If you olny buy one in the list,which one? Why?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productBeats Executive Over-Ear Headphones (Silver)tagged by joe, 8/20/13
- productBeats Studio by Dr. Dre - Hi-Def Noise-Canceling Over-Ear Headphonestagged by joe, 8/20/13
- productBeats Studio Over-Ear Headphone (Black) - NEWtagged by joe, 8/20/13
- productBeyerdynamic Tesla DT 1350tagged by System, 7/16/13
- productBose QuietComfort 15 Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphonestagged by joe, 8/20/13
- productKEF M500 Hi-Fi On-Ear Headphones, Aluminum/Blacktagged by joe, 8/20/13
- productMartinLogan Mikros 90 Reference On-Ear Headphonestagged by Fearless1, 7/3/14
- productPSB M4U 2 Noise Canceling headphonestagged by System, 7/16/13
- productSennheiser MOMENTUMtagged by joe, 8/20/13
- productSkullcandy Aviator Headphone Black, One Sizetagged by joe, 8/20/13More
- productSony MDR-1Rtagged by System, 7/16/13
- productUltimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphonestagged by joe, 8/20/13
Related Forum Threads
- best headphones under 400 Last post on 2/24/15 at 12:33pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser Momentum vs. Bowers & Wilkins P7 vs. Sony MDR-1R vs. Parrot Zik vs. Bose QC15 Last post on 2/17/14 at 1:59am in Headphones (full-size)
- $300 over-ear headphone recommendation Last post on 3/3/14 at 6:38pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Mid-Fi Headphone battle Last post on 2/26/14 at 9:48am in Headphones (full-size)
- K550 vs Hp100 vs MDR-1r? Anyone compared these? Last post on 9/28/13 at 10:41pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)Last edited: 12/7/14
Specification Price: £385 Medical grade Silicone Full shell (can request different) Dual driver balanced armature 1.4m non removable cable. Kevlar reinforced clear cable. Ear impressions and...
Comparisons: 25 of the Top Closed/Portable Headphones Around - Page 162
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2417 of 33388/17/14 at 7:48pmThread Starterpost #2418 of 33388/17/14 at 7:51pm
The biggest question I would ask is the primary way you are going to use them, on the go or home? Also what do you plan to use as a source?post #2419 of 33388/17/14 at 7:58pmThread StarterQuote:
^^ Bingo!post #2420 of 33388/17/14 at 7:58pmQuote:Originally Posted by cb3723
FWIW, here's my impressions of the solo2 made on 2nd June:
Hope to read your impressions soon bro
I am even tempted to try the new sound of Beats. As you may have noticed I frequently tell the haters to stop mindlessly bashing Beats as from many experienced listener accounts, new Beats are actually pretty darn good. Not sure if build quality has also improved but I have always admired their styling. Don't care what the haters say, they look good. I have stopped people just to tell them their Beats look sick. I mean come on, some of those colour combinations are just nice.post #2421 of 33388/17/14 at 8:00pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by Sonic Defender
I am even tempted to try the new sound of Beats. As you may have noticed I frequently tell the haters to stop mindlessly bashing Beats as from many experienced listener accounts, new Beats are actually pretty darn good. Not sure if build quality has also improved but I have always admired their styling. Don't care what the haters say, they look good. I have stopped people just to tell them their Beats look sick. I mean come on, some of those colour combinations are just nice.
That's what I thought of the new Beats Studios and this year's Executives. The Executives from last year had a horribly loud hiss that is thankfully gone. They're not ground breaking, but moving in the right direction IMO.post #2422 of 33388/17/14 at 8:16pmQuote:
Good to hear that another experienced head-fier has an open mind. I have been in Beats bashing threads listening to people savage Beats and then when you ask them have you heard or even owned new Beats so often they admit they heard Beats from back in the day and never owned them, likely formed snap opinions after a few minutes listening (which I know can be enough time, but you know what I mean) to a buddies Beats. Anyway, for me, I try to keep an open mind and open ear that way I don't miss out on a sound signature I might like simply due to bias.
Edited by Sonic Defender - 8/17/14 at 8:18pmpost #2423 of 33388/17/14 at 9:37pmpost #2424 of 33388/18/14 at 6:44amQuote:
Seriously. Val should make the XL pads available to every model.post #2425 of 33388/18/14 at 4:31pmI stopped by Best Buy on the way home and picked up some Solo2's. Give me a couple of days and I will try to do a quick compare to the T51p's and the XS. I know the XS took a couple of days before I truly appreciated their sound. I will say I wanted the black but after seeing how fingerprint smeared they were in the store I decided against it. I went with the grey and I will tell you the shade of grey is not for me. If I decide to keep them I will swap for a different color, it is a light bluey grey.
Edited by subguy812 - 8/18/14 at 4:58pmpost #2426 of 33388/18/14 at 6:04pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by subguy812
I stopped by Best Buy on the way home and picked up some Solo2's. Give me a couple of days and I will try to do a quick compare to the T51p's and the XS. I know the XS took a couple of days before I truly appreciated their sound. I will say I wanted the black but after seeing how fingerprint smeared they were in the store I decided against it. I went with the grey and I will tell you the shade of grey is not for me. If I decide to keep them I will swap for a different color, it is a light bluey grey.
Please keep us posted on your thoughts of the Solo2's.post #2427 of 33388/18/14 at 6:41pmThread Starter
Then I'd assume you're looking for portability, noise isolation and sound quality. I'd recommend the following (in no particular order):
without Noise Cancelling:
w/ Noise Cancelling:
Sony MDR-10RNCpost #2428 of 33388/18/14 at 6:57pm
Will do! I forgot to mention I recently had and returned the Momentum On Ears as well I will throw a couple of thoughts on all 4. When I have time I can compare all aspects but SQ, because I want to be fair.
Packaging/Accessories - 1)XS - awesome cable,if ordered direct 2nd set of shields and extra audio only cable
Tie 2)Solo2/Momentum On Ear
3)T51p's - Bla
Build Quality - 1)XS - Build very sturdy, Kevlar protected cables, backed up with great warranty
3)Momentum On Ear
4)T51p's - For home use only for me
Comfort - 1)XS/T51p's - Both excellent for the long haul
3)Momentum On Ear - Same issue I had with Over Ear version, almost instant pain
Isolation - 1)T51p's - WOW they don't look like they would isolate but boy do they for an On Ear
3)Momentum On Ear
4)XS - Why? Val figure it out...the biggest criticism I have with these
Portabilty - 1)XS - A++++
3)Momentum On Ear
I would say that I am not too concerned about looks and it is a matter of opinion....my preference would be Momentum On Ear
Initial sound impressions after 2.5 hours...The best sounding Beats I have heard. Still bassy and I am hoping that the veil I am hearing may clear a little with my ears adjusting to the signature. I can't remember all of the hp's at the 2.5 hours listening point, but I do remember putting the T51p's on and thinking wow. The XS clearly improved with more listening.
Just some initial thoughts so I may contradict myself with more listening. I know folks wanted some thoughts. I have also had the HP50 and the sound was the best they were not so portable(to me) and while looks are not so important, these were just goofy looking.
Edited by subguy812 - 8/18/14 at 6:59pmpost #2429 of 33388/18/14 at 10:30pmpost #2430 of 33388/19/14 at 1:34amI had the DT1350 but don't remember much of the sound anymore. The Alu is definitely more comfortable and isn't fit dependable at all, atleast the position doesn't alter the sound.
The Sennheiser has the better bass extension and the basspunch is really amazing. Soundstage a bit bigger. The DT1350 might sound a bit more accurate but clinical, the Alu on the other hand sounds really fun due to the bass and overall balance. The bass is really amazain, you have to hear it yourself =)
I think detail is about the same I think, atleast I can say for sure that it's better than the original HD25.
OP should really consider testing the HD25Alu, would surely shoot to the top 5 atleast on your list.
But I admit, tastes can be different. Though it's hard to hate the Sennheiser =)
Edited by LeeSin - 8/19/14 at 1:42am
- Comparisons: 25 of the Top Closed/Portable Headphones Around
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Buying my first Headphones 25 seconds ago
- › Huge Comparison of [almost] all the best Bluetooth Headphones -... 1 minute ago
- › The Fiio X5 Thread 1 minute ago
- › Your 5 newest CDs (or LPs) 1 minute ago
- › NAD Viso HP50 : Another superb headphone from Paul Barton? 2 minutes ago
- › Weekly Headphone and Accessory Deals via Sonic Electronix 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Heir Audio Rendition 1 Amp (FINAL PRICE DROP) 4 minutes ago
- › DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . Lurker0 FW Mod... 5 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up (Update: April 25th, 2015) 5 minutes ago
- › Audio-gd NFB-28 by 1Infinity
- › FiiO X5 High-res Portable Music Player by Currawong
- › T-Peos Altone 350 Hybrid 3 driver IEM by svyr
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by earfonia
- › Topping NX1 Earphone Headphone Portable Stereo MP3 Amplifier by DJScope
- › Minerva Mi-Performer Pro Silicone Custom IEM by CantScareMe
- › Sony MH1 Livesound Hi-Fi Stereo In-Ear Headphones by sbcontt
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by originalsnuffy
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by matinsoroudi
- › JVC HAS160B FLATS Lightweight Headband Headphones (Black) by Mellowship
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2