Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Comparisons: 23 of the Top Closed/Portable Headphones Around
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Comparisons: 23 of the Top Closed/Portable Headphones Around - Page 141

post #2101 of 2642
NCIX deal over??? frown.gif
post #2102 of 2642
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragoonv View Post

NCIX deal over??? frown.gif

Looks like it. $339 at both ncix.com & .ca. For once I didn't snooze and lose. Also gotta like the 2-3 day shipping.
post #2103 of 2642
post #2104 of 2642

Hey MH, 

 

Just re-reading your scoring, you gave DT1350 for its portability a 3.5, but 5 for T51p. They look almost exactly the same. Is there other things that you took in consideration?

post #2105 of 2642
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragoonv View Post
 

Hey MH, 

 

Just re-reading your scoring, you gave DT1350 for its portability a 3.5, but 5 for T51p. They look almost exactly the same. Is there other things that you took in consideration?

No, just a transcribing error on my part. It is now fixed. Thanks.

post #2106 of 2642
Looks like my T51p's shipped via UPS! biggrin.gif
post #2107 of 2642

 

It says 60 ohms on NCIX. Beyer website says 32 ohms. Maybe NCIX is clearing older batch?

post #2108 of 2642
Quote:
Originally Posted by xanlamin View Post
 

 

It says 60 ohms on NCIX. Beyer website says 32 ohms. Maybe NCIX is clearing older batch?

 

Let's split the difference.. they are 46 ohms :)

post #2109 of 2642
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes world View Post
 

 

Let's split the difference.. they are 46 ohms :)

 

LOL! That's a good one!

post #2110 of 2642
Quote:
Originally Posted by xanlamin View Post
 

 

It says 60 ohms on NCIX. Beyer website says 32 ohms. Maybe NCIX is clearing older batch?


That's right..now understand my confusion  :confused_face(1): .  Either way,  a good deal I would think

post #2111 of 2642

For those who own the T51P. Beyerdynamic sells replacement ear pads for the T50 and they have more memory foam cushion than the stock T51P ones. I got mine from Adorama and they are more comfortable. You can even use the velour ones for the 1350 if leather is too hot in the summer for you as well.

post #2112 of 2642
Quote:
Originally Posted by xanlamin View Post
 

 

It says 60 ohms on NCIX. Beyer website says 32 ohms. Maybe NCIX is clearing older batch?

 

Mine just came in :D

 

The box has a label over the old specs. The label says 32 ohms:

 

 

Edit: the included manual though says 60 ohms. So we're back to 46 ohms ;)


Edited by waynes world - 4/30/14 at 9:43am
post #2113 of 2642
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes world View Post
 

 

Mine just came in :D

 

The box has a label over the old specs. The label says 32 ohms:

 

 

Edit: the included manual though says 60 ohms. So we're back to 46 ohms ;)


How you feeling about our purchase?

post #2114 of 2642
Quote:
Originally Posted by subguy812 View Post


How you feeling about our purchase?

 

Comfort-wise and isolation-wise and fit-wise, the T51P's easily take the cake. They stay on the head nicely, and it's amazing that they can be so isolating and comfortable at the same time. My Mikros 90's stay on the head very well, but have a lot of clamping force. My M500's are very comfortable, but don't isolate as well and are quite loose on the head (can fall off if I bend over). The T51P's resolve all of those issues. I also really like the looks of them, and they seem very well built. And I really like the case. So based on those factors alone, they are already winners and I could see myself growing old with them :)

 

SQ-wise, after listening to them for an hour or so out of the box, I am feeling like they could very well become my favourite sounding portables once I give them some time on the burner. They are cooking for the next couple of days now, after which I will be comparing them to the M500's, Mikros 90's (and for some fun, also to my $17 AKG K403's which I have somehow fallen in love with lol). I actually really like the SQ of both the M500's and the Mikros 90's, so this will be interesting. In the end, I will only be able to keep either the M500's or the TP51's, so this is serious stuff lol!

 

Edit: and receiving them in 3 days from ncix was pretty sweet as well!


Edited by waynes world - 4/30/14 at 4:46pm
post #2115 of 2642
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by xanlamin View Post
 

 

It says 60 ohms on NCIX. Beyer website says 32 ohms. Maybe NCIX is clearing older batch?

 

Not the case...I got mine from NCIX and it says 32ohms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes world View Post
 

 

Comfort-wise and isolation-wise and fit-wise, the T51P's easily take the cake. They stay on the head nicely, and it's amazing that they can be so isolating and comfortable at the same time. My Mikros 90's stay on the head very well, but have a lot of clamping force. My M500's are very comfortable, but don't isolate as well and are quite loose on the head (can fall off if I bend over). The T51P's resolve all of those issues. I also really like the looks of them, and they seem very well built. And I really like the case. So based on those factors alone, they are already winners and I could see myself growing old with them :)

 

 

 

Congrats!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Comparisons: 23 of the Top Closed/Portable Headphones Around