- 1,569 Posts. Joined 12/2007
- Location: Germany
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser MOMENTUMtagged by System, 7/9/13
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for portable, over-ear closed headphones, under $200 Last post on 5/22/15 at 12:38pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Sennheiser Momentum Headphones (Brown) Last post on 5/20/15 at 3:27pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Why is the Sennheiser Momentum is consirderd really good headphones when the spec is weak? Last post on 9/8/15 at 6:17pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Senn Momentums, lateral upgrade or ? Last post on 3/5/15 at 7:03am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Sennheiser Wireless Momentums Last post on 2/24/16 at 2:40pm in Headphones (full-size)
Ok I have been using a pair of these for several years. I logged on because there are way too many positive reviews of these things. Firstly: everything I mix on these is significantly...
Never thought this day would come but I guess blunders are inevitable. There is no denying the Beyerdynamic T5p is one attractive looking Headphone, I think it's among the most beautiful and...
I didn't have much expectations when i ordered this headphone from GearBest back in january 2016..it took around 3 weeks to arrive and the packaging was simple. The moment i unpacked the box i got...
Note: I bought the Trinity Phantom Sabre in the pre-order period for ~75€. The Value rating is based on the full retail price of around 150€. Manufacturer website:...
Bluedio Vinyl Plus Bluetooth Headphone Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to Bluedio for the sample. Full review...
Sennheiser Momentum On-Ear headphones unveiled - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Interesting, didn't see these coming. I like the new color schemes and wish the original Momentums had the same options. In the end though, the originals will probably be a better buy for the audiophile crowd here on HF. Funny a lot of reviewers consider the originals to be On-Ear as well.
Ironic, to see people refer to a new model of Sennheiser headphones as "unveiled" (as in post-veiled, mayhaps?).
According to the OP's review, that same combination will be available for the on-ear model in the winter season:
These form the Momentum On-Ear’s summer shades, with a winter collection teased by Sennheiser for later this year.
The ‘winter’ collection will likely include black and red colours a little closer in style to the original Momentum headphones, so you may want to hold fire if initially cheery colours aren’t gloomy enough for your tastes.
§ § § § § §
Everything I've read suggests this model is more comfortable than the original Momentums. Another reviewer mentioned one might "look like a prat" wearing them, but he seemed to be talking about all on-ear headphones (and perhaps the shape of his own recalcitrant skull).
The sound, however, is another consideration.
Edited by scrypt - 8/1/13 at 7:58am
Well, I have the original "Over-ear" Momentum's on the way... If I decide to get one of these on-ears, I'll definitely chime in. Right now, the most comfortable on-ears I've tried are the new-ish KEF M500s and still after 3 hours it begins to hurt... (I use glasses, and spend most of my work day with headphones on ;))
Hey guys, this headphone just arrived recently in my hometown and I was surprised when I try the demo set( not yet burn-in). I can compare Momentum On-Ear to V-Moda Crossfade M-80 and Beats HD Solo which I think in the same league of Bass heavy headphone," Yes The Bass in On-Ear Momentum is very very Heavy and elevated". Firstly, The kind of impression that I get from it is that " Oh I'm there", it feels as if you're there in the live perfomance, very INVOLVING, and IMMERSIVE but those Basshead out there will be more than satisfied as the Bass quality of the Momentum does not muddled up the rest of the range(mids and highs) instead they are cooperating. Moreover, the clarity is almost as good as the big brother Over-Ear style( I have one and been using for a year) and the sound signature of Over-Ear Momentum is more towards warm sounding and similar to HD650 in sound quality.However, the On-Ear Momentum is heading towards the dark sounding of V-Moda M-80. Furthermore,In comparison to Beats Solo HD which is slightly more expensive, I think the Momentum are far much better in terms of sound quality. The Bass is very solid in Momentum and you can feel the hair at the back of your neck is standing and it has a sufficient separation despite the Bass elevated signature. I can conclude that On-Ear Momentum is aiming towards Bassheads". In terms of Comfort, I think the On-Ear Momentum is the most comfortable on-ear headphone I have ever put on my head,it is far more comfortable than the Big Brother Over-Ear. However, I might warn those people out there with Big heads to probably try this headphone before ordering this as the headphone is rather small and the adjustable sliding metal at the side is rather short and I can see that its towards the end when I'm using the headphone( my head can be considered as rather slightly big). The controltalk is made of plastic and very light, so the connector but a huge plus there because they are very light. Surprisingly, I think this headphone is very stylish and sleek without being obnoxious. In Conclusion, I think Sennheiser Momentum On-Ear is a true winner for the design, comfort, and sound quality as well as price. If I have to choose between HD Solo, M-80 and Momentum On-Ear. I would grab the Momentum at the same price point. I like the sound quality of M-80 but again the comfort of On-Ear momentum just give me a huge plus there. And guys you must try this! I am more than satisfied to grab one of this for my portable headphone.
Edited by iSennheiser - 8/2/13 at 1:25am
Completely agree with this! The bass is very aggressive. It is really surprising given that the original Momentum is such a laid back can.
- Sennheiser Momentum On-Ear headphones unveiled
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 6 seconds ago
- › Shozy Cygnus Official Thread 1 minute ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 1 minute ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › 6922 Tube Review - 17 Top 6922 6N23P E88CC CCa 7308 E188CC tubes 2 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 3 minutes ago
- › Can an amp damage a pair of IEMs, and how? 4 minutes ago
- › Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 4 minutes ago
- › Shure SRH840 by haroldtheboss
- › Beyerdynamic T5p by MrTechAgent
- › Xiaomi Piston Colorful Starter Edition by aNtzE
- › Trinity Audio Engineering - PHANTOM SABRE by FUYU
- › Bluedio Vinyl Plus Luxury Wireless Bluetooth Headphones(Black) by mark2410
- › 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and... by ostewart
- › Philips Fidelio S2 by Jemuillot
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by ryanjsoo
- › Cambridge Audio Azur DacMagic Plus by hankaberle
- › Accutone Pavo by Cinder
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...