- 160 Posts. Joined 3/2013
- Location: Singapore & Indonesia
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productBeats Executive Over-Ear Headphones (Silver)tagged by joe, 8/20/13
- productBeats Studio by Dr. Dre - Hi-Def Noise-Canceling Over-Ear Headphonestagged by joe, 8/20/13
- productBeats Studio Over-Ear Headphone (Black) - NEWtagged by joe, 8/20/13
- productBeyerdynamic Tesla DT 1350tagged by System, 7/16/13
- productBose QuietComfort 15 Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphonestagged by joe, 8/20/13
- productKEF M500 Hi-Fi On-Ear Headphones, Aluminum/Blacktagged by joe, 8/20/13
- productMartinLogan Mikros 90 Reference On-Ear Headphonestagged by Fearless1, 7/3/14
- productPSB M4U 2 Noise Canceling headphonestagged by System, 7/16/13
- productSennheiser Momentumtagged by joe, 8/20/13
- productSkullcandy Aviator Headphone Black, One Sizetagged by joe, 8/20/13More
- productSony MDR-1Rtagged by System, 7/16/13
- productUltimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphonestagged by joe, 8/20/13
Related Forum Threads
- best headphones under 400 Last post on 3/3/14 at 4:49pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser Momentum vs. Bowers & Wilkins P7 vs. Sony MDR-1R vs. Parrot Zik vs. Bose QC15 Last post on 2/17/14 at 1:59am in Headphones (full-size)
- $300 over-ear headphone recommendation Last post on 3/3/14 at 6:38pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Mid-Fi Headphone battle Last post on 2/26/14 at 9:48am in Headphones (full-size)
- K550 vs Hp100 vs MDR-1r? Anyone compared these? Last post on 9/28/13 at 10:41pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)Last edited: 7/3/14
Fist of all, this is my first ever review,and English is not my native language, so please, have some understanding . I bought these headphones 9 months ago, they were my first "quality"...
Hi All, I have done a video review of Hifiman HM901. Thanks for watching :)
You can pay more for a dac alone and not do as well as the 105. You can buy a blue ray player for more and not do as well. Ditto for cd, sacd, and/or DVD players. Its audio preamps are as good as...
The 2014 Brainwavz S5: A Single Dynamic Driver IEM Specifications Found here: www.yourbrainwavz.com/s5.html No measurements for the S5 were available at the time of this...
SO, lets get on to it. The MTPC's are a pair of IEM's that are in a very akward position. It is quite pricy and rejected by the "purist audiophiles" that dislike the brand of Monster, due to...
Comparisons: 22 of the Top Closed/Portable Headphones Around - Page 44post #646 of 251610/20/13 at 4:21pmAnd the HD26 will be out too. Pretty interesting of how fast the pace now with extreme competition
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #647 of 251610/20/13 at 5:32pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by Lan647
A sit down at a hi-fi store with a dozen of songs to go between is more than enough to get a general idea of how the headphone sounds for me. Not enough to go into detail, but sufficient for me to call the impression I got valid. No chance for an extended listen either, I'm afraid..
My comments were based on your description of the P7s...so vastly different from what I was hearing (and to what the vast majority were reporting on the P7 thread). Where you using a separate amp for them? I prefer them actually right out of my iPhone or iPad.Quote:
Not in a hurry, I really didn't like the previous 2 versions and AKG hasn't really made a good headphone in about 10 years IMO. I'll wait and see how they measure and then decide. Thanks for the heads up though.Quote:
These are something I might be interested in. The HD25s are legendary, but their comfort was quite bad (like DT1350 bad) with my noggin.post #648 of 251610/20/13 at 5:46pmQuote:How about the Focal Spirit Pro/Classic?Originally Posted by MacedonianHero
My comments were based on your description of the P7s...so vastly different from what I was hearing (and to what the vast majority were reporting on the P7 thread). Where you using a separate amp for them? I prefer them actually right out of my iPhone or iPad.
Not in a hurry, I really didn't like the previous 2 versions and AKG hasn't really made a good headphone in about 10 years IMO. I'll wait and see how they measure and then decide. Thanks for the heads up though.post #649 of 251610/20/13 at 5:49pmThread Starter
I was gonna try the Spirit One then the QC issues popped up and they completely fell off my radar. Might look at the Classics though when they're released.post #650 of 251610/20/13 at 11:25pmAccording to some who pre-ordered the K545, it seems like their ETA kept on delaying @.@
AKG K550 sound great to me thought.. Getting the Annie's in two weeks, will see how it goes xDpost #651 of 251610/20/13 at 11:38pmQuote:
I just plugged them into my iPhone.post #652 of 251610/21/13 at 5:30pmThread Starter
Yep...they sound great just out of my iPhone too. They are seriously pushing the M500s and Momentums for best sounding cans on my list.post #653 of 251610/21/13 at 5:35pmQuote:
Sorry, but you are not allowed let that happen!post #654 of 251610/21/13 at 5:48pmThread Starterpost #655 of 251610/21/13 at 5:59pm
Too bad - they are too big to be considered a portable rig, and they are therefore disqualified!:
Just kidding - it's your thread so you do what you gotta do lol. My problem really is, why do they have to be 400 buckaroos?post #656 of 251610/21/13 at 6:01pmThread StarterQuote:
Actually, compared to the Momentums when packed up, they're more portable...so they stay!post #657 of 251610/21/13 at 6:52pmQuote:
Fine. Be that way. As long as they only sound a bit better than the M500's and not $100 better, then I'm good.
Seriously, I'm ok either way. I really love the M500's to the point where I'm immune to yours or anyone else's hype! (I hope!).post #658 of 251610/21/13 at 6:53pmThread StarterQuote:
Rest assured that the M500s are still among the best out there. Mine aren't going anywhere!post #659 of 251610/21/13 at 7:09pmpost #660 of 251610/22/13 at 3:19am
So I received the B&O H6 today and am listening to them. Soundwise, my first impression is that they sound pretty good. I was worried they would be basslight from what I was reading about them, but the bass is actually quite nice. It's definitely there when the music calls for it. So that's fine and a relief. And it reaches pretty deep too (although I think the P7 goes slightly deeper and has a bit more quantity). Perhaps it has a neutral bass sound signature? (I dunno, I don't have any high-end reference headphones like some people here).
Now comfortwise, the earcups are again not large enough. What is it with all these headphone manufacturers making earcups that are too small? I can fit my ears in about 3/4, but my earlobes stick out a bit so the edge of the earcups press down on them. The leather is softer than the P7, but not as soft as the Momentum, so it's not really that comfortable. Will give it a few more days to settle in, but probably these will not be a keeper To my ears the P7 is significantly more comfortable. And I don't think I have ridiculously large ears, about 65mm in length. A quick google search shows that the average ear size for males is 64mm, and for females 59mm. So why don't they just all make earcups 65mm in length, that should fit the majority of people's ears. It's like they're all designing headphones for kids or something.
The H6 has an earcup diameter (it's almost circular) of ~50mm. The P7 ~59mm. Too small!
I might have to someday design my own headphone :) hehe
Edited by starfly - 10/22/13 at 3:21am
- Comparisons: 22 of the Top Closed/Portable Headphones Around
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › HM-901 24 seconds ago
- › Kogan 8GB MP4 - The Player That Came From Nowhere: 26 seconds ago
- › The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 41 seconds ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 44 seconds ago
- › Testing audiophile claims and myths 1 minute ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 2 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 2 minutes ago
- › Help, need advice to find "right" headphone 2 minutes ago
- › Review: Spiral Ear SE 5-way Reference - A new level of resolution?... 2 minutes ago
- › What's the Sound I'm Looking For? 3 minutes ago
- › Superlux HD-668 B by donniefalcone
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 by piksnz
- › OPPO BDP-105 Universal Audiophile 3D Blu-ray Player by professor825
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by NA Blur
- › Monster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphones by TurbinePro
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by SMLeaves
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by wolfjeanne
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 350p Portable Headphones Brand New Black Free... by twister6
- › Sony MDR-CD 780 by mark235
- › EarSonics EM32 by Rollk2
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)