or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › AKG new headphone K545?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

AKG new headphone K545? - Page 48

post #706 of 1723
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro Oliveira View Post
 

Imagine the punchy bass from a pair of v6's or 7506 but a bit more forward....

I didn't like the v6 at all. The k545 bass is tighter and more satisfying than the v6.

post #707 of 1723
Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzlybeast View Post
 

I didn't like the v6 at all. The k545 bass is tighter and more satisfying than the v6.

if you like hip hop the bass has to be good.... do you also listen to rock, house, progressive, trance, d'n'b or dubstep?

If you do and like the bass i guess i am covered....

And the resolution of the k545 is the same as the one on the k550's (wich is supposed to be better than on the momentums)?

 

If it was not for the pads i would keep my momentums, but what the point of having a lifestyle headphone if you can only use it at home and without moving you're head very much....???

 

By the way, thank you for the proposal m8 but the overseas shipping and taxes would absolutely ruin the deal even if the price was great. I apreciatte it very much though.... :)

post #708 of 1723
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro Oliveira View Post
 

if you like hip hop the bass has to be good.... do you also listen to rock, house, progressive, trance, d'n'b or dubstep?

If you do and like the bass i guess i am covered....

And the resolution of the k545 is the same as the one on the k550's (wich is supposed to be better than on the momentums)?

 

If it was not for the pads i would keep my momentums, but what the point of having a lifestyle headphone if you can only use it at home and without moving you're head very much....???

 

By the way, thank you for the proposal m8 but the overseas shipping and taxes would absolutely ruin the deal even if the price was great. I apreciatte it very much though.... :)

I listen to worship music that is like alternative and rock but I don't like them that much for that but I haven't had a chance to try and figure out why. I do love female vocals with them. I listen to a bit of dub step I like them with dub step a lot. They have a clean presentation of synths.

 

I would like to make a recommendation and not an insult:

 

Since you are looking for this to be a lifestyle headphone I highly recommend getting a fiio e12 or something similar even a fiio e11 and strapping it to your portable device. these this will improve with amping more than a momentum will just like the k550. The resolution is good on these. 

 

No worries m8 lol.... in that case these suck lol just playing. Bro they are really good even without amping. I am listening to dub step with them now and really like it a lot. I just think that selling a cal or v6 and getting a little portable amp (fiio e12 has a lot of power and is awesome) would put a huge smile on your face.

post #709 of 1723
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro Oliveira View Post
 

 

anddd now I just remember you were the same guy from that particular thread xD 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzlybeast View Post
 

makes sense. It was the lack of body though that killed the k550 for me and its lack of bass. When I first heard them I was like " what the... these probably need an amp"

 

Then I heard the momentum and was like okay these are the best hp's in that price I have heard.

 

after that I heard the k545 and was like whoa they destroy the momentums for me.

 

It sounds like the annies would be awesome for me because of the body, soundstage, and open, airy benefits of an open back. I am eyeing the akg k712 to accompany a th600 later and be done for a while but I don't want two hp's with piercing highs. Maybe I should look at the annie. If the yamaha wasn't here I would easily be cool with just the k545. Its a good hp for sure and its looks destroy the competition. They feel so solid like they will last. I also never hear of k550's breaking easily either. 

Yes, the Annie have the body, airy soundstage, and awesome overall SQ, but only when properly amp-ed! They can sound pretty deadly with weak amps but really shine with powerful amps.

 

I tested the Yamaha... and I'm not happy with the sound it produce. Maybe it's not just for me haha

post #710 of 1723
deleted

Edited by grizzlybeast - 12/28/13 at 12:51am
post #711 of 1723

So as I said before my K545 should arrive in a few days... but now I'm a little worried cuz right now is one of my uncles who have them and yesterday I asked him if the package arrived ok, he said everything is ok, don't worry. Then I said that he could take them out and to try them and he said he will after work.

 

I was expecting him to be surprised with the quality and the sound of course but the next day he just said: "well they seem ok, look really cool but... I don't know, the volume was really low... I like my bose better and can't understand why are you spending so much in this (referring to the K545)"

 

Immediately I was like "did you put the cables backwards or something", "I don't think so... and I don't know how to connect the other thing" (refering to the Fiio E18)

 

So now I'm... a little puzzled. He is no audiophile, and can't properly describe the sound... but the improvement has to be there, right?  I'll try to tell him how to connect the E18... but as @dweaver said, this should be good even without amp.

 

Well my question here is do you think there's something wrong with my cans? or is just that my uncle is so used to his bose that the change just did't seem good?

 

This worries me cuz once I get them it would be really hard to send them back for guaranty (I'll end spending so much in just shipping).

post #712 of 1723
Quote:
Originally Posted by joruzani View Post
 

So as I said before my K545 should arrive in a few days... but now I'm a little worried cuz right now is one of my uncles who have them and yesterday I asked him if the package arrived ok, he said everything is ok, don't worry. Then I said that he could take them out and to try them and he said he will after work.

 

I was expecting him to be surprised with the quality and the sound of course but the next day he just said: "well they seem ok, look really cool but... I don't know, the volume was really low... I like my bose better and can't understand why are you spending so much in this (referring to the K545)"

 

Immediately I was like "did you put the cables backwards or something", "I don't think so... and I don't know how to connect the other thing" (refering to the Fiio E18)

 

So now I'm... a little puzzled. He is no audiophile, and can't properly describe the sound... but the improvement has to be there, right?  I'll try to tell him how to connect the E18... but as @dweaver said, this should be good even without amp.

 

Well my question here is do you think there's something wrong with my cans? or is just that my uncle is so used to his bose that the change just did't seem good?

 

This worries me cuz once I get them it would be really hard to send them back for guaranty (I'll end spending so much in just shipping).

 

Thats Odd. The K545's are relatively low impedance (32 ohms) So it should be driven well with any devices, meaning you shouldnt have low volume. Change the cord, thats my recommendation. I know with my beats (yes. . . -.- ) when i used the apple control cable the audio was much worse. This is why i just went ahead and bough a high quality 0.3 ohm cable w/o any controls on it for the K545's.

post #713 of 1723

Yea I think that the problem should be in the cable too... lets hope it is, I'm really excited with both the  K545 and Fiio E18 as my first audiophile grade rig :D

post #714 of 1723
If he has a Bose headphone they will have quite a different signature that he may like a lot which would make the K545 seem off, plus the K545 has a bit higher impedance and lower sensitivity making them a bit harder to drive.

I know the K545 will have deeper bass but less mid bass than the Bose and will have a warmer fuller sounding midrange with a lot less treble extension. The K545 will slay it for detail and sound stage though. But if your used to the Bose signature it would take several days of just listening to the K545 to retrain your brain.
post #715 of 1723
Quote:
Originally Posted by joruzani View Post
 

Yea I think that the problem should be in the cable too... lets hope it is, I'm really excited with both the  K545 and Fiio E18 as my first audiophile grade rig :D

Same, i cant wait till all my gear come. I get my K545's on monday, Bellari Rolls HA540 tube amp on Tuesday and Matrix M-Stage DAC on Wednesday, I've already gotten my TungSol and Mullard Tubes as well as my new headphone cable for the AKG's. Lol my original budget was $150, what i ended up spending $500 :) 

post #716 of 1723
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillsonChang007 View Post
 

anddd now I just remember you were the same guy from that particular thread xD 

 

Yes, the Annie have the body, airy soundstage, and awesome overall SQ, but only when properly amp-ed! They can sound pretty deadly with weak amps but really shine with powerful amps.

 

I tested the Yamaha... and I'm not happy with the sound it produce. Maybe it's not just for me haha

be honest what things about the k545 do you like over the yamaha?

post #717 of 1723
Quote:
Originally Posted by dweaver View Post

If he has a Bose headphone they will have quite a different signature that he may like a lot which would make the K545 seem off, plus the K545 has a bit higher impedance and lower sensitivity making them a bit harder to drive.

I know the K545 will have deeper bass but less mid bass than the Bose and will have a warmer fuller sounding midrange with a lot less treble extension. The K545 will slay it for detail and sound stage though. But if your used to the Bose signature it would take several days of just listening to the K545 to retrain your brain.

Ok, I hope there is no problem with the headphones... Just 5 more days :D

post #718 of 1723
Quote:
Originally Posted by joruzani View Post

...

I was expecting him to be surprised with the quality and the sound of course but the next day he just said: "well they seem ok, look really cool but... I don't know, the volume was really low... I like my bose better and can't understand why are you spending so much in this (referring to the K545)"

...

This worries me cuz once I get them it would be really hard to send them back for guaranty (I'll end spending so much in just shipping).

 

I also suspect the iDevice cable, if that was used, not because the quality of the cable is bad, but, some headphone output jacks are not designed with the 4th contact of the iDevice headphone plug in mind and therefore end up making incorrect electrical contacts.

 

I learned about this today while demoing a pair of KEF M500 today at a local store.  It sounded really faint when paired with an headphone amp, and I mentioned it to the staff (or owner?).  He asked whether it sounded like hearing under water and then immediately switch the iDevice cable to the non-iDevice one.  It was fine after the cable switch.

post #719 of 1723
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlau1125 View Post
 

 

I also suspect the iDevice cable, if that was used, not because the quality of the cable is bad, but, some headphone output jacks are not designed with the 4th contact of the iDevice headphone plug in mind and therefore end up making incorrect electrical contacts.

 

I learned about this today while demoing a pair of KEF M500 today at a local store.  It sounded really faint when paired with an headphone amp, and I mentioned it to the staff (or owner?).  He asked whether it sounded like hearing under water and then immediately switch the iDevice cable to the non-iDevice one.  It was fine after the cable switch.


Oh I see. Yea probably that was the problem, thanks.

post #720 of 1723
Good catch, that definitely can cause issues with sound.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › AKG new headphone K545?