After trying an MDR-V6 at a Sony outlet store, I fell in love with the set for its price, since it seems to outperform absolutely any pair of headphones that I've used (including sets that I've demoed at various hi-fi stores like Audio Technicas and that one B&W set), ever, and at an unexpectedly low price point.
Now, the V6 is selling for $79 on Amazon (3rd party seller... a bit dodgy), while the 7506 is going for $77 (direct from Amazon). Are these prices good, and is the "upgrade" to go with the 7506 really an upgrade? How do they compare?
At a glance, what do these mean?
- 5Hz - 30kHz vs 10Hz - 20kHz... How big is the difference?
- Common v. individual grounds, and the effect that it has on the sound?
- Samarium cobalt v. neodymium magnets, and the effect that it has on the sound?
- Overall sound quality and differences between the two?
- The only thing that I really know is the gold-plated jack :P.
If it helps, the applications aren't particularly elaborate...yet. Currently, my gear is my computer (Asus Z87-DELUXE's onboard sound), Samsung Galaxy S GT-i9000 (Wolfson WM8994) and my Galaxy S4 GT-i9505 (Snapdragon 600 onboard).
Edited by randomalt - 7/15/13 at 5:34pm