- 160 Posts. Joined 3/2013
- Location: Singapore & Indonesia
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productBeats Executive Over-Ear Headphones (Silver)tagged by joe, 8/20/13
- productBeats Studio by Dr. Dre - Hi-Def Noise-Canceling Over-Ear Headphonestagged by joe, 8/20/13
- productBeats Studio Over-Ear Headphone (Black) - NEWtagged by joe, 8/20/13
- productBeyerdynamic Tesla DT 1350tagged by System, 7/16/13
- productBose QuietComfort 15 Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphonestagged by joe, 8/20/13
- productKEF M500 Hi-Fi On-Ear Headphones, Aluminum/Blacktagged by joe, 8/20/13
- productMartinLogan Mikros 90 Reference On-Ear Headphonestagged by Fearless1, 7/3/14
- productPSB M4U 2 Noise Canceling headphonestagged by System, 7/16/13
- productSennheiser Momentumtagged by joe, 8/20/13
- productSkullcandy Aviator Headphone Black, One Sizetagged by joe, 8/20/13More
- productSony MDR-1Rtagged by System, 7/16/13
- productUltimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphonestagged by joe, 8/20/13
Related Forum Threads
- best headphones under 400 Last post on 3/3/14 at 4:49pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser Momentum vs. Bowers & Wilkins P7 vs. Sony MDR-1R vs. Parrot Zik vs. Bose QC15 Last post on 2/17/14 at 1:59am in Headphones (full-size)
- $300 over-ear headphone recommendation Last post on 3/3/14 at 6:38pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Mid-Fi Headphone battle Last post on 2/26/14 at 9:48am in Headphones (full-size)
- K550 vs Hp100 vs MDR-1r? Anyone compared these? Last post on 9/28/13 at 10:41pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)Last edited: 7/3/14
Introduction – As the current flagship of the young company Brainwavz, the R3 has a quite a lot on its shoulders. Utilizing a relatively new dual-dynamic driver configuration, uncommon with most...
Disclaimer: a. I am in no way affiliated with Fiio b. The X1 audition was a part of a world tour audition. c. There is no monetary or in kind gain due to the audition. With the disclaimer...
I'd say this is a great set of IEMs for its price if you're looking for that consumer v-shaped sound sig. It's not the most balanced sound sig, but for what it is, it sounds pretty good. The mids...
As of September 2014, the HE-400 has been discontinued, and it's successor, the HE-400i is being sold in its place. So why publish, or even read, a review now? First, there are many used...
DAC OCU(B) 1866 — very interesting portable DAC/amp combo from Russian manufacturer Myst. Things I like: — Nice look. As OCUB is made in small quantities, it uses stock case, but case is fully...
Comparisons: 22 of the Top Closed/Portable Headphones Around - Page 44post #646 of 257410/20/13 at 4:21pmAnd the HD26 will be out too. Pretty interesting of how fast the pace now with extreme competition
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #647 of 257410/20/13 at 5:32pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by Lan647
A sit down at a hi-fi store with a dozen of songs to go between is more than enough to get a general idea of how the headphone sounds for me. Not enough to go into detail, but sufficient for me to call the impression I got valid. No chance for an extended listen either, I'm afraid..
My comments were based on your description of the P7s...so vastly different from what I was hearing (and to what the vast majority were reporting on the P7 thread). Where you using a separate amp for them? I prefer them actually right out of my iPhone or iPad.Quote:
Not in a hurry, I really didn't like the previous 2 versions and AKG hasn't really made a good headphone in about 10 years IMO. I'll wait and see how they measure and then decide. Thanks for the heads up though.Quote:
These are something I might be interested in. The HD25s are legendary, but their comfort was quite bad (like DT1350 bad) with my noggin.post #648 of 257410/20/13 at 5:46pmQuote:How about the Focal Spirit Pro/Classic?Originally Posted by MacedonianHero
My comments were based on your description of the P7s...so vastly different from what I was hearing (and to what the vast majority were reporting on the P7 thread). Where you using a separate amp for them? I prefer them actually right out of my iPhone or iPad.
Not in a hurry, I really didn't like the previous 2 versions and AKG hasn't really made a good headphone in about 10 years IMO. I'll wait and see how they measure and then decide. Thanks for the heads up though.post #649 of 257410/20/13 at 5:49pmThread Starter
I was gonna try the Spirit One then the QC issues popped up and they completely fell off my radar. Might look at the Classics though when they're released.post #650 of 257410/20/13 at 11:25pmAccording to some who pre-ordered the K545, it seems like their ETA kept on delaying @.@
AKG K550 sound great to me thought.. Getting the Annie's in two weeks, will see how it goes xDpost #651 of 257410/20/13 at 11:38pmQuote:
I just plugged them into my iPhone.post #652 of 257410/21/13 at 5:30pmThread Starter
Yep...they sound great just out of my iPhone too. They are seriously pushing the M500s and Momentums for best sounding cans on my list.post #653 of 257410/21/13 at 5:35pmQuote:
Sorry, but you are not allowed let that happen!post #654 of 257410/21/13 at 5:48pmThread Starterpost #655 of 257410/21/13 at 5:59pm
Too bad - they are too big to be considered a portable rig, and they are therefore disqualified!:
Just kidding - it's your thread so you do what you gotta do lol. My problem really is, why do they have to be 400 buckaroos?post #656 of 257410/21/13 at 6:01pmThread StarterQuote:
Actually, compared to the Momentums when packed up, they're more portable...so they stay!post #657 of 257410/21/13 at 6:52pmQuote:
Fine. Be that way. As long as they only sound a bit better than the M500's and not $100 better, then I'm good.
Seriously, I'm ok either way. I really love the M500's to the point where I'm immune to yours or anyone else's hype! (I hope!).post #658 of 257410/21/13 at 6:53pmThread StarterQuote:
Rest assured that the M500s are still among the best out there. Mine aren't going anywhere!post #659 of 257410/21/13 at 7:09pmpost #660 of 257410/22/13 at 3:19am
So I received the B&O H6 today and am listening to them. Soundwise, my first impression is that they sound pretty good. I was worried they would be basslight from what I was reading about them, but the bass is actually quite nice. It's definitely there when the music calls for it. So that's fine and a relief. And it reaches pretty deep too (although I think the P7 goes slightly deeper and has a bit more quantity). Perhaps it has a neutral bass sound signature? (I dunno, I don't have any high-end reference headphones like some people here).
Now comfortwise, the earcups are again not large enough. What is it with all these headphone manufacturers making earcups that are too small? I can fit my ears in about 3/4, but my earlobes stick out a bit so the edge of the earcups press down on them. The leather is softer than the P7, but not as soft as the Momentum, so it's not really that comfortable. Will give it a few more days to settle in, but probably these will not be a keeper To my ears the P7 is significantly more comfortable. And I don't think I have ridiculously large ears, about 65mm in length. A quick google search shows that the average ear size for males is 64mm, and for females 59mm. So why don't they just all make earcups 65mm in length, that should fit the majority of people's ears. It's like they're all designing headphones for kids or something.
The H6 has an earcup diameter (it's almost circular) of ~50mm. The P7 ~59mm. Too small!
I might have to someday design my own headphone :) hehe
Edited by starfly - 10/22/13 at 3:21am
- Comparisons: 22 of the Top Closed/Portable Headphones Around
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › The Official Eddie Current 445 Thread 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › Update On Current Status 2 minutes ago
- › Review: RHA MA-750 (one of the best sub $200 IEM's around) 3 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 4 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your *Budget-Fi* Portable Rig (< $200) 6 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound blaster E5 - Headphone amp + USB DAC with OTG +... 6 minutes ago
- › Sony NWZ-F806 mini review (& F-series player reviews / impressions... 6 minutes ago
- › HD 600 vs. DT 880 6 minutes ago
- › McIntosh MHP1000 Headphones Announced in CES 9 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by Audiophile1811
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by hitchhiker
- › Xiaomi Pistons 2.0 MK301 by Midgetguy
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by Rajikaru
- › MyST 1866 by cleg
- › The Enigma by Levaix
- › Bowers & Wilkins C5 S2 In-Ear Headphones, Black by twister6
- › MEElectronics M9-BK Hi-Fi Sound-Isolating Earphones (Black) by lin0003
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by Michaelc136
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Kamakahah
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)