- 2,138 Posts. Joined 4/2006
- Location: Ok-ish now, yet still cold place..... actually EVEN colder...
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productBeats Executive Over-Ear Headphones (Silver)tagged by joe, 8/20/13
- productBeats Studio by Dr. Dre - Hi-Def Noise-Canceling Over-Ear Headphonestagged by joe, 8/20/13
- productBeats Studio Over-Ear Headphone (Black) - NEWtagged by joe, 8/20/13
- productBeyerdynamic Tesla DT 1350tagged by System, 7/16/13
- productBose QuietComfort 15 Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphonestagged by joe, 8/20/13
- productKEF M500 Hi-Fi On-Ear Headphones, Aluminum/Blacktagged by joe, 8/20/13
- productMartinLogan Mikros 90 Reference On-Ear Headphonestagged by Fearless1, 7/3/14
- productPSB M4U 2 Noise Canceling headphonestagged by System, 7/16/13
- productSennheiser Momentumtagged by joe, 8/20/13
- productSkullcandy Aviator Headphone Black, One Sizetagged by joe, 8/20/13More
- productSony MDR-1Rtagged by System, 7/16/13
- productUltimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphonestagged by joe, 8/20/13
Related Forum Threads
- best headphones under 400 Last post on 3/3/14 at 4:49pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser Momentum vs. Bowers & Wilkins P7 vs. Sony MDR-1R vs. Parrot Zik vs. Bose QC15 Last post on 2/17/14 at 1:59am in Headphones (full-size)
- $300 over-ear headphone recommendation Last post on 3/3/14 at 6:38pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Mid-Fi Headphone battle Last post on 2/26/14 at 9:48am in Headphones (full-size)
- K550 vs Hp100 vs MDR-1r? Anyone compared these? Last post on 9/28/13 at 10:41pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 7/11/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 7/21/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)Last edited: 7/3/14
Bought the active noise cancelling version of these as a daily deal on Amazon for <$20. Active noise cancelling completely broken on both my original unit and the replacement - so on one hand...
Thanks to Oppo Digital Japan for allowing us to borrow the PM-1 and HA-1. Oppo coming out with a pair of headphones was quite a surprised, especially a pair of planars. Likewise the HA-1,...
Brainwavs are at it again with their new 10mm dynamic driver based IEM named "S5". I must say I was intrigued to try the new sample and where they'd come from Brainwavs B2 I owned many months...
A decade ago; I had bought into the crappy Logitech Bluetooth devices which I swore NEVER to buy again deeming it a bad technology. Ten years later; I now needed an in wireless in-ear device for...
I was looking for a cheap and cheerful, fun sounding closed can for listening at my computer at work and some limited portable use. I typically listen to EDM in this setting and had been using the...
Comparisons: 19 of the Top Closed/Portable Headphones Around - Page 77post #1141 of 231512/11/13 at 2:52pmBy the way guys. That KEF M500 used for goldenears measurement is mine. Just to say, I like my pair and they are not that really veiled to my ears.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1142 of 231512/11/13 at 3:39pmQuote:Originally Posted by Trunks159
Quote:Originally Posted by Stil
But isn't this the hobby where people will spend multiple hundreds of extra dollars for less than 1-3% improvement in SQ?
That said, I did find the P7 having a better build than either the momentum and the M500. It's only 50$ more than the momentum, but seems a lot better built, plus it folds down smaller. That alone might be worth the extra money to some.
http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-505630-Momentum-Headphone-Brown/dp/B009QV15DU/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1386800258&sr=8-2&keywords=momentum - its $100 more.
Sure people do it, though it's not really smart. If your actually going to pay for quality, why not just get some open headphones?
That being said, I guess I should actually try them first. They better be a good improvement over the m500/ws99/Momentum! lol
Ahh looks like you can get it on Amazon for cheaper. I was going by retail store prices where they are list $349 :) I actually did listen to them and preferred the P7 over the Momentum and M500 listening from my source (Audioengine D1 from my laptop and directly out of an iPhone) , but since SQ is subjective, I was only using build quality and materials as a differentiator.post #1143 of 231512/11/13 at 4:16pmQuote:
Interesting, thanks. And no, they don't sound veiled to my ears at all either.post #1144 of 231512/11/13 at 4:29pm
No veil when I owned them either. I prefer a bit more forward mids but they were far from being veiled. My issues with the M500 boiled down to fit and slightly bright treble presentationpost #1145 of 231512/11/13 at 5:08pmpost #1146 of 231512/12/13 at 3:44ampost #1147 of 231512/12/13 at 5:22ampost #1148 of 231512/12/13 at 4:37pmpost #1149 of 231512/12/13 at 4:41pmpost #1150 of 231512/12/13 at 10:06pmpost #1151 of 231512/16/13 at 11:00amThread StarterWell...as it appears, my ears are finally coming back around to IEMs. I no longer seem to have a nagging pain after a listening session with them. So I picked up a pair of Bose QC20i (thanks to Tyll's review in part on innerfidelity.com). I think I'll add them to my comparison over the holidays. Gotta say the NC circuitry is scary good! So much better than anything I've heard before (including the QC15s). Sound quality is very clean. More to come...On another note, time to thin the herd down a bit and I've listed both my Sennheiser Momentums (Over Ear) and KEF M500s on the F/S fourm (see my sig for further details). Please let me know if you're interested.post #1152 of 231512/16/13 at 11:13amThe QC20 is now my go to IEM, they are so comfortable and quiet. The sound quality is about that of a $100 but for trains and the street that good enough for me.
My goto headphone these days is the AKG K545, the best portable headphone I have owned period.post #1153 of 231512/16/13 at 2:33pmpost #1154 of 231512/16/13 at 6:14pmThread StarterQuote:
I couldn't either...then I heard the QC20s. Wowza.post #1155 of 231512/16/13 at 11:54pmQuote:
The "MK2" version or original? I find the MK2 sound much better with deeper and tighter bass but the mids sound rather colored
- Comparisons: 19 of the Top Closed/Portable Headphones Around
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Little Dot I+ Tube Rolling 34 seconds ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014:... 2 minutes ago
- › Whisky (or Whiskey) Fi 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 4 minutes ago
- › Minneapolis Meet @ The Needle Doctor June 2014 Impressions 4 minutes ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 5 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 5 minutes ago
- › Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for... 5 minutes ago
- › Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones 7 minutes ago
- › HD580 (with HD600 grills and Forza AudioWorks cable) 7 minutes ago
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by H20Fidelity
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › AKG K267 by Blinxat
- › AKG K490 NC by MP3guy
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)