Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › mp3 player with built in amp for JH11 pro
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

mp3 player with built in amp for JH11 pro

post #1 of 11
Thread Starter 
Guys,

I just ordered my JH11 pro today. I was going to play music from my iphone 5 with spotify, but I appreciate that I wont get the best out of my JH11 pros. Im looking for and mp3 player with built in amp for about £160 ($250) to start using flac files or at least 320 kbps.

Any suggestions guys?

Thanks
post #2 of 11
The soon to be released FiiO X3. It is built around the FiiO E17 DAC and headphone amp: http://www.head-fi.org/t/651769/fiio-x3-thread-full-review-http-www-head-fi-org-t-663600-impression-fiio-x3-high-fi-low-price
post #3 of 11
Thread Starter 
I had come across it before, but I was a little unsure because of the lack of reviews and such. Any idea when the relese date is? Nothing definitive on the net that I can find.

Would the x3 be the obviouse no brainier to go for?

Thanks
post #4 of 11
July for US. Last July/early August for international. MP4Nation has a preorder special right now that includes free headphones. There is also a small discount coupon. Skim the last couple of weeks of that thread for more info.

I think it would be a good choice. Under $200 (from MP4Nation) for the E17 with a DAP built in smily_headphones1.gif And I did order one biggrin.gif
post #5 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by edyeded View Post

Guys,

I just ordered my JH11 pro today. I was going to play music from my iPhone 5 with spotify, but I appreciate that I wont get the best out of my JH11 pros. I'm looking for and mp3 player with built in amp for about £160 ($250) to start using FLAC files or at least 320 kbps.
 

Sony E465 music player.

Not sure if it plays FLAC, but I picked up a used E465 for $70, works fine for me.

post #6 of 11
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by cel4145 View Post

July for US. Last July/early August for international. MP4Nation has a preorder special right now that includes free headphones. There is also a small discount coupon. Skim the last couple of weeks of that thread for more info.

I think it would be a good choice. Under $200 (from MP4Nation) for the E17 with a DAP built in smily_headphones1.gif And I did order one biggrin.gif

Oh nice. I think Im heading in that direction too. I'll prob get one just as soon as I pay my JH11s off frown.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleAngel View Post

Sony E465 music player.
Not sure if it plays FLAC, but I picked up a used E465 for $70, works fine for me.

No i dont think it plays flac. as far as Im aware, it doesnt have a built in amp either?

thanks for the suggestion though.
post #7 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by edyeded View Post

No i dont think it plays flac. as far as Im aware, it doesnt have a built in amp either?

thanks for the suggestion though.

All DAPs have built in headphone amps. Even phones. It's just the difference in quality smily_headphones1.gif
post #8 of 11
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by cel4145 View Post

All DAPs have built in headphone amps. Even phones. It's just the difference in quality smily_headphones1.gif

Ha, my noobness shines through yet again!

Thanks for the correction! tongue.gif
post #9 of 11
post #10 of 11
Thread Starter 
Yea, after reading around, I think im going to go for the the x3. It'll have to be in a months time though...I've just upgraded my j11 pro purchase to a jh16 pro...doh! smily_headphones1.gif
post #11 of 11

One thing with the X3 is that battery life looks like it might only be around 11 hours or so. This might change though, as there was some mention of a new firmware for it. I am hoping that there would be a way to operate it in a low power output mode so that it could get much greater run time.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › mp3 player with built in amp for JH11 pro