Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Universal IEM for best midrange(vocals) w/removable cables budget $600
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Universal IEM for best midrange(vocals) w/removable cables budget $600 - Page 2

post #16 of 20
Thread Starter 

Thanks for the info. Email out to Aurisonics as well. Since I have a few weeks or so before I place an order, I can wait for info via email. Right now, lead choices are ASG-2, V6 and Heir 5.0. Can anyone who has any of these and the LCD-2s tell me how the compare to them amped? Thanks for the responses so far, guys

post #17 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by oopsydaisy View Post

Thanks for the info. Email out to Aurisonics as well. Since I have a few weeks or so before I place an order, I can wait for info via email. Right now, lead choices are ASG-2, V6 and Heir 5.0. Can anyone who has any of these and the LCD-2s tell me how the compare to them amped? Thanks for the responses so far, guys

 

I own a TTVJ Slim, but I'm selling it now because it hisses quite a bit with my FitEar F111s. The F111s are exceptionally sensitive to hiss though, so I'm not sure if your options are as sensitive to hiss, but keep that in mind if that might bother you. I would also say you should consider the F111s, as they are quite easily the best IEMs I've ever used. They could be a bit bright for you though, but the midrange is really quite amazing.

post #18 of 20
Thread Starter 

I've used my TTVJ Slim with many headphones and haven't heard any hiss, so I'd guess it's the F111s. Whoever gets that Slim will be very happy indeed. Good luck on the sale. Since I'm not getting rid of my Slim anytime soon, I'll have to cross the F111s off my list. Thanks for the recommendation, though.

post #19 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by oopsydaisy View Post

I've used my TTVJ Slim with many headphones and haven't heard any hiss, so I'd guess it's the F111s. Whoever gets that Slim will be very happy indeed. Good luck on the sale. Since I'm not getting rid of my Slim anytime soon, I'll have to cross the F111s off my list. Thanks for the recommendation, though.

 

Keep in mind though that usually hiss is not a problem with headphones, but with IEMs, it's a lot more of an issue (due to sensitivity and isolation). I know that Westones hiss too.

post #20 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeroicPenguin View Post

 

Keep in mind though that usually hiss is not a problem with headphones, but with IEMs, it's a lot more of an issue (due to sensitivity and isolation). I know that Westones hiss too.

im going to say hiss is going to greatly depend on a few variables. one would be if you are using a amp, a noisy amp could cause hiss or background noise, higher end amps in my expierence dont have any hiss, imaging is pitch black and no floor noise. the other is if you are using cheap line out docks for a ipod for instance. the signal may not be as clean as  a higher end LOD causing noise from unclean signal.

 

you are right hissing is caused by sensitivity of IEM's for instance the 535 can be pretty sensitive to amplifiers. personally i have no hiss or floor noise with my w4r. although i feel they are slightly harder to drive than a 535. but im also not using any cheap counterparts. straight out of a ipod maybe you would hear noise. or with a cheap amp

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Universal IEM for best midrange(vocals) w/removable cables budget $600