Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › I want some good looking headphones.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

I want some good looking headphones. - Page 5

Poll Results: Would you suggest the Crossfade LP's?

 
  • 16% (10)
    Definitely!
  • 20% (12)
    They seeeem okay, i guess.
  • 23% (14)
    Eh you might go for it.
  • 11% (7)
    They will probably be under par with your expectations..
  • 27% (16)
    As bad as beats!
59 Total Votes  
post #61 of 171

The pilot headset looks good too~~~~

post #62 of 171
Thread Starter 
Thanks for the postings I've looked at all the suggestions and written a list. I'm not sure if hi-fi audio is my thing. I probably won't have time for much with ap world history, advanced algebra 2, adv college English etc next year.

And all the money I get from work will be in savings for college and a car. "Sigh" I really like hi fi audio equipment but cost is the deal cutter.. :-(
post #63 of 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach Supremacy View Post

Thanks for the postings I've looked at all the suggestions and written a list. I'm not sure if hi-fi audio is my thing. I probably won't have time for much with ap world history, advanced algebra 2, adv college English etc next year.

And all the money I get from work will be in savings for college and a car. "Sigh" I really like hi fi audio equipment but cost is the deal cutter.. :-(

Heh. You can get good headphones for $100, just choose your path wisely, you can go for plastiky bass heavy cans that sound not so good, or you can get something that looks classy and is less emphasized on the bottom end. The decision you make will play a big role in the rest of your life.
post #64 of 171
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by arteom View Post

Heh. You can get good headphones for $100, just choose your path wisely, you can go for plastiky bass heavy cans that sound not so good, or you can get something that looks classy and is less emphasized on the bottom end. The decision you make will play a big role in the rest of your life.

These are the only pair of bass heavy cans I've ever thought about getting. Hell, I'll probably end up not even listening to them except for heavy bass genres. I much prefer a more balanced sound.

Just because you drop the soap doesn't mean you're gay. Although you can have the best of both worlds. Sound-wise that is.
Edited by Mach Supremacy - 7/9/13 at 6:05pm
post #65 of 171
I own a pair of LP1's and I can confirm everything that has been said about them here. The sound isn't great, but they'll go loud and tickle your eardrums with the bass. They also look decent (in my eyes anyway) and are absolutely indestructible. I live a very active life, and I wear these things while biking, running, beating the punching bag, ect. They have withstood numerous falls and getting yanked off my head when the cord catches my boxing glove or whatever. Speaking of the cord, it's though as nails, but the fabric wrapping will start to get fuzzy. I found the best way to deal with that is to melt them with a lighter. You can lay these phone flat out and twist them any which way, they'll be good. You try that with beats, you'll snap em in half. So yeah, bottom line: ok sound, decent looks, bomb-proof.

Hope this helps
-Nick
Edited by NickKuiper - 7/9/13 at 7:55pm
post #66 of 171
You should go for the audio technica m50 white or red edition look amazing
post #67 of 171

   I've tested the LPs at some tech store and I noticed that they have a lot of bass. Unlike Beats, it's only slightly muddy and treble is okay. I would suggest EQing them if you happen to use a phone or an iPod Touch (or a DAP with Rockbox). Style....is okay. I would suggest you get the M50s if you're willing to pay a little extra.

 

You want style? Here's some style. AKS K240S (priced at about $100 here). You might wanna skip this one because it seems to be an open-back.

This should turn some heads. AKG Q460 (?), sells also for about 100 bucks. On-ear, closed-back goodness with a crazy color to boot.

   Good luck finding your perfect headphones. Sorry about your wallet.

atsmile.gif

post #68 of 171
If after 5 pages of comments you still haven't changed your mind, then maybe you should just give them a try. All the naysayers be damned! The world won't burn down because of it... And you can always return or sell them if you aren't satisfied...
post #69 of 171
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickKuiper View Post

I own a pair of LP1's and I can confirm everything that has been said about them here. The sound isn't great, but they'll go loud and tickle your eardrums with the bass. They also look decent (in my eyes anyway) and are absolutely indestructible. I live a very active life, and I wear these things while biking, running, beating the punching bag, ect. They have withstood numerous falls and getting yanked off my head when the cord catches my boxing glove or whatever. Speaking of the cord, it's though as nails, but the fabric wrapping will start to get fuzzy. I found the best way to deal with that is to melt them with a lighter. You can lay these phone flat out and twist them any which way, they'll be good. You try that with beats, you'll snap em in half. So yeah, bottom line: ok sound, decent looks, bomb-proof.

Hope this helps
-Nick

This has been useful, thanks for the input. My two main buying points for this is durability and aesthetics. I know head fi isn't the best for aesthetics but I got good suggestions. Thanks Nick!
post #70 of 171
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatBeatsguy View Post

   I've tested the LPs at some tech store and I noticed that they have a lot of bass. Unlike Beats, it's only slightly muddy and treble is okay. I would suggest EQing them if you happen to use a phone or an iPod Touch (or a DAP with Rockbox). Style....is okay. I would suggest you get the M50s if you're willing to pay a little extra.


You want style? Here's some style. AKS K240S (priced at about $100 here). 
You might wanna skip this one because it seems to be an open-back.


This should turn some heads. AKG Q460 (?), sells also for about 100 bucks. On-ear, closed-back goodness with a crazy color to boot.
   Good luck finding your perfect headphones. Sorry about your wallet.
atsmile.gif

Those look like some nice green akgs :3 that's my style. I already ordered the LP's so I'll see how they go. These are on my list.
post #71 of 171
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CognitiveBiased View Post

If after 5 pages of comments you still haven't changed your mind, then maybe you should just give them a try. All the naysayers be damned! The world won't burn down because of it... And you can always return or sell them if you aren't satisfied...

I've made my choice smily_headphones1.gif now time will tell. I've been surprised by all these great headphone recommendations! Only a few um...less than approving people but oh well. I'm trying to be stylish on an audiophile website, what madness wink.gif
post #72 of 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by arteom View Post


Heh. You can get good headphones for $100, just choose your path wisely, you can go for plastiky bass heavy cans that sound not so good, or you can get something that looks classy and is less emphasized on the bottom end. The decision you make will play a big role in the rest of your life.

 

This is a joke, right?

post #73 of 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by PastaChief View Post

 

This is a joke, right?

I hope so. darthsmile.gif

post #74 of 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach Supremacy View Post


I've made my choice smily_headphones1.gif now time will tell. I've been surprised by all these great headphone recommendations! Only a few um...less than approving people but oh well. 

Good luck with the LP1. 

post #75 of 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by PastaChief View Post

This is a joke, right?

You must have chosen the lp1's when you were younger. Had you gone the more refined route you wouldn't have to ask.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › I want some good looking headphones.