yeah please do a review on CAL2. waiting eagerly to know the sound quality, build etc...
Recent Images In This Thread
- productBeats Executive Over-Ear Headphones (Silver)tagged by joe, 8/20/13
- productBeats Studio by Dr. Dre - Hi-Def Noise-Canceling Over-Ear Headphonestagged by joe, 8/20/13
- productBeats Studio Over-Ear Headphone (Black) - NEWtagged by joe, 8/20/13
- productBeyerdynamic Tesla DT 1350tagged by System, 7/16/13
- productBose QuietComfort 15 Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphonestagged by joe, 8/20/13
- productKEF M500 Hi-Fi On-Ear Headphones, Aluminum/Blacktagged by joe, 8/20/13
- productPSB M4U 2 Noise Canceling headphonestagged by System, 7/16/13
- productSennheiser Momentumtagged by joe, 8/20/13
- productSkullcandy Aviator Headphone Black, One Sizetagged by joe, 8/20/13
- productSony MDR-1Rtagged by System, 7/16/13More
- productUltimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphonestagged by joe, 8/20/13
Related Forum Threads
- best headphones under 400 Last post on 3/3/14 at 4:49pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser Momentum vs. Bowers & Wilkins P7 vs. Sony MDR-1R vs. Parrot Zik vs. Bose QC15 Last post on 2/17/14 at 1:59am in Headphones (full-size)
- $300 over-ear headphone recommendation Last post on 3/3/14 at 6:38pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Mid-Fi Headphone battle Last post on 2/26/14 at 9:48am in Headphones (full-size)
- K550 vs Hp100 vs MDR-1r? Anyone compared these? Last post on 9/28/13 at 10:41pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Wireless Headphones)Last edited: 12/16/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)Last edited: 9/13/13
Been looking for some new closed headphones, with only three at the moment and for some time in fact. Good ones, though: Sony MDR Z1000, Sony MDR 7520, and Senn Amperiors, Sometimes you just...
There are many great headphones in this SUB-$150 category , I have a good amount of headphones in the range and have tried a good enough of them to know what to expect in this category The...
(Note - XL ear pads are installed. The sound will be judged based on that.) Introduction: I purchased these headphones mainly out of curiosity. I was reading reviews and watching youtubers...
Accessories: Includes a pouch and cable. Pouch is well-built, compact, and stylish. Soft, flexible cable has never tangled for me in my time with it. Right angled jack is durable and well-relieved....
First off, I would like to thank Noisehush for sending me the NX85's! I'll get into the review now. Packaging: The NX85 come in a sturdy black card board box. It is all black, except the...
Comparisons: 14 of the Top Closed/Portable Headphones Around - Page 24
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #347 of 20449/10/13 at 5:28pmThread StarterQuote:
We shall see...for now I'm kinda busy with a few other things. Most likely will be adding the B&W P5 that I'm getting on loan from a friend soon.post #348 of 20449/10/13 at 6:38pmQuote:Originally Posted by MacedonianHero
We shall see...for now I'm kinda busy with a few other things. Most likely will be adding the B&W P5 that I'm getting on loan from a friend soon.
Had it, sold it (actually to someone in Toronto) Great fashion average can.post #349 of 20449/10/13 at 6:54pmThread StarterQuote:
LoL, well it wasn't to me.
I heard it a few years back and know what to expect...but I'll try to keep an open mind on these ones.post #350 of 20449/10/13 at 8:02pm
Have the QC15. Really don't care about the sound quality at all, it's more about getting a peaceful sleep. Flights to Brazil are killer. Leaves at midnight and arrives at 10AM (straight to hotel, shower, then to work). NC works great, and leaving them on my head for most of the flight isn't an issue. They are quite comfortable.post #351 of 20449/10/13 at 9:01pmQuote:Originally Posted by MacedonianHero
Actually using speaker compensation isn't totally the right thing after talking with Tyll. Due to the speakers on headphones being right next to your ears and no crossfeed information (right ear can't hear the left driver and visa versa) headphones require their own methodology.
This isn't using the same compensation that speakers use (Do speakers even use a compensation?). It just emulates a flat loudspeaker in a headphone which is what artists record with.post #352 of 20449/10/13 at 9:14pmQuote:
Yes, everything needs a compensation for audio (at least to my knowledge). I
If you are taking measurements of a stereo (or multispeaker system) you need to at least compensate for crossover. An individual speaker doesn't need this of course. And in the case of speakers environmental compensation MUST be done. Naturally if you have a completely silent environment where there is no chance of reflection or reverberation, this is not necessary. But not everyone has a wide open field with nothing around or an anechoic chamber.
And headphones use similar compensation, albeit you are doing it for the ear chamber rather than the room.
(Naturally all of this is based on my limited knowledge. I am not an expert by any means. But I have learned enough physics to know that to get an accurate measure of sound, it isn't as simple as taking a calibrated mic and recording the output of the speaker)post #353 of 20449/11/13 at 4:12amOMG the stuff u guys discuss here amazes me!
U ppl know so much and stil u say ur no expert! All long i was thinking music is just a hobby. Buy or download songs n listen. After reading many forums on this website i came to know its not just music ! So much to consider when buying headfones! I thought ppl only considered price factor. Like i said already, i am addicted to this site. Its wonderful to know stuff actually.post #354 of 20449/11/13 at 4:28amQuote:Originally Posted by philonewbie
OMG the stuff u guys discuss here amazes me!
U ppl know so much and stil u say ur no expert! All long i was thinking music is just a hobby. Buy or download songs n listen. After reading many forums on this website i came to know its not just music ! So much to consider when buying headfones! I thought ppl only considered price factor. Like i said already, i am addicted to this site. Its wonderful to know stuff actually.
Cool, stick around! And sorry about your walletpost #355 of 20449/11/13 at 6:14pmThread StarterQuote:
Correct...one needs compensation for headphones to account for their differences to speakers.post #356 of 20449/13/13 at 11:14pmpost #357 of 20449/14/13 at 2:57amQuote:
It's a phrase around here, once you're into head-fi your wallet is just gonna get lighter and lighter as you purchase more and more ;)post #358 of 20449/14/13 at 3:53am
I listened at many of the headphones on this thread.. Momentum, PSU, MDR-1R, beats (already own), plus a bunch of others I posted about. I got some second hand A900's (not the X) for $100. Comfort and sound quality it beats all of these, and is very very close to the LCD2 when I compare them side by side with a good FLAC/optical/DAC/amp system. The A900 aren't at all portable, not even slightly, but I'd love to hear MacedonianHero's comparison.post #359 of 20449/14/13 at 4:05amQuote:
The best advice from me after spending so much time in Head-Fi for a year is, don't look at new headphones released when your wallet are not ready yet! You may read it once... Just ONCE! Or else, you shall be sorry to your wallet. It may get thinner... And thinner and soon! Butterflies may come out [like mine now ] and it's in recovering stage xD
Head-Fi is like most apps in the App Store. Free to download but anything additional are not included... XD
So GOOD LUCK!post #360 of 20449/14/13 at 5:16amThe more and more i read abt headphones, the more and more desire grows. I just realised how meaningful the phrase- sorry abt ur wallet is! Hahahaha. At the moment i ll just stick on to reading about headphones. Meanwhile i ll save to buy one of the best headphones.
- Comparisons: 14 of the Top Closed/Portable Headphones Around
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 1 second ago
- › Darth Beyer Terminator V4 Balanced 4 seconds ago
- › Headphones made from Rock Hard Canadian Maple 17 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 17 seconds ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M*, New amp section. Review 1st... 56 seconds ago
- › Dunu DN-2000 - Hybrid Impressions / Appreciation Thread (It's... 1 minute ago
- › Oppo PM-1 Planar Magnetic Headphone Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › The (new) HD800 Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › DUNU DN-1000 Review 2 minutes ago
- › Final Audio Design Appreciation/Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by zazex
- › Ultrasone HFI-450 by MrTechAgent
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-100 by zach8278
- › Ultimate Ears UE4000 Headphones by gopats1479
- › NoiseHush NX85 Stereo 3.5mm Headset with Mic - Retail Packaging -... by Mathewsa
- › LHLabs Geek Out by bhazard
- › Monster Inspiration by betterthan1122
- › Meridian Explorer by zolkis
- › Beyerdynamic T51P Tesla Headphone - Silver by twister6
- › FiiO E17 by zach8278
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude