yeah please do a review on CAL2. waiting eagerly to know the sound quality, build etc...
Recent Images In This Thread
- productBeats Executive Over-Ear Headphones (Silver)tagged by joe, 8/20/13
- productBeats Studio by Dr. Dre - Hi-Def Noise-Canceling Over-Ear Headphonestagged by joe, 8/20/13
- productBeats Studio Over-Ear Headphone (Black) - NEWtagged by joe, 8/20/13
- productBeyerdynamic Tesla DT 1350tagged by System, 7/16/13
- productBose QuietComfort 15 Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphonestagged by joe, 8/20/13
- productKEF M500 Hi-Fi On-Ear Headphones, Aluminum/Blacktagged by joe, 8/20/13
- productMartinLogan Mikros 90 Reference On-Ear Headphonestagged by Fearless1, 7/3/14
- productPSB M4U 2 Noise Canceling headphonestagged by System, 7/16/13
- productSennheiser Momentumtagged by joe, 8/20/13
- productSkullcandy Aviator Headphone Black, One Sizetagged by joe, 8/20/13More
- productSony MDR-1Rtagged by System, 7/16/13
- productUltimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphonestagged by joe, 8/20/13
Related Forum Threads
- best headphones under 400 Last post on 3/3/14 at 4:49pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser Momentum vs. Bowers & Wilkins P7 vs. Sony MDR-1R vs. Parrot Zik vs. Bose QC15 Last post on 2/17/14 at 1:59am in Headphones (full-size)
- $300 over-ear headphone recommendation Last post on 3/3/14 at 6:38pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Mid-Fi Headphone battle Last post on 2/26/14 at 9:48am in Headphones (full-size)
- K550 vs Hp100 vs MDR-1r? Anyone compared these? Last post on 9/28/13 at 10:41pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)Last edited: 7/3/14
I am from China and I'd like to say Chinese people are lucky enough to have the opportunity to reach most of device in the area of audio especially some brand only provided in China.So it made me...
The Theorem 720 is magical.. Using it is like stepping into a foreign land where everything is crisp, detailed, and so very vivid that you’ll never want to leave again for the boring, veiled,...
This is my first DAP. I bought it in August with pre-installed 2.1 firmware and I have to say I am positively surprised how great this player sounds. I honestly can not compare it with other DAPs...
i just bought an Asus Vulcan pro gaming headset on a whim and I've gotta say I'm pleasantly surprised so I thought id share my experience. Now let me qualify this, I'm not saying they have the same...
Warm sound, good mid, great price Easy to drive compare with other studio headphone, there is shouldn't be too much complaint consider this headphone now only retail about $70 and sound really...
Comparisons: 22 of the Top Closed/Portable Headphones Around - Page 24
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #347 of 25189/10/13 at 5:28pmThread StarterQuote:
We shall see...for now I'm kinda busy with a few other things. Most likely will be adding the B&W P5 that I'm getting on loan from a friend soon.post #348 of 25189/10/13 at 6:38pmQuote:Originally Posted by MacedonianHero
We shall see...for now I'm kinda busy with a few other things. Most likely will be adding the B&W P5 that I'm getting on loan from a friend soon.
Had it, sold it (actually to someone in Toronto) Great fashion average can.post #349 of 25189/10/13 at 6:54pmThread StarterQuote:
LoL, well it wasn't to me.
I heard it a few years back and know what to expect...but I'll try to keep an open mind on these ones.post #350 of 25189/10/13 at 8:02pm
Have the QC15. Really don't care about the sound quality at all, it's more about getting a peaceful sleep. Flights to Brazil are killer. Leaves at midnight and arrives at 10AM (straight to hotel, shower, then to work). NC works great, and leaving them on my head for most of the flight isn't an issue. They are quite comfortable.post #351 of 25189/10/13 at 9:01pmQuote:Originally Posted by MacedonianHero
Actually using speaker compensation isn't totally the right thing after talking with Tyll. Due to the speakers on headphones being right next to your ears and no crossfeed information (right ear can't hear the left driver and visa versa) headphones require their own methodology.
This isn't using the same compensation that speakers use (Do speakers even use a compensation?). It just emulates a flat loudspeaker in a headphone which is what artists record with.post #352 of 25189/10/13 at 9:14pmQuote:
Yes, everything needs a compensation for audio (at least to my knowledge). I
If you are taking measurements of a stereo (or multispeaker system) you need to at least compensate for crossover. An individual speaker doesn't need this of course. And in the case of speakers environmental compensation MUST be done. Naturally if you have a completely silent environment where there is no chance of reflection or reverberation, this is not necessary. But not everyone has a wide open field with nothing around or an anechoic chamber.
And headphones use similar compensation, albeit you are doing it for the ear chamber rather than the room.
(Naturally all of this is based on my limited knowledge. I am not an expert by any means. But I have learned enough physics to know that to get an accurate measure of sound, it isn't as simple as taking a calibrated mic and recording the output of the speaker)post #353 of 25189/11/13 at 4:12amOMG the stuff u guys discuss here amazes me!
U ppl know so much and stil u say ur no expert! All long i was thinking music is just a hobby. Buy or download songs n listen. After reading many forums on this website i came to know its not just music ! So much to consider when buying headfones! I thought ppl only considered price factor. Like i said already, i am addicted to this site. Its wonderful to know stuff actually.post #354 of 25189/11/13 at 4:28amQuote:Originally Posted by philonewbie
OMG the stuff u guys discuss here amazes me!
U ppl know so much and stil u say ur no expert! All long i was thinking music is just a hobby. Buy or download songs n listen. After reading many forums on this website i came to know its not just music ! So much to consider when buying headfones! I thought ppl only considered price factor. Like i said already, i am addicted to this site. Its wonderful to know stuff actually.
Cool, stick around! And sorry about your walletpost #355 of 25189/11/13 at 6:14pmThread StarterQuote:
Correct...one needs compensation for headphones to account for their differences to speakers.post #356 of 25189/13/13 at 11:14pmpost #357 of 25189/14/13 at 2:57amQuote:
It's a phrase around here, once you're into head-fi your wallet is just gonna get lighter and lighter as you purchase more and more ;)post #358 of 25189/14/13 at 3:53am
I listened at many of the headphones on this thread.. Momentum, PSU, MDR-1R, beats (already own), plus a bunch of others I posted about. I got some second hand A900's (not the X) for $100. Comfort and sound quality it beats all of these, and is very very close to the LCD2 when I compare them side by side with a good FLAC/optical/DAC/amp system. The A900 aren't at all portable, not even slightly, but I'd love to hear MacedonianHero's comparison.post #359 of 25189/14/13 at 4:05amQuote:
The best advice from me after spending so much time in Head-Fi for a year is, don't look at new headphones released when your wallet are not ready yet! You may read it once... Just ONCE! Or else, you shall be sorry to your wallet. It may get thinner... And thinner and soon! Butterflies may come out [like mine now ] and it's in recovering stage xD
Head-Fi is like most apps in the App Store. Free to download but anything additional are not included... XD
So GOOD LUCK!post #360 of 25189/14/13 at 5:16amThe more and more i read abt headphones, the more and more desire grows. I just realised how meaningful the phrase- sorry abt ur wallet is! Hahahaha. At the moment i ll just stick on to reading about headphones. Meanwhile i ll save to buy one of the best headphones.
- Comparisons: 22 of the Top Closed/Portable Headphones Around
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 12 seconds ago
- › Android phones and USB DACs 40 seconds ago
- › Feliks-Audio...6SN7 + 6AS7G/6080 prototype 1 minute ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 1 minute ago
- › REVIEW: Decware Select Zen CSP2 Tube Headphone Amp 2 minutes ago
- › New Nagra HD DAC 3 minutes ago
- › iem sound better when slightly pressing with fingers? 3 minutes ago
- › S.M.S.L M2 DAC First Impressions 3 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica 3000anv in new condition 3 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica ATH-W5000 headphones 3 minutes ago
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by lizhenghong728
- › Cypher Labs Theorem 720 DAC Headphone Amplifier by cripple1
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by marhol
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by lumberjake
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)