Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Want new headphones $350 budget
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Want new headphones $350 budget

post #1 of 12
Thread Starter 
Hi guys/girls, this is my first post here, as you can tell from the title im looking for some new Headphones below $350, ok so first i will tell you what i currently have, i have the Harman Kardon CL, they are good, but i finnd them to be to forward sonding, and there is to much sibblince in the vocals, thats what bugs me the most about these, i was looking at either the V-Moda M100, Bowers & Wilkins P5, Sennheiser Momentum, and the Harman Kardon BT, i would like a smooth sound, no sibblince, it has to have bass, not to much though. My listening habbits are mostly Rap, but i do listen to other types of music also including, Rock, Jazz ECT... Any help will be appreciated. Thank You
post #2 of 12
Have you ever tried the Creative Aurvana Live?
post #3 of 12

Similar topic you might find useful in your search:

 

Best headphones for hip hop/rap for 300$

At least you have a starting point of what you like.


Edited by AmbientK - 7/14/13 at 2:32pm
post #4 of 12
Thread Starter 

No i have not, i will look them up, Thanks for the comment.

post #5 of 12
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmbientK View Post

Similar topic you might find useful in your search:

 

Best headphones for hip hop/rap for 300$

At least you have a starting point of what you like.

Great thanks alot, i will look into that. 

post #6 of 12
Thread Starter 

Ive also used the Klipsch Image One ii, they had way to much bass, and sounded muffled.

post #7 of 12
You could a lot worse than a 2nd hand pair of Westone 4's from another Head-Fier. They would be in good condition and give you an excellent IEM at a very nice price.
The W4 are not only smooth but can do controlled bass even if they do have a bit of a mid bass hump. I dont find it as bad as people make out and there are multiple happy owners here.
My 2ps worth.
post #8 of 12
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinth View Post

You could a lot worse than a 2nd hand pair of Westone 4's from another Head-Fier. They would be in good condition and give you an excellent IEM at a very nice price.
The W4 are not only smooth but can do controlled bass even if they do have a bit of a mid bass hump. I dont find it as bad as people make out and there are multiple happy owners here.
My 2ps worth.

Thanks, i will look at them, but i should mention im looking for a pair of On-Ear/Over-Ear Headphones.

post #9 of 12

Check out this thread, it may prove helpful, or at least may get some more possibilities on your radar: http://www.head-fi.org/t/433318/shootout-107-portable-headphones-reviewed-astrotec-as-100hd-as-200hd-added-12-02-12

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinth View Post

You could a lot worse than a 2nd hand pair of Westone 4's from another Head-Fier. They would be in good condition and give you an excellent IEM at a very nice price.
The W4 are not only smooth but can do controlled bass even if they do have a bit of a mid bass hump. I dont find it as bad as people make out and there are multiple happy owners here.
My 2ps worth.

Who says the W4s are bad? Any chance you can shed some light on this? 

(reason I'm asking is because I'm looking into getting the W3/4s)

post #10 of 12
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by StopDropNTroll View Post

Check out this thread, it may prove helpful, or at least may get some more possibilities on your radar: http://www.head-fi.org/t/433318/shootout-107-portable-headphones-reviewed-astrotec-as-100hd-as-200hd-added-12-02-12

 

 

Who says the W4s are bad? Any chance you can shed some light on this? 

(reason I'm asking is because I'm looking into getting the W3/4s)

WOW great link. THANKS

post #11 of 12

Out of the ones you listed, the Momentum is a match. The only qualm some have about them, is that the pads are kind of small for over-ears. So depending on your ear size, they could be uncomfortable.

 

I think a solid can that may be the sound you want in the Audio Technica M50. They're a very popular over-ear and studio quality headphone that sound good with most genres, especially pop, hip hop, rock, etc. A new pair can be had for under $160 and there are used ones on the classified forum on head-fi for less than $100.

 

They'd at least be a great place to start and give you a frame of reference to make comparisons with.

 

Cheers, 

Joe

post #12 of 12
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeDoe View Post

Out of the ones you listed, the Momentum is a match. The only qualm some have about them, is that the pads are kind of small for over-ears. So depending on your ear size, they could be uncomfortable.

 

I think a solid can that may be the sound you want in the Audio Technica M50. They're a very popular over-ear and studio quality headphone that sound good with most genres, especially pop, hip hop, rock, etc. A new pair can be had for under $160 and there are used ones on the classified forum on head-fi for less than $100.

 

They'd at least be a great place to start and give you a frame of reference to make comparisons with.

 

Cheers, 

Joe

Thank you, yea that the one gripe i hear about the Momentums, i have the Sennheiser HD 202, so i will call and see if the ear cups are the same size. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Want new headphones $350 budget