Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The $999 vs $99 Challenge Tour!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The $999 vs $99 Challenge Tour! - Page 12

post #166 of 524
Quote:
Originally Posted by music_4321 View Post

Part of me really wants to pull out of this challenge tour. Seriously.

Why?

post #167 of 524

Dogmatism.


Edited by music_4321 - 9/2/13 at 1:48pm
post #168 of 524
Quote:
Originally Posted by music_4321 View Post

Dogmatism.

 

Isn't that what Head-fi was built on?

post #169 of 524
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by music_4321 View Post

Dogmatism.

 

 

Not to worry, M. That part of the tour is over.

post #170 of 524
Quote:
Originally Posted by music_4321 View Post

Part of me really wants to pull out of this challenge tour. Seriously.

 

I sincerely hope that it is only a small part of you. Seriously.

post #171 of 524
Quote:
Originally Posted by eke2k6 View Post

Not to worry, M. That part of the tour is over.

 

Thanks, eke, but I'm not so sure about that.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodcans View Post

I sincerely hope that it is only a small part of you. Seriously.

 

Thanks, woodcans. Perhaps I should have kept those feelings to myself, or just PM'd james444 & eke about how I feel. Unfortunately, that part of me is not very small. In my case, and depending on how things develop here, I might eventually just decide to PM my impressions to james444 and let him decide what to do with them.


Edited by music_4321 - 9/2/13 at 2:31pm
post #172 of 524
Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgunshane View Post

I used the mh1 tips on both for most of the listening but eventually preferred the phonak tips on the TF10.

I'd add to that while the modifications improved the TF10 bass, the stock TF10 treble tuning is much better (from memory- considering that was my favorite aspect of the stock TF10).

Midrange isn't as recessed either. From what I recall the TF10s treble was slightly better, but the goal was to match UERM rather than purely improve the TF10. If Rin had tuned it for absolute performance, think it would have been different. Meelec triflanges help the issues you mentioned but it starts sounding like a BA200
Edited by Inks - 9/2/13 at 3:14pm
post #173 of 524
Quote:
Originally Posted by music_4321 View Post

Thanks, woodcans. Perhaps I should have kept those feelings to myself, or just PM'd james444 & eke about how I feel. Unfortunately, that part of me is not very small. In my case, and depending on how things develop here, I might eventually just decide to PM my impressions to james444 and let him decide what to do with them.



😕 Now?......
post #174 of 524
Discussion seems quite civil to me so far. Maybe sparrow has a crystal ball? :P
post #175 of 524
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnityIsPower View Post




😕 Now?......

 

  :)   Actually, right now I find this much more comforting: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33kSJIHtOeY

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnarlsagan View Post

Discussion seems quite civil to me so far. Maybe sparrow has a crystal ball? :P


No, no crystal ball, but psychic cranky sparrows' predictions not so infrequently turn out to be surprisingly accurate.

That said, I have to say St James has a pretty effective way of dealing with dogmatinksm — in these cases not being grumpy, unstable or insecure certainly helps, and that's why I sometimes refer to St James as Mr Uncool.

post #176 of 524
Quote:
Originally Posted by music_4321 View Post

 

  :)   Actually, right now I find this much more comforting: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33kSJIHtOeY

 

 

 

Um, I think you need a new comforter...

post #177 of 524

This is also quite comforting: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2meCe68FJsA   (it'll give you a better idea of what I meant above)

 

Or perhaps someone might suggest AND declare that FR is also responsible for the comfort people (and sparrows) need.

post #178 of 524
Thread Starter 

My, my. What have we here?

 

 

post #179 of 524
Thread Starter 

Right off the bat, I'm forced to switch from silicone to the TS500 on the UERM. The suction is too much for my ears to bear.

 

Nothing is affected though. See how the bore is unobstructed, even when squeezed:

 

 

 

post #180 of 524
Quote:
Originally Posted by eke2k6 View Post
 

Right off the bat, I'm forced to switch from silicone to the TS500 on the UERM. The suction is too much for my ears to bear.

 

Nothing is affected though. See how the bore is unobstructed, even when squeezed:

 

 

 

 

Those tips have seen many battles. :bigsmile_face:

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The $999 vs $99 Challenge Tour!