Recent Images In This Thread
- productBeats Executive Over-Ear Headphones (Silver)tagged by joe, 8/20/13
- productBeats Studio by Dr. Dre - Hi-Def Noise-Canceling Over-Ear Headphonestagged by joe, 8/20/13
- productBeats Studio Over-Ear Headphone (Black) - NEWtagged by joe, 8/20/13
- productBeyerdynamic Tesla DT 1350tagged by System, 7/16/13
- productBose QuietComfort 15 Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphonestagged by joe, 8/20/13
- productKEF M500 Hi-Fi On-Ear Headphones, Aluminum/Blacktagged by joe, 8/20/13
- productMartinLogan Mikros 90 Reference On-Ear Headphonestagged by Fearless1, 7/3/14
- productPSB M4U 2 Noise Canceling headphonestagged by System, 7/16/13
- productSennheiser Momentumtagged by joe, 8/20/13
- productSkullcandy Aviator Headphone Black, One Sizetagged by joe, 8/20/13More
- productSony MDR-1Rtagged by System, 7/16/13
- productUltimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphonestagged by joe, 8/20/13
Related Forum Threads
- best headphones under 400 Last post on 3/3/14 at 4:49pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser Momentum vs. Bowers & Wilkins P7 vs. Sony MDR-1R vs. Parrot Zik vs. Bose QC15 Last post on 2/17/14 at 1:59am in Headphones (full-size)
- $300 over-ear headphone recommendation Last post on 3/3/14 at 6:38pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Mid-Fi Headphone battle Last post on 2/26/14 at 9:48am in Headphones (full-size)
- K550 vs Hp100 vs MDR-1r? Anyone compared these? Last post on 9/28/13 at 10:41pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)Last edited: 12/7/14
When I listen to these Headphones I always think to Polygamy. That is because I am already in love for another Headphone but I am also attracted by these Liberate. They are not exactly my kind...
I actually have, believe it or not, two sets of the A8 earphones. I bought the first one at a B&O store; someone bought a car and the earphones came as a gift. He didn't care for them, so he gave...
I have tested all JBL BT Headphones. I am not even sure why. These are the ONLY one which is worth considering if you look for a good sound. They do not sound great either. But not bad like...
If I would have to choose between these and the JBL E40, I would probably kill myself. But in case I am of particularly good mood I would choose these. They do not have much better SQ but have...
When I first reviewed these Headphones some time ago in Amazon, I did not yet tried so many BT Headphones. Somehow I like them more now, specially because their much cheaper price (actually...
Comparisons: 23 of the Top Closed/Portable Headphones Around - Page 144post #2146 of 27635/9/14 at 6:33pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2147 of 27635/9/14 at 6:55pmThread Starter
Can't help myself...I'm Canadian.Quote:Originally Posted by waynes world
Nice write-up once again MC! The 545's sound very nice. If I could justify having them, they'd be nice to have. Then again, since when have I needed any justification lol!
Btw, I now also have some DT1350's in my possession (since yesterday). Initial impressions are that they sound stunning (even without burn in). I was a bit worried due to what you said here in your T51P review:
It's strange because so far I am feeling exactly the opposite of what you said above regarding the two! I think that the T51P's (with 60 hours of burn in) do sound really great, but occasionally I hear a bit of congestion/boominess due to the larger mid-bass, and sometimes they sound just a touch less transparent to me as well (relative say to the mikros 90's or the dt1350's), and I find myself thinking about that at times. But with DT1350's, I am more or less just listening with slack jawed amazement at how good they sound. So go figure!
Comfort-wise there is no competition - the T51P's are amazingly comfy, and as an overall package they are very good. I will have to work on the DT1350's comfort a bit to see if I'll be okay with them.
Anyway, that's where I am at right now. I'm going to now let the DT1350's get 50 hours of burn in before I do some serious comparisons. And then I have some decisions to make!
Here's my biggest issue with the DT1350s...they're such a moving target. I've heard 5 headphones (3 of them back-to-back-to-back) and they all pretty much sounded like different headphones. Many have also reported this...so with such a moving target, I'm not sure what to fully make of a DT1350 vs.....any other headphone. That said, I did hear 3 T51ps next to each other and thankfully they all sounded the same. Throw in the torture devices that are the DT1350s, I can't really recommend them.Quote:Originally Posted by dweaver
Great write up on K545 MH. While I personally rank them higher than several of the headphones on your list I completely understand your reasoning for where you placed them on the list. For me they are a great fit sonically speaking as well as physically but that will not be the case for every one. I also like their price point compared to the others.
I am currently using a pair of SRH1540 as well as the K545 and Momentum On Ear. I would say the 1540 has become my favorite sonically as it has a much larger and 3 dimensional sound stage than the K545 followed by the MOE as well as more detail, comfort, and isolation. But it is also a $600 HP and while I use it portably is not truly a portable. The K545 has a bit more traditional sound stage which works extremely well for many genres though and I feel it has a bit more edge at times in the upper mids while never over cooking the treble making it distracting. The MOE on the other hand offer a fun sound that's weighty in the lower mids but is a bit rolled off in the treble.
Thanks again for the loaner. I hold them in high regard as well.post #2148 of 27635/9/14 at 6:57pmpost #2149 of 27635/10/14 at 3:24ampost #2150 of 27635/10/14 at 5:18amQuote:
It might be better to receive pm's on this...this thread will blow uppost #2151 of 27635/10/14 at 5:49ampost #2152 of 27635/10/14 at 5:58pmThread Starterpost #2153 of 27635/10/14 at 6:07pm
I listen to a lot of instrumental/acoustic music like jazz and classical and out of bass, mids and highs value good mids the most by far.
How are the T51s mids? I've read some reviews that they're a bit recessed.
I've got the K545s and the Mikros 90s now. I prefer the Mikros 90s but wish for a little more bass and comfort. The k545s just don't do it for me in the mids.
How would you compare these three headphones for jazz and classical. I especially listen to a lot of acoustic guitar.post #2154 of 27635/10/14 at 6:11pm
Also, it would be great if you could test the thinksound on1s.
They sound really, really good - probably better than any of the headphones I've tried. Build quality and a bit of bite (because wood?) are their only undoing.post #2155 of 27635/10/14 at 6:18pmQuote:
Cool! I wonder if that A200p is the cat's meow of synergy for the T51P's? Most of the portable headphones I have (or have had) work wonders with the C3/BH combo, but I'm not so sure that the T51P's work best with the combo (whereas the DT1350's don't mind it one bit). Anyway, that A200p is rather intriguing! How does it work with your other headphones?post #2156 of 27635/10/14 at 6:20pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by waynes world
Cool! I wonder if that A200p is the cat's meow of synergy for the T51P's? Most of the portable headphones I have (or have had) work wonders with the C3/BH combo, but I'm not so sure that the T51P's work best with the combo (whereas the DT1350's don't mind it one bit). Anyway, that A200p is rather intriguing! How does it work with your other headphones?
They certainly go very well together. The A200p sounds great with pretty much all of the portable closed headphones I've plugged into it...plus the LCD-X and LCD-XC. Throw in its very small size, it's a winner in my books.post #2157 of 27635/10/14 at 8:12pmQuote:
Yep, as much as I love the t51p's, SQ-wise, I would still give it to the on1's. I would even say my HF300 edges the t51p's SQ-wise as well. But form factor, portability, the t51p's are king.post #2158 of 27635/10/14 at 8:27pmQuote:
Form factor and friggin' comfort. Damn them lol!post #2159 of 27635/10/14 at 9:52pmpost #2160 of 27635/10/14 at 11:36pmQuote:
good to know that you like SQ of HP50 more than T50's :)
- Comparisons: 23 of the Top Closed/Portable Headphones Around
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 1 minute ago
- › Rockbox for iBasso DX50 + cwm recovery Latest Update: 2014-09-15 1 minute ago
- › Soundcard or DAC? 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 2 minutes ago
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 3 minutes ago
- › DIY Cable Gallery!! 3 minutes ago
- › NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!! 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1, the new start of the high-res DAP with individual DAC and... 4 minutes ago
- › What to get along with some HD598s 5 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 6 minutes ago
- › The House of Marley Liberate XL BT by Giogio
- › Bang & Olufsen A8 Earphones by fjhuerta
- › JBL Synchros 400BT Bluetooth Wireless On-Ear Stereo Headphones, Black by Giogio
- › JBL J56 BT Bluetooth Wireless On-Ear Stereo Headphone, Black by Giogio
- › Jabra REVO Wireless Bluetooth Stereo Headphones - Retail Packaging... by Giogio
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by Rockthemboots
- › Samsung Level over by Giogio
- › JBL E50BT Black Premium Wireless Over-Ear Bluetooth Stereo... by Giogio
- › JBL E40BT Black High-Performance Wireless On-Ear Bluetooth Stereo... by Giogio
- › AKG K845 Bluetooth Over-Ear Headphones by Giogio
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)