New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

PHILADELPHIA area meet October 26th, 2013 - Page 7  

post #91 of 240
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taowolf51 View Post
 

 

Sounds like fun, any specific place you have in mind?

 

(Hope it's Jim's!)

 

I always used to love some of the south-street joints, but I'm sure MUCH has changed since college, so I'll leave it to the local pros...  

post #92 of 240

Fantastic, I've wanted to listen to a pair of Mad Dogs for awhile now.

post #93 of 240

Are these meets open to anyone?

post #94 of 240

Count me in. Not sure if I will lug the Beta 22 with or not. If there is a big desire from other people to bring it, I will.

post #95 of 240

Been a while since I've visited this site. I might come Lee but I don't have equipment to bring :biggrin:

I'll get some beer instead haha.

post #96 of 240

Leesure,

 

Do you have wifi at your studio?  (Apple Remote needs wifi.)

 

Thx

post #97 of 240
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sregor View Post

Count me in. Not sure if I will lug the Beta 22 with or not. If there is a big desire from other people to bring it, I will.

Oh, there's a big desire!
Quote:
Originally Posted by brasewel View Post

Been a while since I've visited this site. I might come Lee but I don't have equipment to bring biggrin.gif
I'll get some beer instead haha.

Great! Looking forward to seeing you again. Bring that stand I left at your place! wink.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownhomeUpstate View Post

Leesure,

Do you have wifi at your studio?  (Apple Remote needs wifi.)

Thx

I sure do. No problem.
post #98 of 240
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sniperwill0 View Post

Are these meets open to anyone?

Yes. There s a cap on the number of total set-ups, but anyone is welcome to come listen!

Donations toward food etc are always welcome, but are voluntary.
post #99 of 240
Thread Starter 
I updated the list in the initial post. If I missed anyone, please let me know!

For those who have asked how this while thing works...

People who are setting up gear, get there a little early if you can...space if first come first choose, so the best spots go quickly.

BRING EXTRA POWER STRIPS AND EXTENTION CORDS. You can never have too many and someone will forget one and be in need of borrowing.

Don't sprawl out all over the tabe...keep it tight...lots of people need to set up.

Bring a source! iPod, computer, CD Player, turntable, whatever.

Label your gear! Lots of people may have the same cans or amps.

It's nice to make up a paper listing exactly what you're showing so others don't have to ask and you'll have more freedom to wander.

While I've never been to a meet where something was stolen, I'd rather not have my meet be the first. So be aware of your setup or ask the person next to you to keep an eye on it when you go listening or to the bathroom.

Did I mention to bring extra power strips?

Those of you who are coming to listen...

We're thrilled to have you! The head-Fi community is exceptionally welcoming and willing to share. We love showing off our gear and the sound we have achieved.

We do ask that you be courteous:

-NEVER unplug headphones with the volume up or the source playing.

-many of the top headphones are open back...that means we all hear your conversations while we're listening. Remember to use your 'inside voices'

-Take a shower that morning and wash your ears...you're going to be trying on other people's headphones and others will be wearing yours...it's just commen sense and courtesy.

-bring your favorite music on your portable audio player...but please ASK the owner of the rig to which you would like to jack in to help you make the connection rather than just unplugging their current source without asking.

Then just have fun and enjoy the company and the sound!!
post #100 of 240
I'm a big noob but if there's space I definitely would love to come. I have a Nuforce uDac 2 and HD595s that I'd be happy to bring, but I got the impression that reserving a slot to bring gear was a hot commodity so I don't want to take up a spot unless y'all want me to considering those are pretty low end components.

-Rob
post #101 of 240

As of right now, I'm in.  I'll bring my T50RP's (BMF DBV #3) my HD558's, Triplefi 10's, Monster MD Tributes, and a few lower $ iems.  For sources/amps, I'll bring my android music player thing, my fiio E10 and my CmoyBB.  

post #102 of 240

This could be the chance I've been waiting for! Looking to connect with 'phone oriented audiophiles!

 

My first post in this community, thanks for making me feel welcome!

post #103 of 240

I may attend with my Audio Technica Ad2000 and the Schiit Modi/Magni stack and my Heir Tsar 350. Question though, what's the consensus on alcohol, sorry if I missed it. Also will I need to bring my own table? 

post #104 of 240

You guys know I went to Swarthmore?  My wife is from Pittsburgh, and went to Wharton.  When she visited Swarthmore, she stepped off the train and said "Where's the rest of the canvas?"

post #105 of 240
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrspeakers View Post

You guys know I went to Swarthmore?  My wife is from Pittsburgh, and went to Wharton.  When she visited Swarthmore, she stepped off the train and said "Where's the rest of the canvas?"

;-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtitan1 View Post

I'm a big noob but if there's space I definitely would love to come. I have a Nuforce uDac 2 and HD595s that I'd be happy to bring, but I got the impression that reserving a slot to bring gear was a hot commodity so I don't want to take up a spot unless y'all want me to considering those are pretty low end components.

-Rob

You're welcome to come AND set up. Happy to have you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onefatsurfer View Post

As of right now, I'm in.  I'll bring my T50RP's (BMF DBV #3) my HD558's, Triplefi 10's, Monster MD Tributes, and a few lower $ iems.  For sources/amps, I'll bring my android music player thing, my fiio E10 and my CmoyBB.  

Great! Updated the front page with your additions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by clohmann View Post

This could be the chance I've been waiting for! Looking to connect with 'phone oriented audiophiles!

My first post in this community, thanks for making me feel welcome!

Welcome! And sorry about your wallet. ;-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by keanex View Post

I may attend with my Audio Technica Ad2000 and the Schiit Modi/Magni stack and my Heir Tsar 350. Question though, what's the consensus on alcohol, sorry if I missed it. Also will I need to bring my own table? 

Beverage donations are always welcome. Tables will be provided.

Folks, we are up to 32 setups already! If you want to attend and set up a rig, get your reservation in ASAP!

Also, I will be attending Can Jam at RMAF 2 weeks prior to this meet and am hoping to get even more vendors involved.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
This thread is locked