childrens Bluetooth Volume Limited Headphones by HiFiChris
- › Brainwavz Jive by Hisoundfi
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2