Like many people, I am a fan of Audio GD gear, and would really love to buy a PCM1704UK based DAC and balanced amp, but it's just too expensive. By the time you add a balanced amp, Audio GD's current cheapest option is $1,308 plus shipping, PayPal, and any upgrades you may want, bringing your total to $1400-$1500. It's still a great value, but for many of us, it's just too much. Audio GD has never made an all in one unit with this chip, except the current Reference 10.32, but that's even more money. It's still a great value, it's just too much. To make the problem worse, Audio GD gear using this chip RARELY shows up for sale, so used gear really isn't an option. I've had a wanted ad posted for 3 months now, and well, I still don't have what I want(!).
For the past couple of years I have asked Kingwa to make an all in one unit based on the PCM1704, but he has not. So, I am taking matters in to my own hands now, because I think lots of people will buy this if he makes it. So, let's prove me right!
PLEASE cast your vote, it's free!! =)
- 4 pieces PCM1704UK (not 8, to save cost)
- ACSS, TCXO, USB 32
- use only one R core transformer to save cost
- use chassis from NFB-10ES because it has lots of space and looks nice?
- use chassis from latest NFB10, with remote control?
- optical, coax, USB inputs - only 1 each?
- ACSS, XLR, RCA outputs
- single ended and balanced headphone out
- DSP version 5?
- Fully discrete, NO SMD parts!
- Cost: maybe $1000 USD?
Edited by mk351e - 7/9/13 at 4:02pm