or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › AKG new headphone K545?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

AKG new headphone K545? - Page 62

post #916 of 1722

I must be having the worst of luck with the K545. Just got my replacement orange pair. When I run subbass sweeps, I hear slight rattling in the left cup during the lowest notes. Also the left cup suffers from driver flexing when I adjust the seal. 

post #917 of 1722
Give me the URL you have been using for testing and I will see whether I have a similar issue. Also what volume level (fair warning, if its really loud I won't do the test as I won't subject my ears to that kind if stress).
post #918 of 1722

http://www.audiocheck.net/soundtests_headphones.php

 

I was listening to the Bass Shaker sweep under quality. It's bass frequencies, so you can listen louder than normal.

post #919 of 1722
OK listened to a music track and set the volume to louder than I find comfortable then did the bass shaker test. On my headphone I had no issues.
post #920 of 1722
Quote:
Originally Posted by dweaver View Post

OK listened to a music track and set the volume to louder than I find comfortable then did the bass shaker test. On my headphone I had no issues.

I think the orange pairs are cursed.

post #921 of 1722
My orange is fine. Go ahead and swap em out from the vendor
post #922 of 1722
Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzlybeast View Post

My orange is fine. Go ahead and swap em out from the vendor

I was just notified by the vendor that AKG told them that they're aware of the issues and are looking into it. So this is much larger that I expected...


Edited by SonusAudio - 1/20/14 at 9:58am
post #923 of 1722
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonusAudio View Post
 

I was just notified by the vendor that AKG told them that they're aware of the issues and are looking into it. So this is much larger that I expect

 

Did he say whether it was just the orange or were other colors effected? 

post #924 of 1722
Quote:
Originally Posted by imackler View Post
 

 

Did he say whether it was just the orange or were other colors effected? 

 

I think Dweaver has blue ones if I'm not mistaken...  I could be wrong.  I don't think this is linked to a specific color :p 

post #925 of 1722
I have the blue pair. Hopefully this isn't a rampant issue. I suspect it is manufacturing defect that is pretty much immediate or will never happen. But we will see what AKG says.
post #926 of 1722
Quote:
Originally Posted by dweaver View Post

I have the blue pair. Hopefully this isn't a rampant issue. I suspect it is manufacturing defect that is pretty much immediate or will never happen. But we will see what AKG says.

I hope it is only immediate so I can return it right away. I'm going to go to my local Best Buy and pick up a black pair and report back my findings.

post #927 of 1722
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonusAudio View Post
 

I hope it is only immediate so I can return it right away. I'm going to go to my local Best Buy and pick up a black pair and report back my findings.

Godspeed.

post #928 of 1722

Just a note on the issues that some people are having.  I have the black 545s and I have not had any problems with them.  I have about 20 hours of listening and I haven't heard any unwanted noises or anything that shouldn't be there.  Hopefully AKG or the seller will rectify the situation, as it seems that it hasn't affected every pair...

post #929 of 1722

I just blew air back at the left speaker using my mouth with the front of my face creating a seal while it was playing audio ( I know, weird ). I heard the speaker flex significantly. This was partially out of frustration; however, miraculously it doesn't flex anymore and the left channel is back in action resulting in a balanced sound. Unfortunately, during bass test sweeps, I still hear a rattle in the left channel on the lowest notes. I will still pick a black pair. :) 


Edited by SonusAudio - 1/20/14 at 9:20pm
post #930 of 1722
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonusAudio View Post
 

I just blew air back at the left speaker using my mouth with the front of my face creating a seal while it was playing audio ( I know, weird ). I heard the speaker flex significantly. This was partially out of frustration; however, miraculously it doesn't flex anymore and the left channel is back in action resulting in a balanced sound. Unfortunately, during bass test sweeps, I still hear a rattle in the left channel on the lowest notes. I will still pick a black pair. :) 

 

It might be the driver they are using.  It sounds like it could be an issue similar to Focal's which caused a similar issue.  The cause was that the drivers crinkled, but never uncrinkled due to pressure.  If this is the issue, no color is safe from this sort of defect. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › AKG new headphone K545?