Originally Posted by DrSheep
What do you use to play your music? I am guessing it might also be a memory cache issue with the software, or your harddrive is not fast enough. I think you should try the following:
- try to use different software to play the same set of songs and see if you are getting those skips.
- take note of when and where the skip happenes. Sometimes when downloading from itunes or torrent, the file might not out back exactly as the original and will cause skips.
- try playing from a USB stick or SSD, and if it still skips, then it will not be a problem with the harddrive.
- is there anyway you can try using optical connections?
Good luck debugging.
1. Since I just pulled it out of the box and plugged it in, all I had was YouTube, iTunes, WinAmp, etc... It has a 500gig drive with a 32gig SSD and was skipping pretty bad off the bat (Internal speakers) , but its gotten A LOT better but like I said above, I am getting solid yellow bars on the latency test I did this morning before walking out the door so I didn't have much time to diagnose...
2. At its worse every 2-3 seconds, now its not often but can still happen. I need to mess with it more to find the connection to what I am doing to when it will skip or if its totally random
3. Will try but I suspect same issue.
4. I have a Turtle Beach Micro II with optical out I can try... other than that, its just my Fiio E10 DAC/Amp