Why are the ath m50's rated #2 and #30 on head fis over ear category?
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Head fi rankings
Related Forum Threads
- Burning in Kef M500? Last post on 2/24/15 at 7:47am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Upgrading M50 Last post on 2/2/15 at 12:36pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Unamped Beyerdymanic DT-770s or ATH M50s? Last post on 6/21/14 at 11:53pm in Headphones (full-size)
- M50 vs DT770 Last post on 5/24/14 at 5:41pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Basically im becoming less of a basshead.Interested in srh440.comparable to these sets? Last post on 3/22/14 at 7:52pm in Headphones (full-size)
I would like to start with saying thank you to Brainwavz and Pandora for letting me check out the Brainwavz S3. The Brainwavz S3 is available from...
I would like to thank Creative Singapore for the loan of Creative Aurvana Live 2 demo sample! http://sg.creative.com/p/headphones-headsets/creative-aurvana-live2 Launched in 2013,...
for the price is good but if you want to have that premier sound qualtiy of studio you need a dac of 300 dolllar +
I'm using eartips I found on a pair of Dollar Store earbuds. They look like JVC Spiral dot tips but with a larger dameter opening, more rubbery too. I also tried the CKW1000anv with the JVC's...
About Me I stumbled into the head-fi world when my itchy fingers picked up a Shure SE846 back in January’14. Since then, it has been a long journey, and I’m only just starting. Exploring the...
Head fi rankings
post #1 of 10
7/6/13 at 4:13pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:
post #2 of 10
7/6/13 at 7:27pm
post #3 of 10
7/6/13 at 9:13pm
Yeah I've heard it's really good and plan on getting some. I just wondered why it was on the list twice because one has good reviews, the other has many complaints. I was afraid I was missing something and didn't want to buy the wrong ones haha
post #4 of 10
7/7/13 at 4:42am
post #5 of 10
7/7/13 at 7:46am
I'm looking for a good all around set of headphones to take to listen to in the car on vacation. I've heard these are great for the money and I greatly considered the beyerdynamic DT 770 pros but was told they will most likely need an amp. If so, they will total to around $80 more than the m 50's so I figured m 50's were the way to go. Basically my budget was $200, $250 at the absolute highest.
post #6 of 10
7/7/13 at 9:44am
One is the ATH-M50S with straight cable and the over is the ATH-M50 with coiled cable....
post #7 of 10
7/7/13 at 9:47am
post #8 of 10
7/7/13 at 11:43am
Oh I didn't notice that, thanks. Does the cable really change the sound the sound though?
I will thanks :D have you heard both? The DT 770 and the m50's?
post #9 of 10
7/7/13 at 8:19pm
That's not the reason they are ranked apart. People to get the straight cable version so there are more reviews on it Nd a higher ranking. Also straight cable is more practical on the go.
Back to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Head fi rankings
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Currently, there are 3438 Active Users (628 Members and 2810 Guests)
- › The Stax Thread III 10 seconds ago
- › D.C. Area Meet (August 30, 2015) Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Cozoy Astrapi portable dac/amp (usb-stick size) android/apple... 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk - a $5 earbud that seriously deserves... 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Mjolnir 2 Listening Impressions 1 minute ago
- › Chord Hugo 2 minutes ago
- › DIY Cable Gallery!! 2 minutes ago
- › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking) 3 minutes ago
- › Chord Electronics - The Shard Event 4 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S3 by peter123
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic by earfonia
- › FiiO E10K USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier by younes berrada
- › Audio-Technica ATH-CKW1000ANV Inner Ear Headphones 50th Anniversary... by kameenadesi
- › FiiO EX1 Nanotech Titanium Diaphragm In-Ear Monitors by Tobias89
- › Forza Audioworks IEM Cables by MikePortnoy
- › Axgio Sprint Sound Isolating Sport Stereo Bluetooth 4.1 Headphone,... by Brooko
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by reddog
- › JLab JBuds NEON Metal In-Ear Earbuds with Universal Mic for iPhone... by Zantrill
- › WooAudio WA7 Fireflies by JoeDoe
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2