New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Help me choose please - Page 3

post #31 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by augusto3210 View Post

can you list the other pairs of headphones in that price plz?

    Well since the M100 are $300-$400 not sure which anymore, you could go Sennheiser momentum, Sennheiser hd 25ii, Beyerdynamic, HD600, Denon 2000, AKG K550, AKG Q701, AKG k702, etc. There are a lot of headphones in that price range. I have the UE6000 and I love them. They are not reference headphones by any means but they are amazing headphones for the genres I enjoy and they are some of the best portable headphones I have ever used. But if you dont need portability you could go for the K550s. I personally have wanted to buy the K550s for a while but have never gotten around to it and they are very good sounding and good looking headphones.

post #32 of 61

No matter what you end up picking, make sure you take note of the impedance and have the proper gear to drive it.  No point of getting the HD600 if you don't have anything that can drives 300 ohms.

post #33 of 61
Thread Starter 

-V-Moda M100 

-Logitech UE6000 

-New Beats Studio 2013 

 

I have to choose one for the next month :(

Please help me, Good looking, Comfort, Sound, Bass, Portability, Durability.

post #34 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by augusto3210 View Post

-V-Moda M100 

-Logitech UE6000 

-New Beats Studio 2013 

 

I have to choose one for the next month :(

Please help me, Good looking, Comfort, Sound, Bass, Portability, Durability.

     Well with those headphones you are getting different things, and a very different price point. The Vmoda are most expensive followed by the Studio and then the UE. But as far as actual sound quality it depends on what you like. Some people might prefer the UE over the M100, but others would like the opposite. I would say get either the M100 or the UE6000 based on your personal preference, it would be best if you could compare them side to side. The Beats are a definite no go, no matter how much Beats tries to tell people that the new make of the Studios sounds better, they still do not sound like anything that should be priced anywhere near the $300 price point. If I were you I might go with the UE6000 and spend some money on the Fiio E17 which costs about $110 or $120 on amazon. That way you get the headhpones as well as an amp/dac to further improve the sound quality. But in the end it all comes down to what you like.

post #35 of 61
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaupakay View Post

     Well with those headphones you are getting different things, and a very different price point. The Vmoda are most expensive followed by the Studio and then the UE. But as far as actual sound quality it depends on what you like. Some people might prefer the UE over the M100, but others would like the opposite. I would say get either the M100 or the UE6000 based on your personal preference, it would be best if you could compare them side to side. The Beats are a definite no go, no matter how much Beats tries to tell people that the new make of the Studios sounds better, they still do not sound like anything that should be priced anywhere near the $300 price point. If I were you I might go with the UE6000 and spend some money on the Fiio E17 which costs about $110 or $120 on amazon. That way you get the headhpones as well as an amp/dac to further improve the sound quality. But in the end it all comes down to what you like.

thanks you for replying,

I dont really need a portable amp, im not an audiophile or dj..just a regular person that love music ;)

I live in Ecuador and in this country i just find headphones like Beats, Monster, Sony, etc. but not good quality ones so i couldnt compare then side to side deadhorse.gif

 

- Both headphones portability is awesome

- Design <3

- Durability...(I dont have to answer this)

post #36 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by augusto3210 View Post

thanks you for replying,
I dont really need a portable amp, im not an audiophile or dj..just a regular person that love music wink.gif
I live in Ecuador and in this country i just find headphones like Beats, Monster, Sony, etc. but not good quality ones so i couldnt compare then side to side deadhorse.gif


- Both headphones portability is awesome
- Design <3
- Durability...(I dont have to answer this)
Well the UE 6000 sound best when the noise cancelling mode is off and powered by an amp. Dont get me wrong they still sound good in active mode but they are more flavored, some like it, some dont. If you get the UE6000 though you are going to want an amp. They arent very loud headphones without one. If you dont want to spend the money you can get by but you wont get as much out of them as you can.
post #37 of 61
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaupakay View Post


Well the UE 6000 sound best when the noise cancelling mode is off and powered by an amp. Dont get me wrong they still sound good in active mode but they are more flavored, some like it, some dont. If you get the UE6000 though you are going to want an amp. They arent very loud headphones without one. If you dont want to spend the money you can get by but you wont get as much out of them as you can.

 

The UE 6000 is also a bit bulky like the beats and the durability is not that good as the M100. I own the Beats Studio (I got them for $200..not fake..) and the do not sound too bad like people usually says about it, the comfort on those is ok, after 1-2 hours it starts to hurts your ears a bit.

 

So I should buy the UE6000 instead of M100?

post #38 of 61

No way, if you can afford the M-100, definitely go for it instead.

post #39 of 61
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSheep View Post

No way, if you can afford the M-100, definitely go for it instead.

can you please tell me the 

Pros:

Cons:

for both?

post #40 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by augusto3210 View Post

can you please tell me the 

Pros:

Cons:

for both?

I think you know most of these already.  Another factor is that the M-100 has a decent amount of cable, mic, and now pad choices, but the UE6000 you have to use OEM replacement parts.  I tested it a while back I was not impressed.  For me, if you are looking at the UE6000, then you may just as well getting the Sony MDR-1R at $200 MSRP, or the Audio Technica ATH-M50 at $160 discounted.  ANC most of the time doesn't work well, with the Bose QC15 being the exception, so you are paying for additional hardware that you may not use and less sound quality for the price.  Someone just posted a link for M-100 at 200 euros, and that's a very good deal.

post #41 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSheep View Post

I think you know most of these already.  Another factor is that the M-100 has a decent amount of cable, mic, and now pad choices, but the UE6000 you have to use OEM replacement parts.  I tested it a while back I was not impressed.  For me, if you are looking at the UE6000, then you may just as well getting the Sony MDR-1R at $200 MSRP, or the Audio Technica ATH-M50 at $160 discounted.  ANC most of the time doesn't work well, with the Bose QC15 being the exception, so you are paying for additional hardware that you may not use and less sound quality for the price.  Someone just posted a link for M-100 at 200 euros, and that's a very good deal.

     I would disagree with this statement. I can confidently say that the UE6000 are better than the MDR-1R, and are way out of the ATH-m50s league. The NC doesnt work very well, but they sound great when in active mod with an amp. With NC on they receive a bass and treble boost, kind of leaving the mids behind. The only thing I ever really use NC mode for is electronic music, these headphones really shine when used for electronic with NC on. And I'm not sure why you would need replacement parts for the UE6000. They are very durable, I am not rough on my equipment but they get A LOT of on the go use and they are yet to get even a scratch on them, after almost a year. But like I told him earlier, if he can afford the M100, they are much better. But most headphones are when they are more expensive.

post #42 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by augusto3210 View Post

 

The UE 6000 is also a bit bulky like the beats and the durability is not that good as the M100. I own the Beats Studio (I got them for $200..not fake..) and the do not sound too bad like people usually says about it, the comfort on those is ok, after 1-2 hours it starts to hurts your ears a bit.

 

So I should buy the UE6000 instead of M100?

    No, I'm sorry, I seem to be leading you the wrong way. The M100 are much better than the UE6000. But considering that theyre more expensive that is to be expected. But the durability of the UE6000 is not to be underestimated. They're build quality is not comparable to the Studios, the UE6000 are far more durable, and as far as comfort, the UE6000 is insanely comfortable. The M100 are better than the UE6000 in everything except price and comfort.

post #43 of 61
Ok I understand what your going through, because I went through the same decision about 2 weeks ago. Keep in mind I am not an audiophile, and wanted a base strong headphone. So I get right to it, the beats are a no go, if you are considering those pick the m100's. The m100's have more punchy base, are sturdier, and do require batteries. As for your choice between the m100's and ue6000, I can't really offer help because best buy did not have the ue6000 working, but they were comfortable. I just got the m100's and am very satisfied, I would choose them.
post #44 of 61
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaupakay View Post

    No, I'm sorry, I seem to be leading you the wrong way. The M100 are much better than the UE6000. But considering that theyre more expensive that is to be expected. But the durability of the UE6000 is not to be underestimated. They're build quality is not comparable to the Studios, the UE6000 are far more durable, and as far as comfort, the UE6000 is insanely comfortable. The M100 are better than the UE6000 in everything except price and comfort.

Are the M100 uncomfortable?  - Compared to the Beats Studio?

I heard about a solution with paper under the earpads lol

post #45 of 61
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by domin8r20 View Post

Ok I understand what your going through, because I went through the same decision about 2 weeks ago. Keep in mind I am not an audiophile, and wanted a base strong headphone. So I get right to it, the beats are a no go, if you are considering those pick the m100's. The m100's have more punchy base, are sturdier, and do require batteries. As for your choice between the m100's and ue6000, I can't really offer help because best buy did not have the ue6000 working, but they were comfortable. I just got the m100's and am very satisfied, I would choose them.

What color did you choose? confused_face.gif

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home