yeah please do a review on CAL2. waiting eagerly to know the sound quality, build etc...
Recent Images In This Thread
- productBeats Executive Over-Ear Headphones (Silver)tagged by joe, 8/20/13
- productBeats Studio by Dr. Dre - Hi-Def Noise-Canceling Over-Ear Headphonestagged by joe, 8/20/13
- productBeats Studio Over-Ear Headphone (Black) - NEWtagged by joe, 8/20/13
- productBeyerdynamic Tesla DT 1350tagged by System, 7/16/13
- productBose QuietComfort 15 Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphonestagged by joe, 8/20/13
- productKEF M500 Hi-Fi On-Ear Headphones, Aluminum/Blacktagged by joe, 8/20/13
- productMartinLogan Mikros 90 Reference On-Ear Headphonestagged by Fearless1, 7/3/14
- productPSB M4U 2 Noise Canceling headphonestagged by System, 7/16/13
- productSennheiser Momentumtagged by joe, 8/20/13
- productSkullcandy Aviator Headphone Black, One Sizetagged by joe, 8/20/13More
- productSony MDR-1Rtagged by System, 7/16/13
- productUltimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphonestagged by joe, 8/20/13
Related Forum Threads
- best headphones under 400 Last post on 3/3/14 at 4:49pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser Momentum vs. Bowers & Wilkins P7 vs. Sony MDR-1R vs. Parrot Zik vs. Bose QC15 Last post on 2/17/14 at 1:59am in Headphones (full-size)
- $300 over-ear headphone recommendation Last post on 3/3/14 at 6:38pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Mid-Fi Headphone battle Last post on 2/26/14 at 9:48am in Headphones (full-size)
- K550 vs Hp100 vs MDR-1r? Anyone compared these? Last post on 9/28/13 at 10:41pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)Last edited: 7/3/14
Overall Impressions This is a amazingly looking device, it does not matter how you look at it, it is simply a pleasure to look at. That is the first impact that one have once you look at it,...
The Pendulumic Stance S1 is an excellent "bluetooth" headphone. I'm sure there are better sounding "wireless" headphones and at some level believe the category should be divided into wireless and...
First of all, I'd like to thank Cayin for opportunity to review C5. As usual, main review is in Russian, here I'll share mt impressions in brief. There is not so many good portable amps in sub...
Ah, yes. The SE215, quite possibly the most popular entry-level IEM on the market at the moment, and for good reason. These headphones are perfect for any budding audio enthusiast thanks to its...
Shure has definitely outdone themselves with this wonderful product. Never have I experienced more clarity in a pair of IEMs. For someone who listens to alternative rock, pop, and an assorted array...
Comparisons: 23 of the Top Closed/Portable Headphones Around - Page 24
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #347 of 26319/10/13 at 5:28pmThread StarterQuote:
We shall see...for now I'm kinda busy with a few other things. Most likely will be adding the B&W P5 that I'm getting on loan from a friend soon.post #348 of 26319/10/13 at 6:38pmQuote:Originally Posted by MacedonianHero
We shall see...for now I'm kinda busy with a few other things. Most likely will be adding the B&W P5 that I'm getting on loan from a friend soon.
Had it, sold it (actually to someone in Toronto) Great fashion average can.post #349 of 26319/10/13 at 6:54pmThread StarterQuote:
LoL, well it wasn't to me.
I heard it a few years back and know what to expect...but I'll try to keep an open mind on these ones.post #350 of 26319/10/13 at 8:02pm
Have the QC15. Really don't care about the sound quality at all, it's more about getting a peaceful sleep. Flights to Brazil are killer. Leaves at midnight and arrives at 10AM (straight to hotel, shower, then to work). NC works great, and leaving them on my head for most of the flight isn't an issue. They are quite comfortable.post #351 of 26319/10/13 at 9:01pmQuote:Originally Posted by MacedonianHero
Actually using speaker compensation isn't totally the right thing after talking with Tyll. Due to the speakers on headphones being right next to your ears and no crossfeed information (right ear can't hear the left driver and visa versa) headphones require their own methodology.
This isn't using the same compensation that speakers use (Do speakers even use a compensation?). It just emulates a flat loudspeaker in a headphone which is what artists record with.post #352 of 26319/10/13 at 9:14pmQuote:
Yes, everything needs a compensation for audio (at least to my knowledge). I
If you are taking measurements of a stereo (or multispeaker system) you need to at least compensate for crossover. An individual speaker doesn't need this of course. And in the case of speakers environmental compensation MUST be done. Naturally if you have a completely silent environment where there is no chance of reflection or reverberation, this is not necessary. But not everyone has a wide open field with nothing around or an anechoic chamber.
And headphones use similar compensation, albeit you are doing it for the ear chamber rather than the room.
(Naturally all of this is based on my limited knowledge. I am not an expert by any means. But I have learned enough physics to know that to get an accurate measure of sound, it isn't as simple as taking a calibrated mic and recording the output of the speaker)post #353 of 26319/11/13 at 4:12amOMG the stuff u guys discuss here amazes me!
U ppl know so much and stil u say ur no expert! All long i was thinking music is just a hobby. Buy or download songs n listen. After reading many forums on this website i came to know its not just music ! So much to consider when buying headfones! I thought ppl only considered price factor. Like i said already, i am addicted to this site. Its wonderful to know stuff actually.post #354 of 26319/11/13 at 4:28amQuote:Originally Posted by philonewbie
OMG the stuff u guys discuss here amazes me!
U ppl know so much and stil u say ur no expert! All long i was thinking music is just a hobby. Buy or download songs n listen. After reading many forums on this website i came to know its not just music ! So much to consider when buying headfones! I thought ppl only considered price factor. Like i said already, i am addicted to this site. Its wonderful to know stuff actually.
Cool, stick around! And sorry about your walletpost #355 of 26319/11/13 at 6:14pmThread StarterQuote:
Correct...one needs compensation for headphones to account for their differences to speakers.post #356 of 26319/13/13 at 11:14pmpost #357 of 26319/14/13 at 2:57amQuote:
It's a phrase around here, once you're into head-fi your wallet is just gonna get lighter and lighter as you purchase more and more ;)post #358 of 26319/14/13 at 3:53am
I listened at many of the headphones on this thread.. Momentum, PSU, MDR-1R, beats (already own), plus a bunch of others I posted about. I got some second hand A900's (not the X) for $100. Comfort and sound quality it beats all of these, and is very very close to the LCD2 when I compare them side by side with a good FLAC/optical/DAC/amp system. The A900 aren't at all portable, not even slightly, but I'd love to hear MacedonianHero's comparison.post #359 of 26319/14/13 at 4:05amQuote:
The best advice from me after spending so much time in Head-Fi for a year is, don't look at new headphones released when your wallet are not ready yet! You may read it once... Just ONCE! Or else, you shall be sorry to your wallet. It may get thinner... And thinner and soon! Butterflies may come out [like mine now ] and it's in recovering stage xD
Head-Fi is like most apps in the App Store. Free to download but anything additional are not included... XD
So GOOD LUCK!post #360 of 26319/14/13 at 5:16amThe more and more i read abt headphones, the more and more desire grows. I just realised how meaningful the phrase- sorry abt ur wallet is! Hahahaha. At the moment i ll just stick on to reading about headphones. Meanwhile i ll save to buy one of the best headphones.
- Comparisons: 23 of the Top Closed/Portable Headphones Around
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › FiiO X1, the new start of the high-res DAP with individual DAC and... 14 seconds ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page FW download & general... 31 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Can Con 4.75 - Sydney Australia meet! 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › Multi-IEM Review - 324 IEMs compared (Brainwavz R3 ver.2 added... 3 minutes ago
- › Sony announces the "Just ear" brand of custom IEMs 4 minutes ago
- › Pics of Headphones... Rules: ONE PIC. NO WORDS! 6 minutes ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.5.0 6 minutes ago
- › Maverick A1 – Hybrid Tube Amp & D2 – Tubemagic DAC + Extra... 6 minutes ago
- › Sony PHA-1 Headphone Amp by LeoTheAwesome
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1 Wireless Headphones by mpm2433
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by cleg
- › Shure SE215 by Dinerenblanc
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by Dinerenblanc
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Currawong
- › RHA T10i by Audiophile1811
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by earfonia
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)