Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Comparisons: 23 of the Top Closed/Portable Headphones Around
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Comparisons: 23 of the Top Closed/Portable Headphones Around - Page 3

post #31 of 2760

They don't look that bad. Not all that different from Beats style, which everyone (with poor audio taste) wears.

 

Now my Audeze LCD-2, that is one can that looks "stupid" on the noggin. The weight and bulk were bad enough, but when I glanced into the mirror, I threw them off in horror! eek.gif

 

Back on topic, I threw the Skullcandy Aviators into the comparison mix, and they hung in for a while, then a bit of honky coloration and grainy treble took them out of contention. But the bass was tighter than on the Momentum. Headphones is frustratin'.

post #32 of 2760

I'm seriously interested in the PSB M4U 2... I've heard so many great things about them. Though I have to say, in many ways I prefer the DT1350 to the Momentums. I've spent considerable time with both. I mean, technically the Momentums sound better, but something about the DT1350 grabs me better. I've not been able to really pin point it (not enough time with them, and not as much as I've had with the Momentum for sure), but I really love how they sound. 

post #33 of 2760
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacedonianHero View Post

Yeah, that's just plainly not how it is. Sorry.

Every other credible review i read on them had the exact same experience. If your new to headphones (like i kind of am) it's hard to notice some things and beats might sound good enough for you. Ask any other head fi-er that has listened to some high end headphones and the executives and they will agree.

Generally I try to back up companies like monster, skull candy, and bose, because they may not sound worth their full price, but they have other features that make them worth their price tags. Unfortunately I can't say the same for beats and doubt i ever will.
Edited by lukEM22 - 7/21/13 at 12:33am
post #34 of 2760
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukEM22 View Post


Every other credible review i read on them had the exact same experience. If your new to headphones (like i kind of am) it's hard to notice some things and beats might sound good enough for you. Ask any other head fi-er that has listened to some high end headphones and the executives and they will agree.

Generally I try to back up companies like monster, skull candy, and bose, because they may not sound worth their full price, but they have other features that make them worth their price tags. Unfortunately I can't say the same for beats and doubt i ever will.

LoL, maybe my SR-009s, LCD-3, HD800s and TH-900s don't qualify for you has "high end headphones" (please review my gear in my signature or my profile for the gear I've owned/sold over the years). I've been around the block many times. And ALL reviews I've seen agreed with my assessments. rolleyes.gif


Edited by MacedonianHero - 7/21/13 at 6:01am
post #35 of 2760
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacedonianHero View Post

LoL, maybe my SR-009s, LCD-3, HD800s and TH-900s don't qualify for you has "high end headphones" (please review my gear in my signature or my profile for the gear I've owned/sold over the years). I've been around the block many times. And ALL reviews I've seen agreed with my assessments. rolleyes.gif
The fact that you just private messaged me makes your opinion seem even more biased. I am yet to see an audiophile compliment these. In fact, i first heard about their existence on head fi. Everyone else that had heard them said they were a dissapointment, but I don't know where that thread is.

http://reviews.cnet.co.uk/headphones/beats-executive-review-50010364/

http://www.digitalversus.com/headphones/beats-by-dr-dre-executive-p14748/test.html

http://www.head-fi.org/t/632431/beats-executive-another-disappointment

I only picked a few certain reviews from sites i think are trustworthy. In your defense, what hifi said they have a sweet midrange and nice treble. However they also said they lacked dynamics.

On a side note- why am i arguing about this? How come nobody else that has heard them is backing me up?
post #36 of 2760
Thread Starter 
I messaged you to qualify MY com
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukEM22 View Post

The fact that you just private messaged me makes your opinion seem even more biased. I am yet to see an audiophile compliment these. In fact, i first heard about their existence on head fi. Everyone else that had heard them said they were a dissapointment, but I don't know where that thread is.

http://reviews.cnet.co.uk/headphones/beats-executive-review-50010364/

http://www.digitalversus.com/headphones/beats-by-dr-dre-executive-p14748/test.html

http://www.head-fi.org/t/632431/beats-executive-another-disappointment

I only picked a few certain reviews from sites i think are trustworthy. In your defense, what hifi said they have a sweet midrange and nice treble. However they also said they lacked dynamics.

On a side note- why am i arguing about this? How come nobody else that has heard them is backing me up?

I hate it when people try to INVALIDATE my comments. Might want to read back and refresh your memories. Then mentioned exactly what "high end gear" I've happened to own.

I'm not saying they are the be-all, but surprisingly good when compared to the Studios.

Have a read of the US Cnet review. No one really reads the UK one really anyway. And I've owned much better gear than any of those reviewers you've listed with far more first experiences. Before trying to invalidate someone's thread, a little respect there first.

So what are your experiences there? :P
Edited by MacedonianHero - 7/21/13 at 6:28pm
post #37 of 2760
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacedonianHero View Post

I messaged you to qualify MY com
I hate it when people try to INVALIDATE my comments. Might want to read back and refresh your memories. Then mentioned exactly what "high end gear" I've happened to own.

I'm not saying they are the be-all, but surprisingly good when compared to the Studios.

Have a read of the US Cnet review. No one really reads the UK one really anyway. And I've owned much better gear than any of those reviewers you've listed with far more first experiences. Before trying to invalidate someone's thread, a little respect there first.

So what are your experiences there? :P

You are seriously telling me i don't have respect, when you are (quite arrogantly) trying to tell me what something sounds like to me?

I'm not saying they don't sound nice to you, and its strange how defensive you are about it. If you like them that is fine, I am just telling you most people here dont hear them the same way as you describe them.
Would you by any chance be a member of the trade: beats?
Also the US CNET review is a video, and will not be "reading" it any time soon.

Edit; the fact that you say these sound better than dt1350s simply show you just have much different ears than most other people. I have never heard those but hear very highly of them.
Also nobody reading the uk cnet doesn't invalidate it..
Maybe this is just a very extreme case of YMMV.
Edited by lukEM22 - 7/21/13 at 6:44pm
post #38 of 2760
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukEM22 View Post

You are seriously telling me i don't have respect, when you are (quite arrogantly) trying to tell me what something sounds like to me?

I'm not saying they don't sound nice to you, and its strange how defensive you are about it. If you like them that is fine, I am just telling you most people here dont hear them the same way as you describe them.
Would you by any chance be a member of the trade: beats?
Also the US CNET review is a video, and will not be "reading" it any time soon.

Edit; the fact that you say these sound better than dt1350s simply show you just have much different ears than most other people. I have never heard those but hear very highly of them.
Also nobody reading the uk cnet doesn't invalidate it..
Maybe this is just a very extreme case of YMMV.

My comments stand and I referred u to the US Cnet review. As mentioned I been around the block many times and you have yet to mention what your experiences are?

And my poor dt1350 review had to do with the unacceptable documented variability by beyer.
Edited by MacedonianHero - 7/21/13 at 6:58pm
post #39 of 2760
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacedonianHero View Post


My comments stand and I referred u to the US Cnet review. As mentioned I been around the block many times and you have yet to mention what your experiences are?

I don't know why it matters what headphones i have listened to in my (under 1 year) head fi journey. ( I have heard headphones better than the executives, that is what matters) The headphones i specifically ab'd with the beats were koss pro dj100s. I liked the koss much better for sound but liked beats everything else

The nicest headphone i have heard is a Sennheiser Hd600 at my uncles house. Apparently it is not too much different than the Hp100, which i own and love. Listening to those 600s was actually part of the reason i joined here.

P.s. its nice you finally cooled down a little :/
Edited by lukEM22 - 7/21/13 at 7:03pm
post #40 of 2760
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukEM22 View Post

I don't know why it matters what headphones i have listened to in my (under 1 year) head fi journey. ( I have heard headphones better than the executives, that is what matters) The headphones i specifically ab'd with the beats were koss pro dj100s. I liked the koss much better for sound but liked beats everything else

The nicest headphone i have heard is a Sennheiser Hd600 at my uncles house. Apparently it is not too much different than the Hp100, which i own and love. Listening to those 600s was actually part of the reason i joined here.

Because it gives others a baseline for comments. wink.gif
post #41 of 2760

MacedonianHero is an awesome guy and a great headfier, a valuable part of this community. 

post #42 of 2760
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by imackler View Post

MacedonianHero is an awesome guy and a great headfier, a valuable part of this community. 

smily_headphones1.gif
post #43 of 2760
Helpful review.

Also the headphones you mentioned arent exactly in the same range as these if you know what I mean. I have heard headphones worse and better than beats and thats really what matters for comparing them. e.g. Comparing beats to the pro dj100 is its own thing, regardless of what other high end headphones that have been listened to.
post #44 of 2760
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukEM22 View Post

Helpful review.

Also the headphones you mentioned arent exactly in the same range as these if you know what I mean. I have heard headphones worse and better than beats and thats really what matters for comparing them. e.g. Comparing beats to the pro dj100 is its own thing, regardless of what other high end headphones that have been listened to.

But it does say that I'm fully aware just how good headphones can sound. For comparable headphones, maybe check out my first post on this thread? smily_headphones1.gif
post #45 of 2760
Very nice, Peter!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Comparisons: 23 of the Top Closed/Portable Headphones Around