Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Best looking headphones?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Best looking headphones? - Page 3

post #31 of 44
I really love the look of the ATH M50. If only they sounded like they look.
I like the idea of Momentums but I dislike the design. They look terribly gimicky. The V Modas look like a 1337 gamer alienware headset, definitely not something I'd like to own.
post #32 of 44
I'm a fan of the AT woodies.
I don't like any of the senns all that much, or hifimans for that matter.
post #33 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orkboy View Post

I really love the look of the ATH M50. If only they sounded like they look.
I like the idea of Momentums but I dislike the design. They look terribly gimicky. The V Modas look like a 1337 gamer alienware headset, definitely not something I'd like to own.

 

How do you think the M50 should sound? To me they look like a practical, no-nonsense studio monitor with neutral-ish sound that's very revealing of treble flaws in a recording, and that's exactly what they sound like. I also didn't like the V-Moda look to begin with but they've been growing on me. I definitely prefer a classy, elegant design like the Sony 1R than the grungy, indie design of the V-Moda though.

 

Speaking of Alienware, am I the only one who finds "gamer" PC cases hideous? Maybe it's because I'm not a gamer... but I would never want one of those ugly gaming cases in my house. The HP Elite series cases, on the other hand... ah, elegance!
post #34 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by GL1TCH3D View Post

I'm a fan of the AT woodies.
I don't like any of the senns all that much, or hifimans for that matter.

 

The flagship WX000 series are beautiful, as were the old Denon DX000 series. I don't mind the HD600/650 look, but I don't like any of the other Senns either.
post #35 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueangel2323 View Post

How do you think the M50 should sound? To me they look like a practical, no-nonsense studio monitor with neutral-ish sound that's very revealing of treble flaws in a recording, and that's exactly what they sound like. I also didn't like the V-Moda look to begin with but they've been growing on me. I definitely prefer a classy, elegant design like the Sony 1R than the grungy, indie design of the V-Moda though.

Speaking of Alienware, am I the only one who finds "gamer" PC cases hideous? Maybe it's because I'm not a gamer... but I would never want one of those ugly gaming cases in my house. The HP Elite series cases, on the other hand... ah, elegance!

It's not so much about how I think they should sound rather than how I would like them to sound. They're much too V shaped for me, I like a mid forward sound. When I say "if only they sounded like they look" I mean if only they pleased my ears as much as they please my eyes. I wasn't trying to say that their sound signature doesn't fit their aesthetic style.
Edited by Orkboy - 7/24/13 at 10:07am
post #36 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lappong99 View Post

dt880
+1
post #37 of 44

I'd say audeze's and the fidelio x1 are the best looking headphones at the moment. Both companies really nailed it with the design

post #38 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookingforIEMs View Post

V moda m80 & m100s *in heaven*


I agree

post #39 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanamaHat View Post

I'd say audeze's and the fidelio x1 are the best looking headphones at the moment. Both companies really nailed it with the design


I agree with you on the X1 but not the audeze.  I also agree about the M100 that the other poster mentioned.

post #40 of 44

I like the 7keys P100 flats.

 

post #41 of 44

koss porta pro = retro sex sppeal

post #42 of 44
Wow the amperior looks damn good
post #43 of 44

woodied headphones and in particular, smeggy's thunderpants.

Those things are beautiful 

post #44 of 44

My favourite looking headphones are by Marshall, not sure of the exact name, but they are really cool. Here is a link from the place I'm gonna get 'em. Anyone know if I can get them cheaper anywhere else? http://www.hifi-tower.co.uk/Marshall-Major-White-Headphones-with-Hands-Free-Speakerphone-Mic_i7033.htm

 

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Best looking headphones?