Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › NOOB here... Is there big difference b/w O.E.M in-ears and a pair of HD 598s...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

NOOB here... Is there big difference b/w O.E.M in-ears and a pair of HD 598s... - Page 4

post #46 of 59
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GL1TCH3D View Post


When someone sends you something they declare a certain value. Customs is charged based on that value

OHHH... I see... biggrin.gif ... but no one I know is abroad... :'( I'm a VERY unlucky guy... 

 

ALSO, I just prayed and ordered my hd 598's :D:D:D These will be my first real cans... Thank you guys alot for all the help and enlightment... I doubt I'll be disappointed... I'll tell you guys about my experience once they arrive... Cheers! :D

post #47 of 59
Good choice! Hope you like them and believe me you won't be disappointed. And here's some advice for the future:
Hold on to your wallet before the headphone bug bites you. And don't log in to head-fi a lot if you love your money smily_headphones1.gif
post #48 of 59
Gz on your purchase
post #49 of 59

I'm surprised nobody recommended Ultrasone HFi-780. Same price as HD598, but much better for electronic and especially rock. They also sound very impressive with incredibly realistic soundstage and punchy bass that I'm yet to hear from another headphone in that price range.  They're sort of like Grados, but without the over the top brightness or harshness. Also, they're built like a typical Ultrasone, which means if a car runs them over, it will get a tire puncture.

 

HD598 is not a bad choice, if your main genres are vocal, classical, jazz, soft rock, acoustic music in general, then you cant get much better for the price....but for rock or electronic...umm, wouldn't be one of my top choice.  I'd take a HD25 any time over HD598 for those genres. Especially if you like taking them around.  But again, I'm sure you wont be disappointed with HD598.


Edited by derbigpr - 7/8/13 at 5:18pm
post #50 of 59

One more thing...don't expect to be impressed by HD598's, because I'm afraid you won't be if you use them out of a smartphone with compressed mp3's.  In order to hear what these headphones can do, and to make them sound as they should, you really do need a DAC and an amplifier. Don't believe those who say HD598's dont need an amp because they're 50 ohms, that person automatically admitted having no experience with these headphones at all after saying such a thing.  They do need an amp as much as HD600 or HD650's to sound good. In fact, I prefer the HD650 out of a Galaxy SIII unamped over the HD558.

post #51 of 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by derbigpr View Post

I'm surprised nobody recommended Ultrasone HFi-780. Same price as HD598, but much better for electronic and especially rock. They also sound very impressive with incredibly realistic soundstage and punchy bass that I'm yet to hear from another headphone in that price range.  They're sort of like Grados, but without the over the top brightness or harshness. Also, they're built like a typical Ultrasone, which means if a car runs them over, it will get a tire puncture.

HD598 is not a bad choice, if your main genres are vocal, classical, jazz, soft rock, acoustic music in general, then you cant get much better for the price....but for rock or electronic...umm, wouldn't be one of my top choice.  I'd take a HD25 any time over HD598 for those genres. Especially if you like taking them around.  But again, I'm sure you wont be disappointed with HD598.

Eeh, the last time I listened to Ultrasones I was using the HIFI-580. Made my ears bleed, very sibilant. Don't know about the 780 though.
post #52 of 59

I'm surprised nobody mentioned the underdog hd 439's they sound great, are surprisingly durable and look alright, also these have very good imaging

post #53 of 59
HFI-780 can sound artificial. Also, it is very important to get the fit right. For me it involves the phone pressing behind and on top of my ears.
post #54 of 59
Thread Starter 

I got my cans today... biggrin.gif Been trying them the whole day... First, the bass... I was worried that the bass would be crap but boy, there is WAY more bass then there is in my cheap in-ears... and these things even haven't been run in... I think this is the perfect headphone bass in my opinion... If I wan't more punch I would just use my dual 200mm woofered 5.1 system... now THAT thing punches... :P secondly, I probably was 'over-expecting' from these cans, I'm not saying I'm not happy, but the only difference I noticed till now between these and my buds is the increased bass and more detail... Thats it (Yes I used lossless audio, not craply compressed mp3's). One more thing, when I plugged these into the HP out jack on my stereo the sound just distorted so bad that I could'nt make out a single word... I mean my buds worked perfect at the same settings and volume... WTF? O.o ... Also what is this 'soundstage'? its definitely not what I thought it was, I mean is 'detail' and soundstage the samething? O.o (mind my NOOB-ness, sorry) ... Nevertheless, I'm fairly happy. These are my first cans. IMHO it's true, hard-rock & metal are not for these cans... But listening to stuff like Beiruts Nantes just makes you go 'woah'... also I've read that 'burning-in' is a complete myth and makes MINOR differences... is this true? :O Cheers!


Edited by JZX1GT - 7/9/13 at 11:32am
post #55 of 59
Burn in is you getting used to the sound.

Listen to Ottmar Liebert's album 'up close'. That is soundstage tongue.gif
post #56 of 59
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsh View Post

Burn in is you getting used to the sound.

Listen to Ottmar Liebert's album 'up close'. That is soundstage tongue.gif

Is that it? O.o 


Listening to his in the hand of love... getting some idea... tongue.gif

post #57 of 59
Only that one album! It is a binaural recording made solely for headphones. The others aren't...
post #58 of 59
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsh View Post

Only that one album! It is a binaural recording made solely for headphones. The others aren't

Woah... 

post #59 of 59
Soundstage is when sound is surrounding you. Not being stuck in your head.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Help and Getting Started › Introductions, Help and Recommendations › NOOB here... Is there big difference b/w O.E.M in-ears and a pair of HD 598s...