Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › AKG new headphone K545?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

AKG new headphone K545? - Page 6

post #76 of 1456
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFiRobot View Post

AKG K545 tested in Swedish magazine "Hifi & Musik".

Compared to AKG K551 very similiar soundwise but:
- Less weight 
- Smaller earcups
- Thinner earpads
- Smaller headband gives tighter and better fit for on the move
- More portable
- A bit more bass
- Smaller soundstage with less depth

They really liked it.


@grizzelybeast I mean this one smily_headphones1.gif

I know about the L2 but didn't know anything about the JBL! Thanks for the info smily_headphones1.gif
post #77 of 1456

Those JBL look quite interesting. They sure show the cross design elements between the JBL brand and the AKG brand. From the looks and the specs I suspect they both will use the same driver and obviously frame design. For me I think the K545 will suite me better though. I am really thinking I will grab these when they are released. I owned and enjoyed the K550 and currently own a pair of Q701 which I enjoy, so the K545 may become my go fullsize closed headphone for on the go and when I want moderate isolation.

post #78 of 1456
Quote:
Originally Posted by dweaver View Post
 

Those JBL look quite interesting. They sure show the cross design elements between the JBL brand and the AKG brand. From the looks and the specs I suspect they both will use the same driver and obviously frame design. For me I think the K545 will suite me better though. I am really thinking I will grab these when they are released. I owned and enjoyed the K550 and currently own a pair of Q701 which I enjoy, so the K545 may become my go fullsize closed headphone for on the go and when I want moderate isolation.

Saw a review on the JBL headphone yesterday by CNet...  

post #79 of 1456
Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzlybeast View Post
 

where have you found these impressions? I can't find it I googled the heck out of it even in the swedish google.

 

Here are two things to note:

1) they are priced at a cheaper dollar than the brand new akg k551 or k550(299) vs akg k545( 249)

2) they also have a lower k number

 

I wouldn't be surprised if on sound quality they are less of a technical can than the k550 and focus more on the listening experience for a more modern croud.. Hopefully I can win a k550 bid on ebay and compare the two. I would speculate  them to sound similar to an akg k167.

 

However if they sound close to an akg k550 with better bass then they have a lot going for them already. The only headphone that i would prefer based on looks and simply aesthetic design would be the Philips l2 (330) or JBL Synchros S700(349). I am scared of the Philips l2 upper register though; it has been described as too sharp but with clear mids and tight bass and impact. Harman is releasing a JBL Synchros 700 that  looks similar to the akg k545 but with a more industrial look and buttons on the cups for bass and soundstage enhancement. the Jbl has been reported to have better bass than the Beats pro but even with the enhancements is said to fail in every other area vs beats with a similar soundstage.

 

So I would like to see the akg meet the philips and duke it out too. I kinda think I have higher hopes for the L2. Dont care too much for the JBL

*prices in USD

 

This is the Magazine where the K545 was tested

http://www.hifi-musik.se/senaste-numret/

 

But they don't publish many reviews online.

post #80 of 1456

FWIW I found a small review from a website but I had to google translate so

 

"This headset for mobile devices provides precise but cold due to the predominance of its mediums . It will use an equalizer to make things better . We appreciate the design and strength , and the two supplied audio cables .


EDITOR'S NOTE


 

MANUFACTURER PRICE : 250 €
BEST PRICES FOR OTHER
HELMETS
PROMO! TWO HEADPHONES FINESOUND RED AND BLUE
€ 29.09

GETTING STARTED

AKG K545 , comfortable helmet but lacks heat
Focusing on media, this model provides a sound cold lacks punch . It's a shame because it is well designed and comfortable to wear. And it works with most mobile devices.


François Bedin
on 24/09/2013 at 17:30
Note the drafting

PRINT THIS ARTICLE
SEND BY MAIL
the promise

For mobile devices, the AKG K545 has the same design of its predecessor, the K550 , and according to the manufacturer offers a studio-quality sound and excellent sound insulation. It is equipped with speakers 50 mm in diameter and pads that fully embrace the ear. Is it comfortable ? What is the sound quality ? Our answers , testing support .

reality

Sold about 250 euros, AKG seduced by its robustness and elegant design. You even have a choice of four colors ( black, white , turquoise and orange). The earcups rotate up to 90 degrees, which allows the proper position , but also to lay flat to reduce the thickness during transport. However, the arch is not foldable. The pads fit perfectly ears, where proper insulation from the outside. The K545 delivers accurate sound - you hear all the details - but lacks warmth. Measurement bandwidth confirms this judgment with mediums too privileged compared to bass and treble. However, you can correct this problem with the equalizer on your mobile device . For example, the "rock" mode on the iPad or iPhone makes really nice sound.

Two cables for smartphone and tablet
AKG delivers a 6.35mm jack adapter and two audio cables. One is for Apple devices to the other models of other brands (Android, Windows Phone , etc). The cables have a remote control with microphone to take or make a call with your smartphone. We appreciate the good communication . Cable for Apple 's most comprehensive adjust the volume, pause , and skip to the next or previous song. However , the use of three buttons on the remote turns ultimately impractical because it is difficult to differentiate the touch.

the verdict

The K545 is a nice helmet, solid and comfortable. It delivers sound quality but regrets the lack of heat that requires use the equalizer on your smartphone or tablet. We appreciate the presence of the two audio cables for use on Apple and Android mobile devices. Too bad the helmet is not foldable."

 

After reading this sites other impressions i.e. sennheiser momentum, kef 500, akg k551, new beats studio,  it seems like they have a good sense of what is good and not. They gave these 3 stars which was the least of the their reviews I have seen so far. It almost makes me want to reconsider and get a philips l2. I can return mine but I have to pay shipping. well we will see. I am easily swayed so don't mine me


Edited by grizzlybeast - 10/12/13 at 9:40am
post #81 of 1456

I saw that review and I think it looses something in translation but I too was worried about their low score. I am still thinking these will be worth getting though as i think the review seemed to not like that it had a midrange oriented signature which I actually like. I'm sitting here loving my Q701 so am thinking these might be worth while. Plus I have a pair of Monster nPulse for when I want more bass. I am somewhat interested in the JBL model or possibly the B&O H6 but I am not sure I want to pay that high a premium plus I don't want an iphone only headphone..

 

grizzlybeast if you decide your not wanting to keep these PM me as I may take them off your hands...

post #82 of 1456
Quote:
Originally Posted by dweaver View Post
 

I saw that review and I think it looses something in translation but I too was worried about their low score. I am still thinking these will be worth getting though as i think the review seemed to not like that it had a midrange oriented signature which I actually like. I'm sitting here loving my Q701 so am thinking these might be worth while. Plus I have a pair of Monster nPulse for when I want more bass. I am somewhat interested in the JBL model or possibly the B&O H6 but I am not sure I want to pay that high a premium plus I don't want an iphone only headphone..

 

grizzlybeast if you decide your not wanting to keep these PM me as I may take them off your hands...

Well I will test these briefly and If i like them I will keep them. If not I will prob return them. But since you live in Canada I will absolutely consider it seeing as though you may not be able to get it easily. 

 

With the mids forward to the highs and lows is what i like too (well I do like my lows)

 

What is confusing is how they said it sounds cold, with a mid range emphasis.... Unless it has no mid bass then there definitely is something missing in translation. You can't have forward mids with no bass and highs and it sound cold... Unless the mids are too airy or don't have any weight.

 

From the review the JBL is opposite of the q701 all while not sounding natural and no soundstage unless the live button is on. But with tons of bass. For me that is a no go. I need my natural mids. I was looking at the B&W P& over ear too that gets good reviews. It sounds like a good one for me but It costs 400 smacks.

 

I am kind of wanting a bass heavy, non sibilant headphone at the moment. Another review says they have really nice bass.  


Edited by grizzlybeast - 10/12/13 at 4:57pm
post #83 of 1456

I look forward to your impressions, you sound like you like similar signatures as me. I prefer a midcentric sound but like to have something kicking around that can do bass some justice.

post #84 of 1456
Quote:
Originally Posted by dweaver View Post
 

I look forward to your impressions, you sound like you like similar signatures as me. I prefer a midcentric sound but like to have something kicking around that can do bass some justice.

Indeed. I am a hip hop head(found some good lossless audiophile grade hip hop instrumentals) but the more I listen to music and go through headphones I prefer good extension and texture over just a low register emphasis. This HE-500 Im listening to right:L3000: now has better bass than I thought. Some cans ie L1 have more bass but it is too bloated. I doubt the k545 will suffer from that.

post #85 of 1456

I don't feel the L1's bass is too bloated.

post #86 of 1456

Its loose from what I remember. It's not a basshead headphone but it was a little loose. Vs an he400 tight or a d2k or even. I liked the momentum bass better than the l1 too. It has been a while so my memory may fail me there but thats what I remember about it most.

post #87 of 1456
Yeah, it was kind of loose, especially compared to the ATH WS99.
post #88 of 1456
Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzlybeast View Post

FWIW I found a small review from a website but I had to google translate so

"This headset for mobile devices provides precise but cold due to the predominance of its mediums . It will use an equalizer to make things better . We appreciate the design and strength , and the two supplied audio cables .

EDITOR'S NOTE


 
MANUFACTURER PRICE : 250 €

BEST PRICES FOR OTHER

HELMETS

PROMO! TWO HEADPHONES FINESOUND RED AND BLUE

€ 29.09

GETTING STARTED
AKG K545 , comfortable helmet but lacks heat

Focusing on media, this model provides a sound cold lacks punch . It's a shame because it is well designed and comfortable to wear. And it works with most mobile devices.


François Bedin

on 24/09/2013 at 17:30

Note the drafting

PRINT THIS ARTICLE

SEND BY MAIL

the promise

For mobile devices, the AKG K545 has the same design of its predecessor, the K550 , and according to the manufacturer offers a studio-quality sound and excellent sound insulation. It is equipped with speakers 50 mm in diameter and pads that fully embrace the ear. Is it comfortable ? What is the sound quality ? Our answers , testing support .
reality
Sold about 250 euros, AKG seduced by its robustness and elegant design. You even have a choice of four colors ( black, white , turquoise and orange). The earcups rotate up to 90 degrees, which allows the proper position , but also to lay flat to reduce the thickness during transport. However, the arch is not foldable. The pads fit perfectly ears, where proper insulation from the outside. The K545 delivers accurate sound - you hear all the details - but lacks warmth. Measurement bandwidth confirms this judgment with mediums too privileged compared to bass and treble. However, you can correct this problem with the equalizer on your mobile device . For example, the "rock" mode on the iPad or iPhone makes really nice sound.
Two cables for smartphone and tablet

AKG delivers a 6.35mm jack adapter and two audio cables. One is for Apple devices to the other models of other brands (Android, Windows Phone , etc). The cables have a remote control with microphone to take or make a call with your smartphone. We appreciate the good communication . Cable for Apple 's most comprehensive adjust the volume, pause , and skip to the next or previous song. However , the use of three buttons on the remote turns ultimately impractical because it is difficult to differentiate the touch.

the verdict
The K545 is a nice helmet, solid and comfortable. It delivers sound quality but regrets the lack of heat that requires use the equalizer on your smartphone or tablet. We appreciate the presence of the two audio cables for use on Apple and Android mobile devices. Too bad the helmet is not foldable."

After reading this sites other impressions i.e. sennheiser momentum, kef 500, akg k551, new beats studio,  it seems like they have a good sense of what is good and not. They gave these 3 stars which was the least of the their reviews I have seen so far. It almost makes me want to reconsider and get a philips l2. I can return mine but I have to pay shipping. well we will see. I am easily swayed so don't mine me

I think it''so better to listen yourself smily_headphones1.gif

Waiting for your impression ^_^
post #89 of 1456

you are right. I get anxious... I posted that while not having any good headphones here to enjoy... Now I have the he500 here so I can rest and wait.

post #90 of 1456

I am french thus I can perfectly understand this review, (you can ask me if you have some questions about the translation).

 

01net is a good french website but it has a lot of limits. Their reviews are sometimes totally wrong because they often don't take a lot of time to make their reviews, in addition of that these reviewers are not very expert in "earphones' category.  

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › AKG new headphone K545?