- 2,186 Posts. Joined 4/2006
- Location: Ok-ish now, yet still cold place..... actually EVEN colder...
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productBeats Executive Over-Ear Headphones (Silver)tagged by joe, 8/20/13
- productBeats Studio by Dr. Dre - Hi-Def Noise-Canceling Over-Ear Headphonestagged by joe, 8/20/13
- productBeats Studio Over-Ear Headphone (Black) - NEWtagged by joe, 8/20/13
- productBeyerdynamic Tesla DT 1350tagged by System, 7/16/13
- productBose QuietComfort 15 Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphonestagged by joe, 8/20/13
- productKEF M500 Hi-Fi On-Ear Headphones, Aluminum/Blacktagged by joe, 8/20/13
- productMartinLogan Mikros 90 Reference On-Ear Headphonestagged by Fearless1, 7/3/14
- productPSB M4U 2 Noise Canceling headphonestagged by System, 7/16/13
- productSennheiser Momentumtagged by joe, 8/20/13
- productSkullcandy Aviator Headphone Black, One Sizetagged by joe, 8/20/13More
- productSony MDR-1Rtagged by System, 7/16/13
- productUltimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphonestagged by joe, 8/20/13
Related Forum Threads
- best headphones under 400 Last post on 3/3/14 at 4:49pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser Momentum vs. Bowers & Wilkins P7 vs. Sony MDR-1R vs. Parrot Zik vs. Bose QC15 Last post on 2/17/14 at 1:59am in Headphones (full-size)
- $300 over-ear headphone recommendation Last post on 3/3/14 at 6:38pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Mid-Fi Headphone battle Last post on 2/26/14 at 9:48am in Headphones (full-size)
- K550 vs Hp100 vs MDR-1r? Anyone compared these? Last post on 9/28/13 at 10:41pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)Last edited: 7/3/14
I don’t get asked very often about the Private 333 amongst the Fitear customs I own. Nor do you hear people raving about it as you might in respect of the C435, the MH 334 and the MH335DW....
Before I begin with my review of the Beyerdynamic XP1, all of the below are solely what I’ve managed to get out of the IEM, I suggest to try it out or read some other people’s review to get a...
See The Whole Review With Pictures Here: http://db-headphones.blogspot.com ... Oh and ignore the sliders for the audio quality, value etc. I can't edit the slider scoring on mobile. Disclaimer: I...
Disclaimer First of all, huge thanks to Audrey and the Brainwavz team for giving me the opportunity to write this review. Please note that I was not paid to write this review, nor am I...
First, the normal boilerplate stuff - Audio setup - FLAC files in Media Monkey -> Amazon Basics TOSLINK cable -> Schiit Bifrost w/Uber upgrade -> Knukoncept Shielded RCAs -> Project Ember...
Comparisons: 23 of the Top Closed/Portable Headphones Around - Page 77post #1141 of 262712/11/13 at 2:52pmBy the way guys. That KEF M500 used for goldenears measurement is mine. Just to say, I like my pair and they are not that really veiled to my ears.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1142 of 262712/11/13 at 3:39pmQuote:Originally Posted by Trunks159
Quote:Originally Posted by Stil
But isn't this the hobby where people will spend multiple hundreds of extra dollars for less than 1-3% improvement in SQ?
That said, I did find the P7 having a better build than either the momentum and the M500. It's only 50$ more than the momentum, but seems a lot better built, plus it folds down smaller. That alone might be worth the extra money to some.
http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-505630-Momentum-Headphone-Brown/dp/B009QV15DU/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1386800258&sr=8-2&keywords=momentum - its $100 more.
Sure people do it, though it's not really smart. If your actually going to pay for quality, why not just get some open headphones?
That being said, I guess I should actually try them first. They better be a good improvement over the m500/ws99/Momentum! lol
Ahh looks like you can get it on Amazon for cheaper. I was going by retail store prices where they are list $349 :) I actually did listen to them and preferred the P7 over the Momentum and M500 listening from my source (Audioengine D1 from my laptop and directly out of an iPhone) , but since SQ is subjective, I was only using build quality and materials as a differentiator.post #1143 of 262712/11/13 at 4:16pmQuote:
Interesting, thanks. And no, they don't sound veiled to my ears at all either.post #1144 of 262712/11/13 at 4:29pm
No veil when I owned them either. I prefer a bit more forward mids but they were far from being veiled. My issues with the M500 boiled down to fit and slightly bright treble presentationpost #1145 of 262712/11/13 at 5:08pmpost #1146 of 262712/12/13 at 3:44ampost #1147 of 262712/12/13 at 5:22ampost #1148 of 262712/12/13 at 4:37pmpost #1149 of 262712/12/13 at 4:41pmpost #1150 of 262712/12/13 at 10:06pmpost #1151 of 262712/16/13 at 11:00amThread StarterWell...as it appears, my ears are finally coming back around to IEMs. I no longer seem to have a nagging pain after a listening session with them. So I picked up a pair of Bose QC20i (thanks to Tyll's review in part on innerfidelity.com). I think I'll add them to my comparison over the holidays. Gotta say the NC circuitry is scary good! So much better than anything I've heard before (including the QC15s). Sound quality is very clean. More to come...On another note, time to thin the herd down a bit and I've listed both my Sennheiser Momentums (Over Ear) and KEF M500s on the F/S fourm (see my sig for further details). Please let me know if you're interested.post #1152 of 262712/16/13 at 11:13amThe QC20 is now my go to IEM, they are so comfortable and quiet. The sound quality is about that of a $100 but for trains and the street that good enough for me.
My goto headphone these days is the AKG K545, the best portable headphone I have owned period.post #1153 of 262712/16/13 at 2:33pmpost #1154 of 262712/16/13 at 6:14pmThread StarterQuote:
I couldn't either...then I heard the QC20s. Wowza.post #1155 of 262712/16/13 at 11:54pmQuote:
The "MK2" version or original? I find the MK2 sound much better with deeper and tighter bass but the mids sound rather colored
- Comparisons: 23 of the Top Closed/Portable Headphones Around
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Superlux 681 688b 661 or 681 evo? 1 minute ago
- › is there any way to replace the UE 600vi cable 1 minute ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 10/15/2014:... 2 minutes ago
- › The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › bakoon bps-02 5v battery pack 4 minutes ago
- › OnePlus One 4 minutes ago
- › Dre Beats Studio DIY teardown and modify question... 4 minutes ago
- › NEW! SONY NWZ-A10 Series Walkman. Micro SD Card Slot! 5 minutes ago
- › FitEar Private 333 by Kiats
- › Beyerdynamic XP1 by SawItComing
- › Audio-Technica ATH-WS77 SOLID BASS Portable Headphones (Japan Import) by DisCHORDDubstep
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by thatBeatsguy
- › Fostex TH 900 by smitty1110
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by aquamacs
- › Audio Technica ATH-IM02 balanced amature inner earphone by thatonenoob
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by thatonenoob
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by H20Fidelity
- › Beyerdynamic Tesla T1 by smitty1110
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)