Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser MOMENTUMtagged by System, 7/9/13
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for portable, over-ear closed headphones, under $200 Last post on 5/22/15 at 12:38pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Sennheiser Momentum Headphones (Brown) Last post on 5/20/15 at 3:27pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Why is the Sennheiser Momentum is consirderd really good headphones when the spec is weak? Last post on 2/8/15 at 10:24pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Senn Momentums, lateral upgrade or ? Last post on 3/5/15 at 7:03am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Sennheiser Wireless Momentums Last post on 1/26/15 at 3:39am in Headphones (full-size)
Sennheiser Momentum On-Ear headphones unveiled
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Here's the press release!
Design for the senses – quality for individualists
The new MOMENTUM On-Ear from Sennheiser
Wedemark, 9 July 2013 – Quality, substance and value: audio specialist Sennheiser developed the MOMENTUM headphones for people who prize these properties – and who refuse to compromise on sound or design. Equipped with high-quality audio technology and finished with the finest materials, the MOMENTUM unites form and function like no other headphones. Now Sennheiser is introducing the MOMENTUM On-Ear. This smaller, on-ear version makes it possible to define your personal style with a range of contemporary colours.
The MOMENTUM On-Ear is a new addition to the MOMENTUM family, adding a dash of colour to the Sennheiser product range. The headphones are available in four fresh shades – distinct looks selected by an international team of designers and trend scouts. In blue, green, pink and ivory, their perfect combination of sound and style is every bit as impressive as the rest of the MOMENTUM range.
Katrin Huss, Director of Customer Relationship Management at Sennheiser comments: “The new MOMENTUM On-Ear embodies an urban style that’s focused on high performance and the finest materials – on style and substance. They are the perfect choice for those who demand top quality and want to express this through their own personal style.”
High-quality audio technology and the finest materials
The MOMENTUM On-Ear headphones stand out for their minimalist design, but also for the tangibly high quality of their materials and workmanship. The ear pads and headband have been finished in Alcantara®, a high-tech material produced in Italy. As a result of its unique combination of suppleness, durability and breathable comfort, this luxury material is valued by fashion designers and interior designers alike. As with all other models in the MOMENTUM family, the headband of the MOMENTUM On-Ear is made of stainless steel.
The sound of these headphones is also clear and uncompromising, creating a sound experience in which even the tiniest details can be heard. Equipped with high-end 18-ohm transducers, MOMENTUM On-Ear guarantees full stereo sound with a slight bass emphasis in a frequency range from 16 to 22,000 Hz. Thanks to their closed, on-ear design, these headphones isolate the listener from external noise to ensure a great listening experience on the move – even in noisy urban environments.
Perfection in every detail
MOMENTUM On-Ear headphones feature a single-sided detachable cable with convenient in-line remote and microphone for Apple iDevices, for easy control of music playback and to make and receive calls on the go.
The new member of the MOMENTUM family is available in the colours blue, green, pink and ivory at selected retailers from summer 2013.
Hi Rosmadi! Thx for revealling the new on-ear momentum in various Colour!
When will it be available in Singapore and how much will it cost?
I Am quite disappointed with my Brown Momentum because it looks old and ugly to me tough it sounds good!
I hope you will release the Over-Ear Momentum with more colours as well !
And Thank you for releasing this, No credit for my feedback? haha I am totally Joking!
I have been shouting in this forum and you finally release this colorful Momentum!
hey the world, Behold!
Wow didn't see that coming.. alcantara even! Always wanted a non-leather variant, never would have thought it would come true.
Hope it reaches New Zealand soon!
If the original Momentum sound is anything to go by, and isolation and price is good, then I'm sold. I want a white one! :)
Edited by burgoc02 - 7/9/13 at 4:52am
According to the Sennheiser website these on-ear momentums have 0.4 MORE newtons of clamping pressure - Hopefully these new 'alcantara' (artificial suede leather) earpads will be super comfy.
Which has been done over and over again by other brands previously.
I think Sennheiser only released black and red as a crowd pleaser when brown didn't sell well to young people.
It's going to be 199 MSRP or about the same price range with Beats Solo and V-Moda M-80.. Here's the new challenger i guess..
When will it be release in Asia? Speficially Singapore. I will be the first to buy thanks.
I wonder if that's because it's on-ear (usually means worse seal), or different ear pad material OR just a slightly lower spec driver.
Could be all three.
- Sennheiser Momentum On-Ear headphones unveiled
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 57 seconds ago
- › Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM... 1 minute ago
- › Looking for closed back headphones and DAP for music listening and... 2 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-A900X Thread. :) 3 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 6 minutes ago
- › How to choose considering sound fatigue? 9 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 10 minutes ago
- › Schiit we'd like to see 10 minutes ago
- › Let's Discuss Your Raspberry Pi Setups 11 minutes ago
- › THE best female vocals? (your favorite female singers) 12 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz Jive by thatBeatsguy
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by areek
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by acain
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by chowmein83
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by Cotnijoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by ClieOS
- › Shozy Lancea mini dac amplifier 24bit/192khz for Android/iOS/PC/iPhone by peter123
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by muxamed
- › Creative Sound Blaster E3 Headphone Amplifier by Bansaku
- › Astell&Kern AK380 Ultimate High Fidelity Portable Music Player by piercer
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2