Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › I want some good looking headphones.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

I want some good looking headphones. - Page 9

Poll Results: Would you suggest the Crossfade LP's?

 
  • 16% (10)
    Definitely!
  • 20% (12)
    They seeeem okay, i guess.
  • 23% (14)
    Eh you might go for it.
  • 11% (7)
    They will probably be under par with your expectations..
  • 27% (16)
    As bad as beats!
59 Total Votes  
post #121 of 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach Supremacy View Post

I can tell you know that after a couple days of use the comfort has increased and I can wear them multiple hours (that's all that is safe for my ears) and the bass has smoothed out and I can hear the highs and mid sections more clearly.

It even says from vmoda themselves "burn in=the fit IS the sound, like new shoes, your headphones will sound their best after the ear cushions, headband, and drivers naturally adjust"

These are one of the only headphones I've heard improvement from only 48 hours of burn in. Anyways I really like them. Mom says they look cyborg. Lol.

   Congrats for the buy! 

post #122 of 171
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatBeatsguy View Post

   Congrats for the buy! 

Thanks! I'm looking for some grados maybe for my next buy.
post #123 of 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach Supremacy View Post


Thanks! I'm looking for some grados maybe for my next buy.

   Ahh...Grados. They're the best of the best when it comes to rock music (that includes, metal, prog rock, alternative, etc.) so if you're into those types of music, they’re the best you could get for the money. However, I do like to stress that they’re not as good with other pairs (espeically the electronic kind), so it’s by no means an all-rounder. Though I'm a new-age kid (still a freshman), I really dig the retro look of the Grados, especially the metal ones like the SR-60 and SR-80.

post #124 of 171
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatBeatsguy View Post

   Ahh...Grados. They're the best of the best when it comes to rock music (that includes, metal, prog rock, alternative, etc.) so if you're into those types of music, they’re the best you could get for the money. However, I do like to stress that they’re not as good with other pairs (espeically the electronic kind), so it’s by no means an all-rounder. Though I'm a new-age kid (still a freshman), I really dig the retro look of the Grados, especially the metal ones like the SR-60 and SR-80.

Good thing my main genre is metal biggrin.gif looking forward to this.

Still my mom and dad gasp at me telling them to buy me 100$ headphones that aren't beats.
post #125 of 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach Supremacy View Post


Good thing my main genre is metal biggrin.gif looking forward to this.

Still my mom and dad gasp at me telling them to buy me 100$ headphones that aren't beats.

   Well, at least you have a better situation than I do. My mom goes nuts when I tell her that I plan to buy a new pair, beats or not. "Come on, Mom, they're just in-ears! I'll get those and be done with it! Besides, Dsnuts already said they were good!"

 

*sigh* Oh well.

post #126 of 171

The Audio Technica Earsuit series are the sexiest looking headphones ever made whilst still retaining supreme audio quality.

post #127 of 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by bisayaboi View Post

The Audio Technica Earsuit series are the sexiest looking headphones ever made whilst still retaining supreme audio quality.

If you haven't read the earlier posts, OP has already bought his M-80s. But still, I gotta agree on the stylish wood cups on these.

 

...Damn.

 

Bisayaboi...Noypi ka?

post #128 of 171
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatBeatsguy View Post

If you haven't read the earlier posts, OP has already bought his M-80s. But still, I gotta agree on the stylish wood cups on these.

...Damn.

Bisayaboi...Noypi ka?

Not m80's.
post #129 of 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach Supremacy View Post


Not m80's.

Oh yeah, the LPs.

post #130 of 171
I own the crossfade lps and, like you, I'm a teen, 15, and I was looking for good headphones in the $100 range. I was also looking for bass and looks without having to pay $300 for studios. I gotta say the crossfades comfortable, with booming bass. the trebles are good, but the mids are a tiny bit recessed. but you need a good amp! on your phone these will sound like sh%#. I got fhe fiio e11 and it cleaned up things nicely. but, honestly, you gotta give the headphones something to work with. crap music files will sound like crap. period. but with a good amp and possibly some flac files, these headphones fall nothing short of the $250 MSRP. and people don't rage on me, I know because I own them, and its true they need a burn in time. I would go for em
post #131 of 171
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnson98 View Post

I own the crossfade lps and, like you, I'm a teen, 15, and I was looking for good headphones in the $100 range. I was also looking for bass and looks without having to pay $300 for studios. I gotta say the crossfades comfortable, with booming bass. the trebles are good, but the mids are a tiny bit recessed. but you need a good amp! on your phone these will sound like sh%#. I got fhe fiio e11 and it cleaned up things nicely. but, honestly, you gotta give the headphones something to work with. crap music files will sound like crap. period. but with a good amp and possibly some flac files, these headphones fall nothing short of the $250 MSRP. and people don't rage on me, I know because I own them, and its true they need a burn in time. I would go for em

Bought mine and they're so good now that they've had a good burn in time I can walk out of the house and do casual listening without an amp wink.gif of course high Q files. My 256kb songs sound like poop on these.....
post #132 of 171
yup dubstep flac files sound almost scary on these
post #133 of 171

   They do? I ran some 320kbps files through these on an unamped iPod and they sound quite fine. I really hated the recessed mids though.

 

Who am I kidding, I'm just 13; I am unworthy of being in your presence.

post #134 of 171
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnson98 View Post

yup dubstep flac files sound almost scary on these

What does almost scary mean? Is that in a good or bad way haha? Also these are fun to game with, the bass rumbles but you can still hear the highs and mids (although a little laid back) but it sounds good.
post #135 of 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach Supremacy View Post


What does almost scary mean? Is that in a good or bad way haha? Also these are fun to game with, the bass rumbles but you can still hear the highs and mids (although a little laid back) but it sounds good.

^I agree with you fully. I don't get that part either. That is, unless he's listening to Skrillex's "First of the Year." That was some scary wubs, I tell ya. Honestly, it isn't that scary until you see the video...I couldn't get it off my head for three days. After that, I found myself getting a few more of Skrillex's titles. Damn, he's good.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › I want some good looking headphones.