Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The new and improved NuForce NE-700M, NE-650M.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The new and improved NuForce NE-700M, NE-650M. - Page 2

post #16 of 62

If that last bit on improved sound quality is true, then I wonder how ljokerl would find this new and improved version.

 

Dsnuts, have you heard the original NE-700?

 

There are some testimonials here that comment on the improved sound quality of the newer version. One of the reviews is from someone who has both the original and the improved version and has this to say:

 

Quote:
New version of NE-700M undoubtedly sounded a lot better than the old version. I played the vocal oriented album 烟花三月 by 童丽, new version of NE-700M has much higher clarity and vocal texture than the old version. The clarity is quite nice and I have to say that instrument separate nicely.
I am happy with the first trial, I played What about this,Mr. Paganini album by Bach,Veracini,Paganini and the violin sounded great and fuller on the new version of NE-700M. Detail in the violin is better from the newer version,  well I will probably said newer version of NE-700M has much more ‘energy’ and ‘presentation’ in sound than the older version.
So I played some tracks such as 渡口 by Tsai Chin, bass slammed with bigger body and deeper for the NE-700M (New) than the old version. Bass and high probably is some complaint that I made in the last review,  but bass has been solved in the NE-700M (New), though I have to say the quality is not particularly great or extraordinary but the improvement is significant. And yes, when I consider the price point of NE-700M, I can’t complain anything and think that performance of this IEM is really beyond the price point.
Old version (left) Vs New version (Right)

Old version (left) Vs New version (Right)

How about the high then? I played Terminator 2 From Super Bass Test Album, from the first track it is already quite bad for the NE-700M (Old) , I can’t really enjoy this, it lacks the energy and speed that will be appropriate for this song track, and lack the treble response. How about the performance of the new version of NE-700M then? Well, from the first note, the different is already apparent, the positioning and imaging is better in the newer version, treble response is also nicer, however I still think that treble can be improved further, but nothing to complain, I am a treble happy guy so if you didn’t like some treble in the song, then it is okay, but for me even the new version of NE-700M is somehow lacking in the high frequency. Fortunately, I can feel a lot better of energy and bass response in the new version. This is so great, the speed is faster as well. Bass is punchier, more impact and body, also deeper in the newer version.

Edited by PeterDLai - 7/17/13 at 5:49pm
post #17 of 62

I am listening to the newer version as well (never heard the older version) and I'd have to say this earphone sounds fantastic.  The bass is absolutely addicting.  I will be comparing it to the Basso's in a couple of days but from memory, these have more energy and is less smooth in a good way.  

post #18 of 62
Thread Starter 

Never heard the older version but the way Joker describes the sound it is almost exactly how the new NE-650 sounds like. A big bass boost a mild hump. Not as clean or defined as the NE-700M..

 

I wish NuForce just renamed the improved earphones to be something else. Like what they did for the redesigned NE-600. Which turned out to be the NE-650.. They should have named the new versions something like a NE-750. To add to that confusion there is a Nuforce NE-770X. Lol.

post #19 of 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsnuts View Post

I wish NuForce just renamed the improved earphones to be something else. Like what they did for the redesigned NE-600. Which turned out to be the NE-650.. They should have named the new versions something like a NE-750. To add to that confusion there is a Nuforce NE-770X. Lol.

 

Yeah, all the more confusing because the polycarbonate body NE-770X is lower tier than the machined aluminum chassis NE-700* (supposedly has the same driver but without the titanium coating).

post #20 of 62
Thread Starter 

Without that coating. I bet there is some degradation in the sound and bass not as fast or as tight. Just a guess but titanium drivers have been used by other manufacturers with great success. Ultrasone and Koss to name a few. Not to mention what metal housing does for earphones.. I am somewhat curious to hear the NE-770X but I know they won't be as good as the NE-700X. Thanks for bringing the older to newer sound difference to light Peter. It is good to know these are improved more than just the build qualities.


Edited by Dsnuts - 7/17/13 at 7:34pm
post #21 of 62
Thread Starter 

I like this color.

 

Oh man. Definitely.

post #22 of 62

^ me thinks the bronze color looks much better, mo' classy. I need that bling meng. cool.gif

post #23 of 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfwalcer View Post

^ me thinks the bronze color looks much better, mo' classy. I need that bling meng. cool.gif

Maybe so (we all gotta have our eye-candy somewhere), but I've heard both and the silver(No-mic) version has slightly better sound. Especially around the mids.

Absolutely agree on the fun factor on these IEMs, very versatile and fits most pop songs very well,I tested them with a low-mid res version of FOB's Phoenix and while there was some sibilance(mostly because of the terrible source) I enjoyed them much more than I should for an "objective" test hearing session.
Edited by Exesteils - 7/17/13 at 10:04pm
post #24 of 62
Thread Starter 

The sound has a good mix of stuff that is done right. I like the tonality of the phones..The review pair got a real good workout and they improved a solid amount from open box.. I remember the mid bass standing out on a few tracks more so than usual. The week of full burn in gets rid of bass inconsistency smooths out the sound and cleans up the treble a bit. The mids sound cleaner because of burn in too..These definitely benefit from burn in.

post #25 of 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exesteils View Post

Maybe so(we all gotta have our eye-candy somewhere), but I've heard both and the silver(No-mic) version has slightly better sound. Especially around the mids.

 

Just curious... how did you have the ability to hear both the M and X versions? blink.gif

post #26 of 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterDLai View Post

Just curious... how did you have the ability to hear both the M and X versions? blink.gif

Local reseller is an old friend of mine and his asked to meet up so he can show me his new toys(I believe he said both pairs already had 50+ hours of burn-in done). I only had them for 15mins but that^^ ,up there, was my impression of it.
post #27 of 62

not a true basshead, but SUBBED to another DS hypebiggrin.gif!

post #28 of 62

For those interested, you can use the Best Offer option on this eBay listing to get the NE-700X for $50 shipped. Those in California or Kentucky will have to pay sales tax, however: CA(9.0%), KY(6.0%).

 

You can try offering a lower price, but you only have 3 Best Offer chances before it locks you out for this listing. The accept/decline response seems to be instant and automatic, so the retailer probably has a set lowest price they will sell it for.

 

They also have the NE-700M available, but I'm not sure what they will accept as a Best Offer for those. They have them on their actual website for $59.99.

 

Just as a warning, their description on the NE-700X (in aqua silver color) is wrong as it will NOT have the in-line microphone and control. If you want that feature, you have to get the NE-700M (smoky bronze color only).


Edited by PeterDLai - 7/18/13 at 7:56pm
post #29 of 62

The funny thing is I asked the seller about NE-700X-SE he said it does come with a in-line mic.
But for safety I ordered NE-700M-SE.
 

post #30 of 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterDLai View Post

For those interested, you can use the Best Offer option on this eBay listing to get the NE-700X for $50 shipped. Those in California or Kentucky will have to pay sales tax, however: CA(9.0%), KY(6.0%).

 

You can try offering a lower price, but you only have 3 Best Offer chances before it locks you out for this listing. The accept/decline response seems to be instant and automatic, so the retailer probably has a set lowest price they will sell it for.

 

They also have the NE-700M available, but I'm not sure what they will accept as a Best Offer for those. They have them on their actual website for $59.99.

 

Just as a warning, their description on the NE-700X (in aqua silver color) is wrong as it will NOT have the in-line microphone and control. If you want that feature, you have to get the NE-700M (smoky bronze color only).

Are you sure that this is the new and improved version?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › The new and improved NuForce NE-700M, NE-650M.