Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Dt + bottlehead or he-400?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Dt + bottlehead or he-400?

post #1 of 6
Thread Starter 
Should I buy an he-400 or buy a dt990 + bottlehead crack with speedball upgrade? Assuming both headphones would get enough amping, which would provide an overall better sound quality?
post #2 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimzerz View Post

Should I buy an he-400 or buy a dt990 + bottlehead crack with speedball upgrade? Assuming both headphones would get enough amping, which would provide an overall better sound quality?

Is that buy the Bottlehead with either headphone or just with the DT990?

 

I would guess(?) the HE-400 would offer a better over all sound and I would think the DT990 would offer more bass, but I'm just guessing.

post #3 of 6
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleAngel View Post

Is that buy the Bottlehead with either headphone or just with the DT990?

I would guess(?) the HE-400 would offer a better over all sound and I would think the DT990 would offer more bass, but I'm just guessing.
The dt990 only for bottlehead. As the pros are much cheaper than the he400.
post #4 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimzerz View Post

The dt990 only for bottlehead. As the pros are much cheaper than the he400.

What would you use to drive the HE-400?

post #5 of 6
Thread Starter 
Probably a schiit magni
post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimzerz View Post

Probably a Schiit Magni

Try asking about the HE-400 on this thread, some HE-400 owner might also own the DT990 Pro 250-Ohm.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/604583/hifiman-he-400-impressions-and-discussion-thread


Edited by PurpleAngel - 7/12/13 at 8:26pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Dt + bottlehead or he-400?