Greetings Head-Fi audiophiles!
Newbie here, I'm looking to buy a new pair of headphones and I was wondering if you guys could help me find the perfect fit!
The headphones will be mostly utilized for music, and also a little bit of gaming (non-fps type, so positioning and such aren't an important factor).
- Budget - ~200-250$. HARD CAP: 300$
- Source - Mixing (Macbook Air '12), Music (iPhone 5/Macbook)
- Preferred type of headphones - Either full-sized or on-ears, PORTABLE if possible
- Preferred music - A LOT of electro/house (e.g. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LX2SkUeLo5k), some hip-hop, some rap, a little bit of classical.
- Location - Canada. intl. shipping sucks :(
I've been looking through reviews and the following headphones caught my eye:
- Audio-Technica ATH-AD900x or ATH-AD900
- Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 80 ohm
- Audio-Technica ATH-M50
- Creative Aurvana Live
There's a store in my city that sells the M50s and the DT770s pro 80 for 179$ each. Would it be better to order online or buy it from there?
I also have a couple of questions if you guys don't mind:
- I'm starting to learn how to mix/make electro-house music, so would it be preferable to get closed headphones? What about isolation?
- Should I bother getting an AMP if I plan on starting to produce music? If so, which one? (I've seen the FiiO E10/E11 being suggested a lot)
- What are the differences between 25 ohm, 80 ohm, 250 ohm, etc.?
- I also plan on learning how to DJ. For those who have experience in this domain, which mixer do you suggest for a newbie?
Thank you for your time, I'll try my best to start learning about audio and become an active member of this forum!