Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Comparisons: 23 of the Top Closed/Portable Headphones Around
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Comparisons: 23 of the Top Closed/Portable Headphones Around - Page 41

post #601 of 2763
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacedonianHero View Post
 

Some measurements of the M500s:

 

http://en.goldenears.net/23944

 

Pretty darn good (and flat)...so I was hearing how it measures :p With regards to rankings, for SQ alone, I put the M500s at the top of my list. Now I'm just waiting for the P7s to be released here in North America and I'll see if I can buy a pair to add. 

Yet not as flat as the Momentum - which I still maintain has a better signature.

post #602 of 2763
Quote:
Originally Posted by GREQ View Post
 

Yet not as flat as the Momentum - which I still maintain has a better signature.

No budge at all I see :dt880smile:.

post #603 of 2763
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trunks159 View Post

No budge at all I see :dt880smile:.

If we all agreed on everything it'd get terribly boring around here, don't you think? :evil:

post #604 of 2763

Definitely!

post #605 of 2763
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacedonianHero View Post
 

Some measurements of the M500s:

 

http://en.goldenears.net/23944

 

Pretty darn good (and flat)...so I was hearing how it measures :p With regards to rankings, for SQ alone, I put the M500s at the top of my list. Now I'm just waiting for the P7s to be released here in North America and I'll see if I can buy a pair to add. 

Going through his "reviews" are like:

OK I can see that maybe..

Nah that can't be true..

WTF is this schiit!


Edited by Sweden - 10/16/13 at 2:30pm
post #606 of 2763
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweden View Post
 

Another WTF moment from goldenears.

Going through his "reviews" is like:

OK I can see that maybe

Nah that can't be true

WTF is this schiit

lol so true

post #607 of 2763
Hey MH. Just like to recommend the Sony MDR-7520. Just received them today and They are much smaller that I was expecting. So they can be considered portable and a great one and their price is now $330 (from $499). Very comfortable and light. Their sound signature is balanced with very good Extention on both end and great mid. Very impress so far. Extremely detail and easy to drive. Cheer.
post #608 of 2763
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinster View Post

Hey MH. Just like to recommend the Sony MDR-7520. Just received them today and They are much smaller that I was expecting. So they can be considered portable and a great one and their price is now $330 (from $499). Very comfortable and light. Their sound signature is balanced with very good Extention on both end and great mid. Very impress so far. Extremely detail and easy to drive. Cheer.

I'm not MH (obviously lol) but I do love me some Sony headphones.  They were always too expensive (somewhere around $400) but now I'll have to look into them a little more.

post #609 of 2763
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinster View Post

Hey MH. Just like to recommend the Sony MDR-7520. Just received them today and They are much smaller that I was expecting. So they can be considered portable and a great one and their price is now $330 (from $499). Very comfortable and light. Their sound signature is balanced with very good Extention on both end and great mid. Very impress so far. Extremely detail and easy to drive. Cheer.

 

Hey, thanks for the heads up. Right now, I'm trying to zero in on the P7 first...but I'll definitely try and check out the MDR-7520s. :smile:

post #610 of 2763
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trunks159 View Post
 

I'm not MH (obviously lol) but I do love me some Sony headphones.  They were always too expensive (somewhere around $400) but now I'll have to look into them a little more.

 

I strongly encourage you. $320 on Amazon & $327 from B&H. I'm just so impress with them. Very musical. I'm glad I bought them. I actually bought the Momentum on Ear first and after adding some EQ on the high's they sound very good too but they do not isolate much. I believed they have better bass texture to the Big Momentum (Based on my limited session with the Momentum).


Edited by Twinster - 10/16/13 at 6:22pm
post #611 of 2763

and... since you are talking about monitoring headphones (kind-of), the Yamaha HPH-MT220 are EXCELLENT as well. I actually want a 7520 just to compare against these Yammies! :p

post #612 of 2763

Anyone check out the NAD HP-50's?

post #613 of 2763
Quote:
Originally Posted by DairyProduce View Post
 

Anyone check out the NAD HP-50's?

 

Tyll seem to think very highly of those, putting them on par with the best portable over-ear he knows, the Momentum.

I feel a review coming.

post #614 of 2763
Quote:
Originally Posted by DairyProduce View Post
 

Anyone check out the NAD HP-50's?

I'm interested in them too, especially compared to M500s.

post #615 of 2763

See a review of the HP50 here: http://stereos.about.com/od/accessoriesheadphones/fl/NAD-Viso-HP-50-Headphone-Review.htm

 

Apparently a similar sound signature to the M4U1 (same designer, as PSB Speakers and NAD are owned by the same company), but with slightly less bass and slightly more treble. Overall fairly neutral though.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Comparisons: 23 of the Top Closed/Portable Headphones Around